Auzentech X-Purity/X-Meridian Specs

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Cool, so your system should just be singing correct? I would think you have it hooked up with a digital connection. If you remember when the X-fi was released there wan't this much fanfare then. I have the house to myself when I get mine I won't to be able to test and properly check out the card when I get it. Thx for your info..

2. darkpegisus

darkpegisus Member

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 512MB SLI
    The system sound realy good. Yes I have it hooked up with a Fiberoptic cable. Haven't tried the analog conection yet but i will hook it the up when i get around to that. I'm sure the analog conection will sound better then the X-Fi. Alot of the fanfare on the X-Fi was from Creative then selves.

3. rockonhard

rockonhard Master Guru

GPU:
    Gecube 9600 pro 128
    @Tenkanisk
    Yes, played and finished all the games you mentioned, even played the latest Leisure Suit Larry and Harry Potter games (sheesh, adventure games must be tight these days for me to play Harry Potter). I googled Alan Wake and it looks awesome, only problem is, looks like the requirements just to play this game is gonna be awesome too :(

I emailed a distributor (X-MX) which is based in Hongkong and they said they have to find out how much its going to cost including freight charges. I hope it won't cost me an arm and a leg just to get my beloved X-MX.

4. Tenkanisk

Tenkanisk Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon Sapphire X1900gt
    darkpegisus: nice sound system, hope you are having fun with the card.

rockonhard: Why not just get a friend in the states to pick it up for you and mail it out? Might cost less than having some distributor get it shipped.
    Don't worry about the harry potter games I have played them too, they are actually pretty well made for movie games. fahrenheit game me a headache but was pretty fun, the sex scenes and of course the apartment falling apart were the best part of it.

http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?...=release&dlx_type=all&sortdir=asc&sortdir=asc
    http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?...&type=games&mode=all&sort=release&sortdir=asc

These lists have the release dates for later on adventure games and action adventure games.

5. Spezzy

Spezzy Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GTX 256 525/1400
    That is a nice system. I read the RTi series requires some serious power to get their max potential. How do yours sound? I was considering the RTi10s,12s or DCM TFE200s. My system needs to be upgraded. Might be selling my entire setup except for the reciever sometime soon.

6. rockonhard

rockonhard Master Guru

GPU:
    Gecube 9600 pro 128
    heh heh, I love those scenes as well. Overall, Fahrenheit ( it has a great cinematic feel to it) is one of the best adventure games I have played recently. Longest Journey 1 and 2 were also great. Thanks for the links, I will check them out and will probably grab all of 'em soon as they come out.

I will try and contact my relatives in the US, been a long time since I spoke to them (20+ years) and see if they'd be kind enough to send me one. Here's hoping....

BTW, are any of you guys from Australia? D'you know if X-MX is available there?

7. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    We will have to wait a good while I would say before it turns up here in reasonable quantities. None of the good e-tailers I use have them yet. Just hold in there buddy.

8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I have never played Harry Potter "Flipendo!"..I bought them for nieces and end up playing them myself for a few days. Not to bad as far as adventure games go.
    You guys is the further corners of the world might have to wait for awhile as nutyo said. It may take ahwile for them to become available everywhere...
    @ Rock I would just see what they want to get you one. You may be better off getting a relative to send you one.

9. rockonhard

rockonhard Master Guru

GPU:
    Gecube 9600 pro 128
    Rob, just received an email from a distributor and its gonna cost me quite a bit for them to send it my way. The cost would be USD199 + USD38 = USD237 and this is a lot in my part of the world. So I may have to wait longer after all or just might get the Bluegears b-Enspirer sound card, not sure, have to mull it over :(

10. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Well Rock, I would say wait. You know what PC parts are like. they come out and they are costly and the price drops. I think the X-meridian is a great deal considering what a reciever would cost that has these functions. Be patient maybe we can figure out a way to get one sent to you.

11. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Side Note : this Thread has went up by ~500 Post from lunch yesterday until luchtime today. People are really interested in these cards.

12. Tenkanisk

Tenkanisk Master Guru

GPU:
    238 USD doesn't seem so bad to me. Being the card is 200 already and 38$ for shipping may be a little steep for a small item. Talk someone into making it your christmas gift?

13. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    May be expensive to him when you consider currency conversion..possibly?

14. Tenkanisk

Tenkanisk Master Guru

GPU:
    Very true. I forgot about conversion and any extras they may plop on.

15. FNK

FNK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTR 480 XXX
    Any review of the card anywhere?

16. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5600XT
    UPS show up yet Rob?

17. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    tommorow is my date. Not sure what time. Then we got install and config. Thn I can come back and give some info abou tthem if they want. Guru3D has theirs so I am not sure how long it takes to do a review..Soon as I have it in my hands I will let the forum know..

18. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5600XT
    You going to be like a little kid with your nose plastered to the window watching for the truck? :grin:

19. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yeah, I have the house to myself. I set aside a bunch of music and a few DVD's I got some DTS media and a have a few games in mind. It's been quite awhileso I will enjoy putting the card through it's paces. Any tests you would like me to run?

20. Atomic Wasp

Atomic Wasp Member

GPU:
    2x MSI GF-7600GS 256Mb SLI
    I've got BTs new CD & DVD album This Binary Universe to play when mine arrives. The DVD is mixed in full DTS 5.1 48k 24bit. It should sound superb, the stereo CD is great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.