Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Sash, Mar 8, 2010.

1. vipk

vipk Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4890 1 Gb
    I'm glad the Hurt Locker got the awards. It was and awsome movie and completely different than most things holywood produces. Avatar was nothing more than a 3D Pocahontas.

2. glock38

glock38 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 285 2GB
    Inglourious Basterds should have cleaned house but we all know the academy are a bunch pansies. Either that or A Serious Man should have won.

Hurt Locker was good but nothing special. Still better than Avatar though.

3. Abrams

Abrams Master Guru

GPU:
    9800 gtx+/8850m gddr5
    Really cant read the whole thread, prolly been said already, Avatar is tech/3D eyecandy with story tied to it. Hurt Locker is a story that had 3D eveycandy tied to it.

True story + good effects = always win in movie world.

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    Avatar is one of the best movies I have ever seen. Yeah the story was "seen it before" but so what it worked. The script was not bad, the acting was great, the special effects were out of this world. And Cameron's use of 3D was different from everyone else's. He choose to use it as more of a DOF (depth of field) to give the movie more clarity, and to draw the viewer in more. If you did not see it in IMAX I strongly recommend you do.

I love how when films do this well, and people basically just jump on the bandwagon and say its rubbish. I bet half these people have not even watched the movie themselves.

On another note, I also loved The Hurt Locker and thought it was a great movie. I don't think it was worthy of 6 awards but I am defiantly proud that the underdog did so well.

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    Hurt Locker was not 3D?

EDIT: Nevermind I see what I mean now. Lol just woke up my mind is still asleep. Now where are my blunts?

6. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Watched The Hurt Locker few days ago. Good enough to watch it through once, but not more.