Avatar: using Dunia engine, anyone else excited?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by F1refly, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Cheers, 1.6gb, and only coming down at 800kb/s, but hopefully get a chance to test tonight.

2. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    I disagree. I think from Far cry 2, the engine actually has a great reputation. It's just Far Cry 2 the game that has the not-so-good one.

I would say that...Dunia is probably my favorite engine overall, the damn thing just feels like it runs SO well. Feels like it's using all the horsepower available and giving you quite beautiful scenes. Photorealistic? No. Beautiful though.

EDIT: Is that demo in English? Downloading it anyway, of course. Can't find an english version...you'd think one would exist.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  3. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, its in English.

Be careful with the install, it picked the Firefox folder as the default extraction folder, and in my late night hastiness i clicked next:bang:

4. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    If the game depicts the exact events of the movie I'd rather wait to see the movie first.

5. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Had a quick play on it, not sure what to make of it yet.

There are alot of graphic options which is nice, as well as alot of 3D stereo ones which is great to see in a game, but the game and movie were created with that in mind.

It looks very nice when your ingame, pretty, but not hugely realistic though, character models don't look up to the same level as the rest of the visuals though.

At 1920x1080 8xAA and everything maxed my framerate sticks around the 20's, but that is with my CPU at stock speed, will definetly need to OC for this as the physics drags it down to the late teens when you destroy stuff.

Game seemed ok, kinda generic though. Kinda like a badly controlled Gears Of War, will try again when im less tired though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    They should've stuck with the first person.

Far Cry 2 had a fairly satisfying first person view.

EDIT: is DX10 available in the demo..?

Reason I ask is, it's not available to me in Far Cry 2, despite using windows 7, and since this uses the same engine, I have no way of knowing.

And great. I'm getting flashing shadows. Anyone else?

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Based on those screens it uses DX10.
    (Black border around the FRAPS framerate counter.)

8. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Shadows are fine for me, no problems with it at all apart my system being underpowered, but if its anything like Far Cry2, it should be possible to improve performance without losing too much image quality.

Yeah, DX10 is available in the demo, haven't compared image quality or performance to DX9 yet.

9. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    I hope its not another Crappy port game! please makers... make this game for my pc only!!

pleaaaaseee!

10. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    No such thing these days.

11. DeMS

DeMS Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 270X HAWX 2GB
    Thanks for the heads-up, I know I would have had a fest of clicking next in my attempt to try it out as soon as possible. But now I'll wait and read everything just in case :nerd:

Downloading at 1.23Mb/sec, gonna try it out tomorrow.

12. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    I think it looks great. Hopefully it's better than what the E3 conference made it look like. My god, he wouldn't shut up about it. 40 minutes of a game we got to see 0% of.

13. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    i was hoping the dunia engine would be put to good use in a game with decent GAMEPLAY that farcry2 game was pure fail in that department. Looks good :thumbup:

14. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    just played the demo, it really looks fantastic, ran it maxed in DX10 on Win7 @ 1680x1050 and just 2xAA, had vsynch on but it rarely if ever dropped below 50FPS, and was at 60FPS 95% of the time, 5850 was just running at 725 core & 1125 mem.

It doesnt use physx does it?

15. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    ****ty storyline? That was Crysis by far. North Koreans are dying from starvation and the North Korean government somehow found the money to invade and occupy an island with high tech technology. LOLfaildevsoncrack. Had it been the Russians I'd have found it far more believable but North Korea? Why not use Iran or Iraq? Maybe Lybia or Cuba? If you're going to wage war on someone at least use someone with more money than the North Koreans. Even Albania, once Europe's poorest country, has more money than them. Honestly, I think they should have just blamed it on Canada. Seriously, the Crysis storyline was written by a Baboon on meth.

Far Cry 2 wasn't that bad and I actually liked it. I just got bored of the insta spawn roadblocks.

We'll see how this works out but right now it's not out and we'll just have to wait and see how this works out. It looks pretty but looks a great game don't make.

16. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SLI
    Hmmm, I can't get the demo to run gives me an error right after launch.

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i was about the say samething lol. Most of the products r for consoles, than PCs. shame but thats the truth. and it hurts bigtime.:wanker:

18. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte 970 g1
    demo looks good and plays real smooth at 8xaa 1920x1080 16xaf, but nothing spectacular, will probly be worth a playthrough, i mean hey you get to shoot stuff lol

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    runs fine ? hmm..this is not a sandbox game hu? u just follow directly a single mission?

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    atleast it also brings good games to the pc. think of that too :)
    consoles have always had the best exclusive games imo
    i hate the fact that they become lazy and dont addapt some pc features when it is released on pc though.