Auzentech X-Purity/X-Meridian Specs

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DXX

DXX Master Guru

GPU:
    HD5850CF
    Because they all are scared to show people how X-M are eating their X-fi in term of sound quality:finger: .They only get Eax to fight with X-M and i know it is not enough to hold X-M.I tested both and in my opinion X-M is far better that X-fi believe me.Now i only want one thing is the OpenAl support for my X-M.

2. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    I think that the Guru3D's review is coming soon because if you read the X-Plosion review, there are links to related articles and one of the link is the an article about the X-Meridian but clicking the link will take you to a page with: This article is not available to the public at this time.

It's amazing to know what Auzentech can do with a C-Media chip, if they can get their hand on something more powerful...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
  3. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    They took the chip and custom designed the support circuitry. This is why it is not even close to other 8788 based cards out there. You can put most of them side by side and they look like they came out of a cookie cutter the only one that is different is the X-Meridian. @Alg, As far as I know there is no way to do what you want. Get your self a splitter. AS for the review from Guru3D it should be along anyday now. I really mean ANY DAY now...

4. anthony

anthony Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6600GT top <- Smoken fast
    i think they recieved the sample about 2 weeks ago. and if they are doing a a proper review i think they need at least 3 weeks of using the card every day.

@ROBSCIX

yea plz give me the name and number. ive gotten my teacher to give me some electronic sources but i still have to check if they have the opa2134

5. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    true thanks man.

As for seeing you on another board...well I remember a ROB guy touting similiar stories & claims...but I couldn't remember where as I just google searched the Meridian and checked almost every page I could. :p

Card should come Thursday according to Newegg and I'm getting $45 (hey it's something) for my Audigy2 ZS...I can't' wait. :)

BTW, I tried foobar2000 for the first time and got a Dolby Headphone DSP plug-in working. How similar is this in sound for MP3s as what the Meridian does? I've toyed with DH before in PowerDVD on DVDs but never on MP3s. I didn't notice much of a difference and some of it wasn't too "impressive." Different...yes. Wow-factor...no not really.

Anyone have any thoughts/reviews on Dolby Headphone technology on this card?

Lastly, how bad is UT2K4 with this card? I saw a few comments about it but is it "that awful?" I rarely game but when I do it's UT 2004, GTR2, and perhaps an EA Sports game here and there.

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    As far as the review goes, I am pretty sure they got their card right around the same time we got ours..The Dolby Headphone technology is pretty cool. if it can make something sound like it's behind you it's very good in my book. Youcan also use other technologies with it. So you can use Pro Logic IIx to upmix a stereo track to surround and use DOlby headphones to simulate suround over headphones. Or the 7.1 speaker shifter etc. I was playing COD2 last night and I used it and I could tell where everybody was..

7. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    Nosferatu,
    GTR2, NFS Carbon, GRAW, Oblivion, CS work on my system without any problem.

Guys,
    Where did you get your X-Meridian from? Newegg or Auzentech's store? I didn't see many customer's reviews at Newegg. BTW A nice thread regarding HT receivers.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2006
  8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    The GURU3D review will be released by the end of next week at the latest. They are having sort of a Christmas special where they will be releasing quite a few reviews at the same time. This is all I know. So we should have it soon.

9. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    I think that end of next week is too late for a Christmas special, would you buy something online by the end of next week for Christmas? If you can buy the XM7.1 in most retail stores, it wouldn't be a problem.

10. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    The review, they will be releasing a bunch of reviews at the same time...
    On a side note, the X-Tension board Auzen is offereing contains a digital DIN plug that contains 8 channels of discrete PCM output. Could this be for HDMI? such as:
    HDMI 1.1
    - Provides up to 8 (7.1) channels of lossless uncompressed PCM audio.
    - Provides all pre-HDMI Dolby and DTS formats (5.1/6.1).
    - Provides DVD-Audio streaming as PCM.

HDMI 1.2
    - Adds SACD streaming as proprietary DSD format.

HDMI 1.3
    - Adds up to 8 (7.1) channels of post-HDMI Dolby and DTS formats (TrueHD, etc.).

Just a thought.

11. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    HDMI and DIN plug is different but I think that you can make a converter for it. Some software player will block 192/24 output through SPDIF but I think that with the X-Tension board you will don't need to set the output to SPDIF.

12. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I understand the plugs would be different. I am just saying perhaps this is something the X-Tension board can be used for.

13. jsv004

jsv004 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    Tell me, I know that the soundcard doesn't seem to have a straight Optical output on board like the Xplosion or Xmystique, I'm going to purchase the x-meridian soon, and it seems to include an optical cable which you'll be able to connect through Toslink-to-mini optical adapter, since I'm not a sound tech freak :p , by using that adapter wouldn't that diminish digital sound quality? Why doesn't it have a straight optical output like it's predecessors or does Xmeridian's outputs are the same or better than a straight optical output? I'm not a sound tech therefor I have questions :p.

14. CAGrayWolf

CAGrayWolf New Member

GPU:
    Asus EN7600GS 512mb DDR2
    Ooops ... forgot to mention that I did go grab the latest drivers after I installed the software that came with the card. This is standard practice for me anyway.

I haven't tried this yet. Actually, forgot about this option. Will give it a try tonight when I jump back into Quake.

Yea, sorry. That's what I meant. Anyway, when I use this feature I get a lot of reverb which doesn't sound all that great with many games. I'm still learning and experimenting with the settings.

I bought mine through TigerDirect. Paid $191.98 with 3 day shipping. Was the best deal I could find.

OK, now for the noobie question. What exactly is an OPAMP and is this something I specifically need? I'm more of a hard-core gamer and I don't play any instruments or do all that much recording of any kind. So far I have been quite happy with using my FPA jacks for headphones, as the volume is actually perfect using the volume control on my headphone set. Any loader would hurt.

15. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    The OPAMP is a little chip that contains in this case two OPerational AMPlifiers(where it gets its name). They have been made replacable on the XM7.1 so you can add better quality ones and get better sound quality. If you have noticed though the XM7.1 sound freakin' amazing as it is. Something to consider though.
    @JVS004, no it won't degrade signal quality. The included cable seems like it is a very good cable. If you have ever priced out a optical Toslink cable you know how pricy they are. I am not using digital as of yet.
    AS for Prologic sounding reverb-EY try changing the settings I would think it depends on what material your playing...

16. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Random rant @ UPS...

I'd have this card right now if they weren't so retarded.

Package arrived in my city and is unloaded.

I call and go hey can I pick this up now I'll be out all day tomorrow? Their response was no because I paid for 3-day shipping (tomorrow being 3rd day) so I can't take the package until the 3rd day. WTF?

Apparantly I can't pick it up now either because there has to be a 1st attempt made at delivery. Damn them!!! :(

As for Tiger's deal that's not bad....I paid $196 through Newegg but being from Miami (right by Tiger's main warehouse/store) I kind of see how their business operates and I refuse to buy from them (unless they have an unbelivable deal). Good luck returning things with them if you've got a problem.

17. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    Nosferatu,

Lol, can't you just wait for another day? Some of us here wait for weeks if not months(me) to have it. The waiting will make you like the card even more lol and if you haven't read my post on page 51:

18. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    I'm not going to be around all day from 8am to 3pm so I had some legit claim (sort of :) ) Being a med student I'm kept rather busy and out of my apartment.

To be honest I've been hyped about this card quite a while. I was using a sound blaster Live! (not even the 5.1) since 2000 and I probably still would have until it died earlier this year. I actually got it to send Dolby/DTS through its SPDIF so I wasn't complaining much and in no dire urgency to get rid of it.

Anyways I wound up buying the Audigy2 and then my friend the next day introduced me to Auzentech and fell in love with the X-Plosion (or whichever one has DTS connect). I kicked my self up and down for buying the Audigy and being OEM I couldn't return it. So yea I've followed this Meridian for quite some time and since I got a buyer for my Audigy I'm jumping ship.

So in short...I've been waiting a while to get it too...I just had a hard time convincing myself of $200 for a sound card. :cool:

19. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    The first time you listen to the card the expenditure will be justified. Guy's easily drop $2-300 on a video card but will hmm..and haa..over a $100 soundcard I still wonder about this. If you look around the forum you can see all kinds of people with kickin' gaming rigs with SLI or Crossfire and a onboard sound chip and the speakers that came with the keyboard...what a waste. IT's a bout time people start investing a little in the audio subsystem. IT is so important when playing games and watching movies and/or listening to music. You will enjoy the card trust me. I had a Audigy 2 before I got the XM7.1 and I will never go back....

20. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    true I agree. I'm a bit of a sound nut.

I run a Denon 5.1 AV receiver with JBL Speakers (I am on a budget :( ) and a nice Infinity sub.

For the headphones I went overboard with a pair of Grado SR-80s. If you're any fan of using headphones I strongly recommend these as the best for their money. Senn's are also awesome phones but I'm swore solid on Grados at the moment.

I hope this Meridian lives up to the expectations that I read...I know my headphones did when I got 'em...I had to relisten to all my music again..now coupled with the Meridian...will it be orgasmic? :rock:

As for blowing away an Audigy I'd like to see this. I remember when I first built this rig I thought yay...my onboard has coax/optical outs but man I was so disappointed with the output I had to put my Live! card back in and it was like night & day. No big change though going from the SBLive to the Audigy so...what kind of differences are we seeing? Better separation...better response?? (Comparing the Auzen to Creative's older cards)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.