Auzentech X-Purity/X-Meridian Specs

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    I'm confused, why people buy a sound card that will give a better frame rate? It's a sound card not a graphic card. In the age of dual cores CPU and SLi/Crossfire I don't think that the frame rate will be affected much.

2. rockonhard

rockonhard Master Guru

GPU:
    Gecube 9600 pro 128
    @alg7_munif

Heh heh, you're a real kewl guy alg7, another good obvious point you made that some people seem to have missed. Though others would disagree with you for sure.

Hey Rob, pls make sure you do an in-depth post come Tues or the day after will do. :)

@Tenkanisk
    I followed the link you posted, but I already know those games since I've already played and finished most of them for a long time now. What I am looking for now is a new ground breaking adventure game like Farenheit aka Indigo Prophecy. I really would like to see a big resurgence of adventure games just like with role playing games.

BTW, don't knock us oldies, at least we can say that we were right there at the birth of modern technologies. ;)

3. Spezzy

Spezzy Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GTX 256 525/1400
    I agree wholeheartedly with you. No sarcasm. Bose just works better for a lot of people, mainly people that have a smaller area.

4. rockonhard

rockonhard Master Guru

GPU:
    Gecube 9600 pro 128
    Spezzy, my house occupies a 500 sq. mtr land and my BOSE can fill the whole area with no prob. I just like the 3d soundscape that it creates, I'd swear I feel like I'm in the movie that I'm watching.

5. NaTez

NaTez Member

I'm amused. I wrote above that the soundcard must be compared.

More expenditure in analog components is justified even if these result actually into a noticeably better signal quality. We need a Test.
    The X-Meridian 4 times more expensiv, than the Club3D THDTS.

Differences are to be found thereby only in the analog output/recording quality. One of the most important conditions of the similar expenditure is also still absolutely alike, the DAC. However cent values components and a new voltage power philosophy differ now.
    Whether at all to a better result can lead these differences still none to say, because it was not tested yet.

In your argumentation. Where are the advantages (for 4 times price) for the user of the X-Meridian would like DTSi/DDL Encoding to use?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2006
  6. Coolchris

Coolchris Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 512mb GForce 8800GT
    :nerd: :peeleft:

7. Atomic Wasp

Atomic Wasp Member

GPU:
    2x MSI GF-7600GS 256Mb SLI
    My X-Meridian has shipped. :)

8. Tenkanisk

Tenkanisk Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon Sapphire X1900gt
    Atomicwasp: have fun with it.

darkpegisus: damn man you must be picky about monitors. What monitor are you using that is so great compared to the other models you have returned?

Natez: Why don't you do the comparisson? I doubt any of us here have something around $600 to put your mind at ease, so you can do it for us and tell us how it went.

rockonhard: Didn't the newest myst, longest journey 2, indigo prophecy (fahrenhei), and a few others come out lately? I think alan wake (dx10) will be the first adventure game for that era. I forgot the rest of the ones I know that have come out, can always play leisure suit larry or harry potter games too haha.

I guess I can see someone worried about fps with a soundcard if they were still running a system like mine and the newest games. Having to set everything to lowest quality and hoping it runs better than a slideshow. Losing another 10 fps would be death, but that is why the newer items are for more powerful systems and are better to run alongside the rest of the newer technology. Unless you want to throw your x-meridian into a p1 and see how that things flies through F.E.A.R. I vote you use a voodoo 3 graphics card.

Yeah us 20 something year olds were just born on the same day as the technology and we have to run to catch up, but you guys bought it with your salary on the day it came out and were going full steam ahead.

9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    @alg7, Your correct alot of people worry about the wrong things because they are conditioned to think of a soundcard in terms of gaming and what it will do for their gaming. I game but I personally couldn't care less. I love good sounds in my games but don't let that choose what I buy. I don't think it so much of adding FPS but making sure the card doesn't take away fps -this is how guys view it. In all actuality though if the card provides the best sound quality then where does gaming come into it? People have been stuck with Creative cards for so long they forget what is important.
    @Tenk, yeah I am one of those guys. I remember it all...

OT, this thread is approaching 20,000 Views, I have been tracking it and it usually goes up by 50-60 views a day. People are really interested in these cards.

@Atomic, when is your date of arrival? I feel like a kid waiting for christmas..

BTW, I am having stickers made of the cards audio badges..the different standards it supports. then I will cut them into smaller stickers and possibly put some of the nicer ones on my new case with style...it's a idea anyway.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2006
  10. kyselym

kyselym Member

GPU:
    FX5500
    hi all I was away for a while and here is many new posts and don't want to go through all. Do you know if there is any review on x-meridian?

11. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Not yet, one guy from the forum has his card as he is in California. says sounds 100 times better than his X-fi Fatal1ty..etc. Said it even sounds better in a game he tried, That's his quick take on the card. Guru3D has received their sample and it's being reviewed as we speak. Some others will be getting their cards next week.

12. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    Last time I checked we were all waiting for one. :) there is a full review coming for the Guru3D main page and some other guys have one in mind when they get theirs.

13. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Well I will give people my honest opinion. I seriously don't hink I will be dissapointed. I am moving from awell tuned and setup A2 to a X-Meridian..so we shall see & Hear....so X-M is satelite radio so it has to be X-MX (X-meridian shorthand)

14. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    To be honest, I actually hate the X- name thing. When I googled for XMeridian I got different results as what I got if I searched for X-Meridian.

15. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Hey alg, fill out your spec's so is you ask for help people knwo what they are dealing with.

16. darkpegisus

darkpegisus Member

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 512MB SLI
    ROBSCIX, there are only for replacable opamp and the part #'s are S458OP-612G.

Anything else you need off the card befor I put it back in my system?

17. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    No, that's fine. Since your here. IS it worth the money to you? is it better than your X-fi? WOUld you prefer thisd to X-fi for games and music and movies? THX btw, I wanted to run them by a buddy of mine and see what he says. You are correct in this design there are four. 7.1 is 8 channels the opamps are 8 Pin Dual Dips they contain 2 Opamps each.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2006
  18. darkpegisus

darkpegisus Member

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 512MB SLI
    Yes it is worth the money. Yes I would you prefer this to X-fi hands down. In F.E.A.R. and Half-Life there are lots of sounds that I never noticed befor, it seems more clearer then it did with any of the Creative cards I had over the years. The in game music, sound fx and voice are mixed to gether than the Creative cards. The X-Meridian is an much better card the X-Fi ever was in my opinion.

19. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I only have a few more days, quite a few guys are waiting aswell and are dying for feedback (me too) as you got your card first out of us...what are you using for speakers? did you try the Dolby Headphone yet?

20. darkpegisus

darkpegisus Member

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 512MB SLI
    I have a Pioneer VSX-1015TX receiver Polk Audio speakers, RTi6 in the front, RTi4 in the back and CSi3 for the center. Haven't try the Dolby Headphone yet since my headphone realy suck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.