Auzentech X-Purity/X-Meridian Specs

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coolchris

Coolchris Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 512mb GForce 8800GT
    @ Rob ..Ive heard of it but never used it. Ill give it a shot. Like you I always use Winamp for its great plugins, but Ill try this other player for DTS. Cheers.

Another thought......Have u tried Cyberlink PowerDVD Deluxe for DTS Audio tracks? If I can remember ages ago I think I got it to play DTS audio album I got from Bittorrent. It also has an equaliser etc. Might be worth a shot?

Another edit: Media Player Classic supports DTS I believe?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2006
  2. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    I actually post about the Z-5500 to tell that Logitech has done something to satisfy their customers. If you got a Z-5500 before and experiencing the problem then you can exchange it. If you're buying one then you should get the fixed set.

3. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    About KM Player, It allows you to set for 24 bit and surround sound and allows you to set different filters for different types of audio. Some Winamp DSP also wokrs with it. You can Play DVD and even watch TV. It might not replace Winamp in my system but it's definatley has a place among my players..
    @Rock on, Everything is in the preferences and yes there is Skin support.
    IF you have ever used BS player or Zoom Player this is similar in the way you config filters and such. I set the card for the Auzentech XM7.1 set for 24 bit and 5.1 and everything has been great....

4. DXX

DXX Master Guru

GPU:
    HD5850CF
    I got my X-meridian yesterday and oh!! what a sound card. I never heard this quality of sound on my X-fi fatality.I play games a lot and all my games(BF2,COD2,HL2,GTA:SAN,F.E.A.R,GTW,Prey,Quake 4...etc) sounds so much better than X-fi and i just sell my X-fi.I swear i never use creatives card again.I use Klipsch pro media ultra 5.1 which i think is perfect for X-MX.Now i need to test some song and movie.

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Welcome to the XM7.1 club, Now change your specs! Enjoy. I also swore off Creative cards. I finally have a soundcard that is built to sound good.
    Must sound very nice with those speakers of yours...

6. Coolchris

Coolchris Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 512mb GForce 8800GT
    Nice one! Where u at in the world...please dont say UK as I aint got mine yet. I know I keep harping on about it LOL.

Ps..anyone in the US know Auzentech phone no. as I cant find it on their site or google. Isent in a ticket, but that was 2 weeks ago and they still have not replied. Hmmm..beggining to doubt their support

7. DXX

DXX Master Guru

GPU:
    HD5850CF
    @Coolchris i am from Bangladesh i got my X-M as a gift from my Uncle:smile: .He lives in USA.

8. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    Coolchris, I also haven't got mine yet here in Germany. Have you send an e-mail to the e-store? I have sent one today but still no reply.

9. rockonhard

rockonhard Master Guru

GPU:
    Gecube 9600 pro 128
    DXX, nice setup, been thinking for a long while now actually of selling my speakers and get me a set of Klipsch pro media as well. I think klipsch sounds much better (more complete) than logitech since its got its own tweeters while mine doesn't.

Rob, how did you configure KMP at 24 bit and does mp3 works at that bit rate? One thing I like about this player is its 'treble' function. I think that is so cool since this is the only player that has one that I have seen and used anyway. Now my speakers sounds like its got tweeters. :)

10. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Actually I will open a thread in the main section I don't want to mess this place up even though I am using it with my XM7.1. Look out there.

11. k4t4n4

k4t4n4 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    B
    How is the compatability with games/windows vista etc?

12. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Great, fine. Not sure what you want to hear. Doesn't have EAX support over 2.0 but everybody who has one and plays a game says it sound amazing with games even though there is no EAX over 2.0 because of the pure sound quality. Vista support should be fine.

13. sillysighbean

sillysighbean Member

GPU:
    Ati 1900xtx (Gigabyte)
    just a update on drivers, i went to the c-media site and got the latest drivers released on 11/10, these are the same drivers used for the auzentech, so it would seem as long as you have the oxygen chip the drivers work on all cards!

heres the latest driver number: 5.12.01.0008.17.8

my bluegears is still stable, no crashes in apps or games, no crackle pops!

these 8788 based cards are really uping the anty, superb sound!

14. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Merc
    1 q

does this card support (or will have) openal??

or just can someone check system32 files in search proper library (openal.dll)

my x-fi just make me crazy, so i thinkin about sellin this crap...but need hardware sound acceleration in some openal games..

15. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    On my thread on another forum, a Creative's fanb pushed me so hard about the hardware sound support of the X-Meridian until I need to do some reading, you should know that I really hate reading. After some quick reading in the internet(more than 2hours to be precise) I came out with this:

I'm not an electronical engineer but after a quick reading in the internet I think that I've got a better picture about the DSP thing but I might be wrong.

From what I've read:

The CPU is not doing the sound processing because you just need a DAC if the sound is already digitally processed by the CPU according to wikipedia. All sound cards need to have a DSP to do all the sound processing according to this
    The X-Fi has a powerfull EMU20K1 sound chip because it needs it, the Digital Signal Processing only needs about 11% of the chip capabilities but 70% of the chip capabilities is used for Sample Rate Conversion because its DSP can only work with a 48KHz sample rate according to this. The X-Fi's DSP can also work with 44.1KHz but only in creation mode.
    The old DSP from Audigy 2 also had this problem but it uses an external Sample Rate Converter according to this
    Now I think that the C-Media CMI-8788 Oxygen HD(must be the DSP of the X-Meridian because it doesn't use the AC'97 codec but a much better I2S codec) is a better chip than the EMU20K1. I don't know if the CMI-8788 can work with variable sample rate or it also has an internal SRC because no external SRC is required on the X-Meridian. The CMI-8788 actually has 10-channel 192K/32bit(Auzentech only states 24bit) output, 8-channels are used with analogue and 2-channels with SPDIF. The recording input is also at 192K/32bit. For more info see this datasheet, go to page 9 for a simple diagramm.

Edit: According to the datasheet all the Dolby features are software features, that's why people are getting lower fps only when DD/DTS encoding is turned on.

Creative's EMU20K1 can only do up to 96K/24bit if more than 2 channels are used. The X-Fi came with an onboard RAM because it needs it too

16. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    BTW, The DSP may operate internally at 32/192..which would be awsome. The ADC's and DAC's are 24bit so the card is 24 bit. Make sense?

17. darkpegisus

darkpegisus Member

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 512MB SLI
    Well to get dts-cds or dts-waves to play in any media player, you must have the main volume levels, the wave volume and the player volume set to 100%, then make sure that under the REC. in the mixer that all the monitoring is turned off, then make sure that the flexbass is turned off and that the analog output is set to 2 speakers and the s/pdif output is set to digital audio 44.1khz. Doing this it play all my dts audio in any player including windows media player.

18. Coolchris

Coolchris Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 512mb GForce 8800GT
    Yup..actually sent one on 31 October..LOL...still no reply. I am disappointed with their customer service ...at least to me personally. Maybe they are just snowed under with this new release?

19. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    @Dark, Should be that easy but for some reason I couldn't them to play in Winamp. I could but there was static in the mix. I got them to play using VLC and this KM player. I am using analog speakers. Anyway I am getting everything I want out of the KM player..
    allows me to set what filters I want to what kinds of audio. For instance last nigth I watched a Star Wars episode and configured it so the AC3 track would connect up to AC3 filter. This way I can set all my levels properly and such. I could also set it to use PowerDVD filters or WinDVD filters. Givent this fact I think it's great for use with the XM7.1 as you can get really good sound out of it for movies and music...
    I have to say though it still just amazes me at the sound quality of this card during DVD movie playback the surround imaging is outstanding...

Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  20. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    Before this when I send an e-mail, they will reply as soon as possible but now I'm not getting any reply from them. Anyone in europe has got it with USPS Global priority mail?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.