Avivo Color now works on DVI LCD! x1950

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Amilo-D, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Amilo-D

Amilo-D Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 280GTX 702mhz
    :bigsmile:

As said.. Avivo color correction slider is now fully functional in newest beta: 1.2.6.981

Thank you so much!

2. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Hey! I did nothing for this in last beta! Are you sure??? :)

3. Amilo-D

Amilo-D Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 280GTX 702mhz
    absolutely positive!

may have to do with rebooting after installation? but it does indeed works on my DVI LCD. Both Hue and Saturation controls work.

I could post a "simulated" screenshot but... no point :)

4. Alcyone

Alcyone Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ENGTX280 1GB
    Hmm, it's not working for me at all. I just downloaded 1.2.6.981 beta and did some software maintenance:

1) Uninstalled previous ATT (1.2.6.964)
    2) Reboot
    3) Installed new beta (1.2.6.981)
    4) Reboot

Everything seems to be working just like with 1.2.6.964 with Avivo colors - sliders don't do anything AND I get this same event viewer error message every time I try to move the slider a bit:

[​IMG]

If I open up the message it says: Display is not active

I'm using ASUS x1950pro with 7.1 catalysts (No .NET & CCC installed). My display is Viewsonic VX2025wm connected via DVI-interface. Not gonna use VGA adapter in any case. Did Amilo-D use CCC suite in between trying ATT 1.2.6.981 beta and whatever version of ATT before that? Maybe using CCC changed something in registry which allowed ATT slider to have the desired effect?

Well..I'm not gonna install CCC bloatware either because of this problem though. Best of luck with the feature Adams if you try to fix it :cheers: Thanks for nicey software.

5. Alcyone

Alcyone Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ENGTX280 1GB
    Could someone who has this working check catalyst registry settings if any parameter changes there after playing with the avivo control sliders? ATT shows the correct registry path via System Information option.

I quickly checked but couldn't find anything other for saturation or hue than the overlay parameters (DALovlxxx).