Auzentech X-Purity/X-Meridian Specs

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    What I'm saying is the logitech z5300e is a good and cheaper alternative to use with the X-Meridian because I think that if you buy the Z-5500, you will still get a better sound in analogue than digital with the X-Meridian. The Z5300e basically it is the same speaker as the Z-5500 but with a smaller woofer and without the digital connectivity. I think that the Z-5500's receiver uses almost the same components as my Z-5400 only the speaker and woofer is different. My Z-5400 sounds better in digital than analogue with my X-Plosion and X-Fi, only the analogue of the X-Meridian is better than the digital, but it is not like "Wow" or so. That's why I'm still using the speaker in digital because I'm too lazy to change the input with my headphones. As for the floppy, I used it to flash BIOS sometimes.

2. DontMakeMeEatU

DontMakeMeEatU Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7900gt
    I thought the whole point of the X-Meridian was to have digital better than analogue. But now you're saying that the X-Meridian's analogue is better than its digital? *confused*

3. <><

<>< Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS
    No, i think hes saying that the xmeridian is able to produce a better analog sound than the decoder on his digital inputs of his logitech speakers, which is the weak point of his system. Thats the reason analog is better.

4. DontMakeMeEatU

DontMakeMeEatU Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7900gt
    So to use the X-Meridian to its full potential, you would need a better decoder than the one in the Z-5500 and Z-5400?

5. rockonhard

rockonhard Master Guru

GPU:
    Gecube 9600 pro 128
    @ N0sferatU
    Oh ok, might give that a try (I thought it's a hardware thing or something like that). Does WinDVD has this feature also?
    Thanks.

@Tenkanisk
    Yeh, it's good for flashing the bios and firmware and it's also a great memento from the past.

munif, ever considered using line-breaks?

Seriously though in your opinion, the digital features of XM7.1 are only the same in quality and loudness as with the X-Plosion (therefore X-Mystique as well)?

If that's the case, then it'd be a moot point for me to get the XM7.1, since I want to go digital ALL THE WAY. Maybe I'd be better off in getting the X-Plosion since I don't have DTS yet.

BTW how do you do multi-quote in this thing? :help:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2006
  6. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    I'm not referring this directly to you but just in general...

While this whole Logitech speaker debate has nothing to do with me what I don't understand is we spend a ridiculous amount of money for a sound card and then try and cut corners on the speakers running it? :confused:

7. rockonhard

rockonhard Master Guru

GPU:
    Gecube 9600 pro 128
    Yep, that seems to be the case. I know where you're coming from N0sferatU. I always think that when buying audio components (including PC sound peripherals) you must go all the way (without breaking the bank of course) when it comes to shopping for amplifiers/receivers and speakers.

The rest in between, e.g. DVD players and such don't have to be so high-end. It's the first two things mentioned above what matters the most.

8. <><

<>< Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS
    Eh, i think people learn from experience. This is my first sytem that im building and i'm taking this as a lesson for any future builds i do. Some people are just upgrading their sound card and keeping their original receivers/speakers...i never really knew the technicalities behind sound, and there is alot to take into account when building a good sound system. Im a total newbie to this (coming from onboard laptop sound) so i think i'll be more than happy with my z5500's and bEnspirer card.

So, i think someone should do a side by side review of the auzentech vs bluegears vs sondigo and see what comes up!

9. Tenkanisk

Tenkanisk Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon Sapphire X1900gt
    One of the largest selling points was the x-meridian could do 24/192 digital. There is no way to get that with current PC speakers so you would go HT and break the bank, or run out of space. So that means Analogue is the way to go if you want to hit that area, if you can get an analogue system that runs about the same as the top with just a bit of difference for a hundred or more cheaper why wouldn't you?

10. rockonhard

rockonhard Master Guru

GPU:
    Gecube 9600 pro 128
    To simply put it, you get what you pay for. Don't care much for 24/192 or whatever. As long it sounds great and that is all that matters. I'd even take mono if it sounds great.

My point is, we've got so many different sound levels that it can get way too confusing sometimes. All I know is if I hear a sound and then I judge it whether it's good or not, not wondering is it in 24/192 format or not.

11. Tenkanisk

Tenkanisk Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon Sapphire X1900gt
    I understand what you mean. I want the best sound but the money I get trickles in and needs to be used for more than computer parts. I won't likely be able to do another upgrade or make extra comps around my house for a while so I need to get what is good now without over doing it. If a z5300 can do approximately the same analogue as a z5500 (not really known). Then why spend an extra 100 on digital you won't use?

12. rockonhard

rockonhard Master Guru

GPU:
    Gecube 9600 pro 128
    Yeh Tenkanisk, Pc(s) and Audio components are such expensive hobbies. Wish I'm rich as munif's >wink wink< so I can buy the best HT there is and have a mini theater to boot ;)

13. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    The 5300e are a good set of speakers also. The 5500's or logitechs other speakers will sound very nice in digital mode. The main point is they cannot handle the 24/192 output. You can set the card to 24/96, which is also very good. If you have a XM7.1 and put half decent speakers on it like the 5300e's your gonna get some nice sound. It is nice to know your soundcard is capable of a standard that is not in full production yet for future upgrades.
    The 5300e's are very good speakers to consider as the price has been coming down alot and they have a pretty decent power rating.

14. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    <><,
    Someone in another forum said before that his friend wants to return the X-Meridian and buy a b-Enspirer because the b-Enspirer is cheaper and it also uses the same DAC and OPAMPs like the XM71. Yesterday I asked the guy about his friend with the b-Enspirer, I got this as an answer:
    Nosferatu,
    Some people including me buy the Logitech's speakers instead of a HT system because of several factors like: 1) the price is cheaper than a complete HT system 2) more space is needed to set up a proper HT system and 3) a HT system is more powerful, not only it needs more electric to run but the sound can also disturb others if it is used at places like apartment. When the time comes, I will definitely also buy a proper HT setup later but if I already have a proper HT system, I don't think that I need to buy the X-Meridian because any other Oxygen HD sound card(b-Enspirer, Club3D, Sondigo, Razer) will also give the same digital signal to be processed by the receiver so I won't be using the great analogue. My Logitech's digital is not really bad, it beats all my sound cards in analogue(X-Plosion, X-Fi and onboard Audigy SE) except for the XM71.

Rockonhard,
    Are you saying that I'm rich because I bought both the X-Fi and XM71? If I'm really rich, I won't use the 160eur Z-5400 but instead I'll use a HT receiver. I bought the X-Meridian for $200=155eur but I need to pay 25eur tax and my X-Fi cost me about 55eur. Consider the price of the Elite Pro here is 320eur=$416 and you can buy a 8800GTX in the US at the price of the 8800GTS here. The price of my graphic card is 230eur=$300, I paid 120eur=$156 for my X-Plosion, the same price for my HD-595. I didn't buy all the stuffs together but I bought it one by one. I actually bought the XM71 long time ago but the shipment was delayed, I've put aside some money for the card way back then when I ordered it in the upgrade program.

15. rockonhard

rockonhard Master Guru

GPU:
    Gecube 9600 pro 128
    Munif
    Wrote that piece with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. I can't even afford to buy the XM7.1 now (for the moment anyway) with all my other commitments and all.

Would you mind selling your X-Plosion since the digital side (according to you) of it is on par with the XM7.1 anyway. I'll just want the DTS then. Got a few relos in Germany so I'm just wonderin'.

16. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I don't know why so many guys worry about money so much when it comes to audio. Speaking of Video cards or such, guys pay through the nose for them. The will turn around 6 months later and buy another one. Atleast if you invest in a good soundcard they will be good for a long time. The XM7.1 rocks, seriously rocks. So for the price you get all these features that if you tried to buy a reciever with these features you would pay alot more. The card is easily worth it's price. I have notice a change around this forum that people are starting to take the audio side of their PC's more seriously. It deserves consideration and a decent investment. You get great returns ad you don't have to upgrade all the time when a new game comes out!! Even older soundcards they still sound good. Just not quite as good as the new ones. As Rock pointed out you get what you pay for. If you want to skimp out you won';t get the same quality. It is just that simple.

17. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    they're rather cheap hobbies compared to my hobby in automotives. PC stuff can cost in the hundreds...car modifications and whatnot can go easily into the thousands. :( Wish I never got into it but that wonderful addicition of speed ain't easily put to bed. :)

Yea I bought this card so later in the year I could temporarily ditch my HT while I go out on clinical rotations but wanted a good card to drive my headphones...and this card sure doesn't disappoint. Anyways about HT...

It doesn't require a ridiculous amount of money to piece together a home theatre system. Granted mine is nothing state of the art (cost me a total fo $1035 on the speaker/receiver back in 2003). Just buy it in pieces. First I got JBL speakers (and an old crappy AVR that didn't even have Dolby Digital as a hand-me down). Then I bought the Denon AVR 484 (cheap-entry level model) along with an Infinity PS-10 Sub. I was a poor college student at the time so nothing too crazy. I still run it and I've listened to speakers like the Logitch's and they are pretty damn impressive but they don't compare.

So yea...$300 Receiver....$350...Sub. Fronts $160....Center $75...Rears $150...$1035 for sound.

Plus if you want some good analog sound run some high quality headphones...I sometimes enjoy them more than my HT setup...shocking ain't it. :eek:

18. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    You use the X-Meridian to drive your HT setup? man must have some good sound going on. I haven't considered which way I am gonna go. I need my new PC first then I am either getting a good 5.1 set of analogs or I am gonna go HT route..

19. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    yup. Here it is...PC's on the far right where my desk is. I used to have a Klipsch 2.1 THX for the computer but sold them since I hooked up the PC to the TV & Receiver. It's nice playing a few games on the big screen in 1920x1080 or 1280x720 :p

EDIT: for sizing purpose
    Click me

20. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    can't you fix that pic so it doesn't stretch the thread way out like that?
    So how does it sound connected to your HT?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.