Auzentech X-Meridian and game support

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Per Hansson, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Per Hansson

Per Hansson Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 8800GTS G92
    I have already tried with my Audigy2, sure, I get 5.1 sound but there are other issues, see my first post.

If I use dolby prologic I only get a stereo upmix, I'm using Dolby Digital Live, same thing, only get stereo upmix... No true 5.1 sound as from the Audigy2...

If I connect the Audigy2 via optical to the X-Meridian I will only get Stereo, and the issue is that I'm only getting Stereo from the X-Meridian on it's own so I wont gain anything from that... (well maybe the reverb issue will be solved but then I can just aswell run with both soundcards and only use the Audigy2 for WoW...)

2. Donnie27

Donnie27 Banned

GPU:
    ATI X1800XT
    http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1030468120&postcount=9

Or do you mean this question?
    No software is perfect and if you think the one you love is, you're fooling yourself. The guy fixed his minor problem. As I said, I was busy. Actually disproving other BS!

It is very funny how folks can wrongly claim something and then others become Fanboys because they disagree with them. Now, just becaue it's my opinion, doesn't make it right. If it were my opinion that the world is flat and I said everyone not agreeing is studpid, are they really stupid?

Example-->
    So that automatically Paints anyone disagreeing with them as Creative Labs or X-Fi Fanboys. We (mine and my friend's friends) have tested this and 19 out of twenty folks agreed X-FI sounded better than All of the CMedia based cards for Games and was only out done during music playback by the XMeridian. Audigy 2 ZS gave the others a run for the money Music playback wise with everyone splitting right down the middle.

3. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    @Donnie27 DON'T TURN THIS INTO A X-MERIDIAN VS. X-FI THREAD!

@Per, Yes you will only get Stereo but you will have full effects if that is what your after. It will also sound better becasue the ouput section is the X-Meridian. You can use Dolby Headphone which is freakin' great in my opinion or you can upmix it.
    This issu of stero is being worked on as we speak.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  4. Donnie27

Donnie27 Banned

GPU:
    ATI X1800XT
    Don't worry I'm through!

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    @Per, have you considered swapping out the amps? Since I swapped out mine I find everythings better. Bullets seems to have a bright "crack" they didn't have before. Music is amazing, well it always was. I highly recommend it.

6. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI XC Ultra
    Too bad I cant change the Oamps on my card, Sounds like your enjoying those Oamps.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  7. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    How are you enjoying the Razor?
    Yeah, actually what I enjoy the most is that you can change them. They are a improvement over stock but I tried three types and the differences between those are very subtle what changes is the "color" if that makes any sense. So the user can really custom tune the card for the sound the like.

8. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI XC Ultra
    So far I love the razer :D . Been messing with the settings and found a setting that make my headset sound even better. So I dont really have to use bass control as I though.

I just turn the speakers to 7.1 in the control panel and then 7.1 in my games. And my headsets sound even better for some odd reason.

I am temped to take the home theather speakers from the other room and plugged them up. But it gonna be hard getting them, because some one decided to put a 2x4 up where one of the speaker wires was localed.

9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    May add sometype of imagin that isnt' available in other modes. It is very cool we are finally getting some great soundcards that aren't from Creative!

10. Spezzy

Spezzy Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GTX 256 525/1400
    Hey rob which opamps did you get? I've been enjoying my card very well in games and music (like right now :)) but are there some opamps that could improve digital quality or are the stock ones the best I could get? How would I remove the stock ones?

11. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    You don't need the OPAMPs for digital output

12. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    The opamps only affect the analog outs. Since you ask I am using 2107's -for now.

13. Spezzy

Spezzy Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GTX 256 525/1400
    Oh ok lol.

14. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    You can test alot of different amps I find they just ahve different "colors" and all sound good just different or the ones I tested showed this anyway. I will be posting a review of 3 different OPamps I tried..
    the 2134's
    the 2227's
    the 2107's

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  15. Cornelius

Cornelius Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 770 2GB
    deleted.

16. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    @Corn, I hear ya! we know whats what. they have along way to go yet.

17. Cornelius

Cornelius Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 770 2GB
    After posting, I realized that I wouldn't be helping. I would be instigating more flamewar (doh).

18. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    You know even if you delete it, the people who are following the thread still get the message in the email right? so the info still goes out.
    your right.

19. Per Hansson

Per Hansson Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 8800GTS G92
    Sorry for not replying, had a storm in Sweden, did not have any power since Sunday :/

Anyway, @ ROBSCIX, I'm not gonna swap out the op-amps since I can only get 4.0 with my DTT3500 speakers (it does not have analog in for Sub/Center)

Might mod it (have the components) or just buy a pair of better speakers... Have not decided yet... But I also need 22x 12v 7.2aH batteries for my UPS :D

20. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    4.0 or 5.1 it would still improve the sound. I knw it;s not a big deal though as the card sound very nice right out of the box.