Auzentech X-Purity/X-Meridian Specs

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    thanks...will give it a read.

Edit: Read it...didn't really say much but it was all positive reviews...I like how compared to a Creative card it didn't take any hit on 3DMark...so much for being a hog.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2006
  2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I added the link to the first post.

3. Spezzy

Spezzy Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GTX 256 525/1400
    Like I said before, I do parties or anything that needs background music.

The speakers I had before weren't cuttin it. :)

4. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    okay before all my real "testing & using" of the X-Meridian have been on my Grado SR80s headphones. I was impressed by the sound quality but the DSPs just weren't cutting it. Well fast-forward now and I just started tweaking/playing with the X-Meridian on my 5.1 receiver and :eek: It's just SICK...especially that Flex-Bass. Granted I have that capability on the sub itself I don't have it on the recceiver and just by playing with the slider I like how the bass just drowns right out of the main speakers. Not as muddy and way clearer. Now this is where that Vitrual 7.1 DSP rocks. On headphones it never sounded right (and I guess it shouldn't have since it's only 2 channels right on your ears) but with actual speakers running it....whoa. :cool:

+1 for the X-Meridian. :)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2006

5. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    so x-meridian does like 24/192 digital surround... can x-fi do any kind of digital surround... i have it with optical cable but i aint 100% sure ^^ like 24/96 5.1 for x-fi or so? o_O

6. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
  7. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    now that's what I call a review...very nice :cool:...and especially finally compared to an Xi-Fi. :)

Makes me wonder if I should do an analog 6-ch output now to my receiver (way more clutter/wiring) instead of the digital output. :smoke:

8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    He is incorrect in saying the card is mislabled. If your running 7.1 sound it's labled perfectly. It says in the manual which output to use if your in 5.1 mode. Guess he didn't read the manual. Decent review overall.
    I use analog out and I know I need new speakers now, BUT it sounds better than anything I have heard thus far...
    I think RMAA isn't very useful as he pointed out I did measuremants on the card and they were different then what he got and different then the ones ALG did. SOme measurments were just off, I was getting ~-137.9 SNR db -A Weighted. It seemed for the first 5 tests it was giving wierd results. I think if I try again it would be different. So many thing can influence the measurments. I reinstalled the software and checked over the mixer and the results are a little more consistant I just wanted to hear that it's the best card he's ever heard. We already know.
    Soundcards are really sensitive and simple things could thro the measurments off like soundcard being too close to a GFX card. Possible IRQ issues adding crackling and noise into the stream. They only give you a idea...

9. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    Robscix, if you're getting the Z-5500, you should think once more, now you know that not only me said that the Logitech's digital is inferior than the X-Meridian's analogue. I think that if he used a single recording card, not the loop back test, we will see the X-Meridian will have a higher RMAA result than the X-Fi, or should I test it..?

Edit: I also think he's wrong, the reviewed X-Meridian is not the best sound card, my(or someone else's) X-Meridian is the best sound card, with the upgraded OPAMPs lol.

10. steel_kelly

steel_kelly Active Member

GPU:
    8800gt 512
    i have a a question that was mentioned but wasnt able to be answered in the review, and it is about the Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD capablities?

if this doesnt is there a sound card on planned from any company?

11. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5600XT
    You might want to reconsider that ThinkComputers review,

That means absolutely nothing about how the card performs seeing as there are no sound tests of any kind in 3D Mark 06. Not dinging the card but the reviewer.

How much weight can you give a review where they run a test that has no bearing on how the card performs?

P.S. Been sort of mostly following this thread along, but have gotten lost along the way and don't remember how many posting in it have gone from an X-Fi to the Meridian, and how the card works in games (preferably games that support/use OpenAL). that and too lazy to go back through all 58 pages to try and find them. :p

I have seen a few in here comparing the card to an Audigy or onboard, but come on guys, the card was made/designed to compete with the X-Fi not the older cards.

12. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I don't want Z-5500's I have other plans for my speakers. I never did say I was getting Z-5500's so I am not sure why you posted that. I think RMAA is useless as if three different people are getting different results then they aren't good for anything besides ball park figures.
    @Stormy, don't really understand what you mean. Did you not read the Guru3D review?
    I posted a link in the first post for people looking.

13. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    i get with RMAA Dynamic Range, dBA 133 in 96KHz 24-bit, noise level whatever as -141dBA, frequency response was +0.03/-0.00, THD % 0.0000, IMD + Noise, % 0.0002, crosstalk -136dBA, and that last thing was 0.0000 hell i dont even know what those mean but its like first test gave around

96dBA for all, THD % 0.0006, IMD + Noise, % 0.0064, and the last thing was 0.0068... just stupid -.- so tell me what these mean anyhow :)

14. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5600XT
    Yes I did. This is the review I am referring to,

http://www.thinkcomputers.org/index.php?x=reviews&id=532&page=4

on the last page, which you also added to the opening post.

15. NaTez

NaTez Member

16. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    @Stormy, I see you don't like that review? I think a review helps if your looking for a general idea of what to expect from a device. Everybody approches reviews from a different point. What do you think of the Guru3D review Stormy?

17. Brann Mitchell

Brann Mitchell Member Guru

GPU:
    Ah, the sweet spot.
    You guys are nuts. But, thanks a lot for reading.

The first thing is RMAA: it is a pain to get working correctly. I have no doubt that the RMAA numbers provided in the review are accurate, though. What some of you are seeing is the internal mixer's loopback, which is done in the digital domain at the the 32 bit/192KHz level.

Thanks,
    Brann Mitchell
    Asst. Ed. / guru3d.com

Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
  18. anthony

anthony Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6600GT top <- Smoken fast
    that was a good review. now people have a good comparison of the X-M and the x-fi.

i think i made a good choice :)

19. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I was in no way doubting your accuracy Brann. What I was saying is RMAA is a tricky program sometimes and it is easy to get skewed results. Thx for the review.

20. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5600XT
    The Guru3d review is just fine. It also still says to me at this point and time that if you are looking for a card and gaming is the main use, then to still get an X-Fi. If movies/music/HTPC is your thing, then the X-Meridian is the way to go.

And my point about that ThinkComputers review is that everything he has to say basically goes out the window once he starts using 3D Mark 06 for a comparison of the two cards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.