1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avexir RAIDEN DDR3 Memory has Lightning Tubes

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The Raiden series is, a high performance DDR3 gaming memory modules, using world exclusive patented technology of plasma tubes to mimic lightening effect for gamers who seek true stimulation and excit...

Avexir RAIDEN DDR3 Memory has Lightning Tubes

2. icedman

icedman Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX 1080
    Looks epic would be cool with other coloured plasma tubes like red and green

3. bonomork

bonomork Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080Ti
    amazing!

4. David3k

David3k Active Member

GPU:
    Graphics Processing Unit
    MY SIDES HAVE LEFT THE SYSTEM

This is comedy gold

5. huilun02

huilun02 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X Lightning
    You reckon its worth it for someone who has a NH-D15 and spends more time looking at the screen than in the case?

6. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Gimmickry sells. If they added small chrome tube exhausts that spewed out smoke or sparks it may even sell more.

7. Vtech

Vtech Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX970
    Looking ahead for the day when memory modules grow bigger than motherboards.

8. David3k

David3k Active Member

GPU:
    Graphics Processing Unit
    I just had a thought; if you wanted to be eye-catchy, an interesting use would be with what someone mentioned, pairing these with cold cathode tubes in a case, right?

Go a step further: get a clear acrylic case (you know the ones), cut recesses into the inside of the case for the cold cathode tubes, and fab pieces of bent acrylic tubes or get fiber lighting cables to touch the parts of these modules that light up and make em direct towards the edges of the case (you might need to cut more recesses for these.

Bet that would be quite interesting in the dark, with your entire case flickering like that.

I would never build something like that for myself, but if a client wants flashy, by Odin, I'll give it to him.

9. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    quadro K6000+Tesla M2090
    it is a state of mind =^.^=

My PC have no windows as industrial 4U rac or flat HTPC but the inside is always color matching, cute and well ordened...

lol

10. DeskStar

DeskStar Master Guru

GPU:
    4 eVGA GTX TITAN SC
    I'll take a 64G kit with black PCB and black heat spreaders......& keep that sexy blue Lightning goin on.

11. DeskStar

DeskStar Master Guru

GPU:
    4 eVGA GTX TITAN SC
    I think that would be an obvious sign of technology as a whole heading in the wrong direction.

12. Hootmon

Hootmon Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX580 8GB
    Form without substance.

13. DeskStar

DeskStar Master Guru

GPU:
    4 eVGA GTX TITAN SC
    ?????

14. Hootmon

Hootmon Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX580 8GB
    I was agreeing with you

15. slyphnier

slyphnier Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    for modding its seems cool idea

but as soon i read the plasma tubes, what comes into my mind first is, how long those tubes lasts?
    i dont think it LED based source and afaik there not much light source that have lifetime as long as LED (there are some, but those are not cheap if price into count)

now most memory have lifetime warranty
    and recall from failed "plasma tubes" will covered in warranty?

16. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    Haters gonna hate right? Why even post man? Seriously? Guys that like to show off their rigs buy stuff like this. Why even post man? Seriously? I have Tracer memory in mine that is blue and it looks awesome! I think the new memory looks cool,I'd buy it.

17. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    This is just as ridiculous as the SLI bridges with lights on them that cost $30+.

I bet these will sell real well to the Apple fanbois though as they also go for form over function.

18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Merriam-Webster def. of forum:

b : a public meeting place for open discussion
    c : a medium (as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas.

I do not 'hate' this product, just expressing my view that 'form over function' does not apply well to anything which is for the most part hidden. And it is a gimmick. Its main selling point is something totally unrelated to its purpose or function. If you like bling and glitter applied to things, I have no problem with that. Buy it and enjoy it. :nerd:

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Because what my ram look like matters to me??, then i guess people that stare at the inside of their pc instead of using might eat this up, but i never saw the point to any of the stuff, much like LED fan lights.

20. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Seahawk EK
    Personally I've been using Ballistix Tracers for years, not just for the looks but the fact that the LED's show when my ram is being accessed I find a visual indication is really useful but not sure about tubes, as someone else mentioned how long do they last? And more importantly how do they behave? if it's just a visual effect that's on all the time then I won't have much use for them but if they respond like my tracers then I may be interested.