Avivo Video Convert (comes with ccc)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by DeathtrapX, Mar 10, 2006.

1. DeathtrapX

DeathtrapX Master Guru

GPU:
    x800 XT 256mb sapphire 500/500
    The new 6.3 drivers include something called the Avivo video converter. Which lets you convert videos, go figure.

I read this only supports x1000 series of cards,

NOTE: The Avivo™ Video Converter is designed to only work with any of our X1000 series products (X1300, X1600, X1800, X1900).

To be exact.

Anyone know why only these? I have an x800 XT I'd think it wouldn't matter what kinda card you had. I really wish I could use it because I am gunna buy a 60 gb ipod video soon and this would rock for me to convert my movies onto the ipod

I know other programs do this, but it'd be nice to just have it in the ccc ... any ideas why they only designed it for the x1000 series? Seems pretty unreasonable.

2. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    yeah the video conveter from ati will speed up and add high IQ when u decode a video. i go to my video house alot to decode my anime dvd it take 20 mins to decode into a psp video HQ.

3. DeathtrapX

DeathtrapX Master Guru

GPU:
    Thanks for reply but I still wonder why can't this be used for x800 series cards, why only x1000 series? Doesn't make much sense unless I am missing out on something.

4. illdrag0n

illdrag0n Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 8GB
    beacaue the X1000s have Avivo and the X000 dont. simple

5. DeathtrapX

DeathtrapX Master Guru

GPU:
    Uhm that doesn't really explain anything from the way you typed it. You're saying the cards physically don't have the capability to use this software? Meaning its a phsyical hardware condition? I don't get it, if you want to explain go ahead that comment really doesn't help at all though.

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    It works regardless of the bard you have, at least it did a while back, try it.

7. YurAnus

YurAnus Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobile Radeon HD 5730
    you have vivo, x0000 have avivo

8. illdrag0n

illdrag0n Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 8GB
    it is a hardware thing. X000 have vivo, X1000 have avivo

9. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    Yeah. The X1K's just take vivo a step further, its something thats implemented in the core (I believe) of the card.

10. DeathtrapX

DeathtrapX Master Guru

GPU:
    I have vivo? Does that contain video conversion ability's?

The only reason I care about this "avivo" stuff is because I am purchasing an ipod video 60gb soon, and it'd be nice to have a simple tool like avivo to convert .avi into the ipod format.

I know theres external software that does this but I heard the avivo thing really is simple and faster, so my question is this. Someone said x800 have "vivo", does that have any option to convert video formats? All I see in CCC is stuff for deinterlacing, video color stuff etc, nothing like convertion for formats : ( Anyone know? Appreciate it guys!