Auzentech X-Purity/X-Meridian Specs

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    You might get into latency trouble though, to much processing. Try XM71 DTS out>X-Fi DTS decoder>XM71 encoder. That will complete the loop lol. So which comes first, the egg or chicken?

2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    AFAIK, and based on my own testing the Digital inputs on the XM7.1 accept Stereo PCM, if your attempting to feed it a DTS signal, this would explain the wierd noises. Can you explain clearly what your attempting to do? I tried to read abck but it's kinda murky...

3. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    I've tested it, the XM71 works with stereo PCM but not DD/DTS signal. I haven't tried DD/DTS input through X-Fi yet. If it works, I think that dual sound cards are more fun than dual GPUs and CPUs, right Rob? I've tried dual GPU before(2x 6800Ultras). I got more heat, more noise and more PSU requirement but a single similiar priced GPU will outperform them anytime. I sold both cards for 250eur and bought a 230eur 7950GT, in 3DMarks 06, dual 6800Ultras got slightly more points but in games the 7950GT performs much better.

4. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    True enough. When running dual soundcards you can usually find a patch to accomplish anything! I doubt the X-fi will accept the DD/DTS signal either not on it's digital input. I can't be 100% sure because I don't own a X-fi but experience tells me NO. It will probably just accept Digital stereo PCM. Possibly 16/48 or so...

5. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    yup the input was from Sunday Night Football and I'm pretty certain that's DD5.1. I figured the card would decode it...process...and then re-encode it on the way out. Oh well. I still have the Audigy2 but I'm selling it for $45 so no use...then again I do have an old Sound Blaster Live sitting around. :p

6. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    yes I was trying to input a DD5.1 system from my cable box and then run some effects on it and then spit it back out

...it'll pass the signal through unmolested w/o a hitch (the 5.1) but if you try and add effects and whatnot you'll get that wonderful click/buzz noise you get when trying to play a digital source w/o it being decoded. :(

The only thing it's doing great for me now is that my receiver doesn't have enough inputs for all my devices so I run my standalone DVD player currently into the coax input...when I want to use it just turn loopback on. :p Oh well...

7. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    As soon as you try to add effect the card will switch modes. it will think your processing a PCM stream. Try sending a stereo PCM stream into the card. It will let you add effect upmix it using proLogic IIx and out put it using either DD or DTS...
    @NOS, if you need even more inputs the X-Tension board will be released soon.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2006
  8. sillysighbean

sillysighbean Member

GPU:
    Ati 1900xtx (Gigabyte)
  9. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    Erm... the Elite Pro has the same chip as the XtremeMusic but are they the same? Btw how does it sound compared to X-Fi?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2006
  10. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    nah I don't need more inputs...oh well thought I could process the dolby stream. :(

11. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I don't knof of any soundcards that can do what your asking. Atleast none I have seen.
    Pls, try and keep the topic to the X-Meridian, if we start adding in cards becasue they have the same chipset where does it end? They aren't even close to being the same card.
    @silly, if you want to talk about and give your opinion about that card post it out in the main section. That is the best place as a few people were asking about those cards..post it where everybody can see..

12. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Well it's "no big deal." I was just seeing if I could do it that's all. So you're saying if I flip on a broadcast that's not Dolby 5.1 (I think it's safe to assume I'm getting PCM 2.0 then) I should be able to toy around with the settings on it then.

13. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Well you should be able to set your receiver? to change the output to Stereo PCM. Yes you can "fool around" with the settings. I send digital info from one device into the X-Meridian all the time. If it's coming in is 2.0 PCM you can use Prologic IIX to upmix it and use either DD or DTS to output, for instance. The card accepts PCM input but not AC3, which is the "code" name for Dolby Digital 5.1

14. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    I know what AC3 is thanks :p

The card does accept AC3/DTS input...it'll just spit it back out un-edited. I'll play with it later for 2.0 signals. If I downmix the original 5.1 signal then I'm losing the discrete 5.1 which is not what I want because an upmix in my opinion isn't really discrete 5.1.

I just want it to run flexbass that's all. Nothing else crazy on the 5.1 input. I have the option of setting my speakers as large/small on my receiver but I can't set custom frequency cutoffs.

15. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    You may know but your not the only one who reads this info.:)
    Downmix is really the only option in this case. I tried to do something similar that is why I know this info. I also wanted to input AC3 to the card and output it. In my case though 2.0 PCM is just fine. I understand why you don't want to downmix >transfer>Upmix it is NOT the same thing. It is a option though for certain things..

16. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    @ALG, using the stereo Mini jack you will only get Digital output. check your pm
    The basic SPDIF I/O is the same on my A2.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
  17. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    Well if that's the case then I think that I can create a cable for the digital I/O because I think that I have a four inputs(a normal stereo already has three right?) mini-jack somewhere.

18. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Look at the minijack, yeah I guess it would be four. The Module is cheap.
    I was gonna buy one the other day. I thought you only needed output?

19. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Let me explain what ALG and I have been doing. Sort of explains the last few posts alot of us moved from Audigy 2's and some even X-fi's to the XM7.1. You need to have both cards installed first off. I figured out that it's possible to use a cheap mini-jack to RCA connector to get digital out on the A2 or the X-fi's flexi jack. Using this cable you can send digital signals out of the A2 or the X-fi and into the X-Meridian. Can you guess where I am going with this? If you set Windows to use the A2 or the X-fi in the control panel all your games will be processed by the A2 or X-fi. They will then be transfered out of the CL card and into the X-Meridian for output in DD or DTS or Dolby Headphone etc. Patching these two cards together allows you to use the A2 or X-fi's DSP for EAX and use the X-Meridian for ouput. If you have a A2 you will have EAX 1,2,3,4 & OpenAL Hardware Accelerated. If you have a X-fi installed you will have EAX 1,2,3,4,5 & OpenAL Hardware Accelerated. So in this setup you are only using the Creative card as a DSP processor and using the X-Meridian as a output section. Do what you will with the info. I decided to try it out one day when I was bored. You can apply any effects on the X-fi or X-Meridian.
    Dual videocards is common why not dual soundcards? In fact dual soundcards is used alot in recording. AFAIK, not to many people use dual soundcards in this fashion. In this setup the CL card is a DSP ONLY and the XM7.1 is your ouput section so your getting the best out of BOTH cards. There are some drawbacks etc..but why not? your old card is just sitting there isn't it? you can tell your buddies you have dual soundcards!
    BTW, on the mini jack to twin RCA cable it's the white RCA jack that is the digital out from the CL card.
    You need to enable monitoring on the X-Meridian to have the digital played back realtime.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  20. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    Rob, can your Audigy2 accept a digital signal? Can you make the Audigy 2 to decode a DD/DTS signal and output it through the X-Meridian's analogue? Some people only have a computer speaker as the best speaker in their house but most of these speakers are only analogue so they can't connect their consoles directly to it to get a surround sound. I think that the Audigy 2 can decode DD/DTS signal to it's analogue output but since the X-Meridian sounds better, it would be better to output it from the X-Meridian. Too bad that the X-Meridian can't decode a DD/DTS signal by itself because the card already has a good sound quality so with a DD/DTS decoding, even if it is done by a software, the card could also be used as a cheap but good receiver.

Edit: I found this thread regarding the DD/DTS decoding. You need the drive I/O to make the X-Fi decode a DD/DTS input.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.