Auzentech X-Meridian Discussion Thread Part 2

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by WildStyle, Jan 22, 2007.

1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    For pure sound quality a X-Meridian is better then a X-fi. Especially with new Opamps. That being said alot of people like EAX in their gaming so it can be argued the X-fi does sound better for games if EAX/openAL is taken into account.

2. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    saying "sounds better" would be incorrect....better positional audio w/EAX (perhaps) but for sound quality (how good things sound with music, movies, and games) it's the X-Meridian hands down

3. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I know, I just didn't want to get into a subjective argument where people are unsure of what quality is or isn't.

4. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Yea thats the sad thing about it. if we mention liking it without it, it offends some one as like we talked about their mothers or something . And they stomp there feets getting ready to start a fight over diffent views.

I seen alot of that at other places kind of ruin the threads and what not.

5. Spirit02

Spirit02 Guest

GPU:
    6800XT/16GB
    Gold. Pure gold.

Beautifully put mate :)

Hilarious too :D

6. Spirit02

Spirit02 Guest

GPU:
    6800XT/16GB
  7. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    Nice, eventhough the card has been discontinued, they still update the driver. I'm also don't have my XM with me so can't try the driver yet. I didn't listen to my XM one month already since I went home in Asia during holiday and I left my card in Europe, I really miss my card.

8. Gamergod

Gamergod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512mb

Unless it gives me openal support for games, the x-meridian can kiss my arse. It has to be my single worst purchase ever. It is utterly crippled in vista, what a pos! :puke3:

9. anthony

anthony Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6600GT top <- Smoken fast
    anyways has anyone seen a change log yet?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  10. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    forget the new driver....under XP if I don't have a 6 channel source it just plays the FL & FR channels only even with the 7.1 upmix on (no center, rears, or sub out). Ugh...back to old driver. Just a word to the wise...anyone want to see if they can duplicate these results?

11. anthony

anthony Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6600GT top <- Smoken fast
    i have the same issue

12. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    plus it was a HUGE pain in the ass to remove the new driver (at least for me). I'm fine again now on the old driver :cool:

13. Coolchris

Coolchris Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 512mb GForce 8800GT
    Works great in Vista 32. Mixer now available. Dunno what Gamergod has a beef about, cause it works perfect in Vista on my system...sorry but thats my experience.

14. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    care to elaborate on "full mixer" in Vista? I haven't played with it much on Vista.

15. Gamergod

Gamergod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512mb
    You don't get 5.1 sound in most of your games. Why is that meridian users insist on bull****ting?

Here are the games I have installed

[​IMG]

Only 3 of those work in 5.1:

Company of Heroes
    Test Drive Unlimited
    Outrun 2006

So please, stop the bull****!

16. Coolchris

Coolchris Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 512mb GForce 8800GT
    Who the **** is bull****ting Pal? Did I mention 5.1 surround in Games? Did you originally mention that 5.1 in Games was your problem? Answer to both: NO.
    I dont think the Meridian was made exclusively for gaming; thus only limited EAX support, unlike the Prelude or Xfi.

On my system the new drivers work great.
    To answer Nos's question. Mixer tab is now available in the Xear 3D whereas the other drivers for Vista did not have this.

17. Gamergod

Gamergod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512mb

If a 7.1 soundcard produces 2 channel sound, then it is not working fine is it? Therefore you are bull****ting as you have not tested it properly.

18. Coolchris

Coolchris Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 512mb GForce 8800GT
    Bollocks mate. I have a 7.1 reciever..Onkyo 605...and have used the 7.1 surround test in the Vista sound settings. Each speaker as indicated comes out properly. So..dont tell me I have not tested my own system! If you cannot get YOUR system to work, dont assume that eveyone else's system is as fooked up as yours!!

If you do these tests and get sound out of all your speakers, then its the games isnt it?

19. Gamergod

Gamergod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512mb
    GAMES, is what I am talking about. I can easily test 7.1 in the sound settings and it does indeed work. However the removal of HAL means that games end up in a psuedo surround sound. It is not a true surround sound

read here http://home.nestor.minsk.by/game/news/2007/02/1903.html

The majority of newer games use openal, therefore I will get surround sound in games with an x-fi. It is the lack of openal support that is crippling the meridian.

20. Coolchris

Coolchris Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 512mb GForce 8800GT
    Like I said..the Meridian aint a dedicated Games card. It was never intended to be. It seems you made the wrong purchase. You probably need the Prelude or Xfi..whatever.

Originally you blamed the drivers..thats why I defended them. Now you finally admit that its the Gaming end of the stick. You did not mention this whatsoever originally, only after this silly banter that you seem to have altered your perspective.
    Anyway, enough of this guff. Hope you get whatever you want sorted. Playing word ping pong aint gonna help!