Auzentech X-Purity/X-Meridian Specs

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Target

Target New Member

GPU:
    ATi 1900XT @ 660 MHz
    I got my one from here

2. nburyan

nburyan New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 7800 GTX 256
    I finally got my x-mer and i was wondering if someone could help me configure
    the drivers because the sound is not clear at all and sounds crappy.
    I have the logitech z-5300e and i use also headphones.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2006
  3. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    First turn off all dsp features(Dolby Pro Logic, DTS Neo: PC, Virtual speaker shifter and etc). Turning all of them together will give a very crappy sound, try to use each feature separately or try without any feature.

4. nburyan

nburyan New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 7800 GTX 256
    I Played with almost all the features and it sounds crappy,
    my center speaker doesn't do you think it has anything to about it?
    (I hope i can replace it or repair it)

5. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    Have you tried the speaker test function? How did you connect the speaker to the card and what do you mean by the crappy sound? Please tell me did you listen to music or what and what program are you using? First make sure that the speaker is connected properly and all speaker should sound correctly using the speaker test function, if the speaker doesn't sound correcty, try each output to see whether did you get a faulty card.

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    @Rock, Clean out.
    @Nburyan, Make sure all your speakers are connected properly and run a sound check. You haven't done any type of diagnostic testing? Talking about replacing or repairing -what your speakers or the card?

7. nburyan

nburyan New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 7800 GTX 256
    1.The center speaker also didn't work with the onboard sound card So i dont thing it has anything to do with the connections.
    2.When i mean crappy i mean that i hear buzzing from the speakers.
    3. Yes, I have listened to music

8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Sounds like your speakers are shot. Try testing the card with headphones.
    Also what are you using to play music?
    IF your speakers didn't work properly with your onabord and they still don't work properly with the XM7.1 then maybe you need to get some new speakers. Test the card with other speakers or try headphones to rule out other issues...

9. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    Rockonhard,
    I didn't get your PM.

Nburyan,
    Don't set the volume in the mixer too high, the X-Meridian has a 5Vrms output, if you set it to full, not all speaker can handle the high output, however the output is great for headphones.

10. nburyan

nburyan New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 7800 GTX 256
    Also with my headphone i get something like static sound (not buzzing i mixed up the words).
    with my onboard only the center speaker didn't work everything else worked fine.
    i am listening to "The Best Of Sting", when we dance from a cd not an mp3 file.

p.s.
    i want every song to sound good that is the reason that i bought this sound card

11. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    Sound like you got a faulty card or a faulty OPAMP. Even if I use full volume, there is no noise from my headphones when nothing is played. With the X-Meridian sometimes I can hear the background noise from some of the songs I have, the noise is not from the card but the noise is from my mp3 files, if I stop playing the song, the noise will also stop.

Edit: Maybe the card is not faulty but it is picking up the noise in your casing, try to move the card to another PCI slot as far as possible from other components like fans and harddrives.

12. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Give us a little more info what are you using to play your CD? BTW every song sounds amazing on mine. You have some type of issue. It may or may not be the card. Something is adding static to the sound.

13. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    actually to me the sound is best w/o any of the DSP's. It just requires some tweaking of the EQ to your specific setup + playing around with flexbass. I found that default and all the other presets sound like crap. Once it's set to your likings (I have one EQ setting for headphones...and another for my 5.1) you'll be more than pleased. :)

Like this other guy when I first installed the card and had everything set to defaults I honestly was disappointed at first. I was like wait a minute...what's with all the hype. :( etc etc etc...

This guy's problem sounds like a faulty connection or bad hardware (either with the speakers, card, or both).

The guy with the problem...try plugging in another source (MP3 player or something) into your speakers and see if you get the same problem.

14. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    The Presets in the EQ aren't meant to be used as they are. They are meant to be used as guide points. Then you adjust for your specific setup. Some reverb is alright on certan songs. I fell it brings certain things to the surface if used correctly. IT should just add some ambience. That's how I use it..
    I didn't like the PLIIX or DTS at first not with music. BUT it takes some setting aswell. it sounds alot different than DD Live so it takes a little getting used to. I find it can sound very good with music, although you usually have to turn it up a bit. DTS seems lower than DD. Of course sound is subjective so these are just my ideas on the topic..
    I figured you have all these great technologies on the card might aswell learn to use them. Turn on some tunes and pull up the config panel. Play away!!

15. nburyan

nburyan New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 7800 GTX 256
    once i will fix my center speaker i will try to adjust it and if it wont work
    i will return here.

16. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    ok what's the purpose of the SPDIF Loopback? None of the effects work at ALL when I plug in a digital device. I was hoping to get dolby headphone working through it...nada :(

It seems like all it does is spit the data right back out. If I set it to anything...analog output...dolby live...digital 44.1...dts...etc. I just get an insanely loud tick tick buzz sound...this sucks. :(

Last edited: Dec 18, 2006
  17. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    Did you enable the monitoring function? Try this, set the output to xxkHz and turn on the monitoring for the spdif in under the mixer menu.

18. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    yup once you enable monitor it'll run the audio through on SPDIF loopback selected under the digital drop box...HOWEVER it won't allow you to do anything (apply EQ settings...DSP's...FlexBass...Key Shifting...etc.). Basically it seems like it'll just output whatever you input w/o allowing any alterations to it...that sucks. :( Unless someone has a better idea.

If you set it to anything else while leaving monitoring on you get that wonderful click/buzz sound.

19. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    Your input, is it a DD/DTS input or just a plain PCM stereo input? If you're trying to add effects to a DD/DTS input, it won't work because you need to decode the signal first. If it is only a stereo PCM input, I think that it should work. BTW you have the Audigy 2 right? I think that the card has a hardware DD/DTS decoder, why don't you use the card as the prefered recording device and the XM71 as the prefered playback device. Decode the DD/DTS signal with the Audigy 2, add effects and encode the signal back into DD/DTS using the XM71, man your PC will become some sort of a receiver.

20. DXX

DXX Master Guru

GPU:
    HD5850CF
    ALG thats a great idea i still have X-fi in my system with X-meridian.I will give it a try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.