Auzentech X-fi Forte 7.1 Soundcard review [Guru3D.com]

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    Can you clarify a bit. XM is much better quality than either I mentioned? I only mentioned the Xtreme Gamer? What opamps? Everything is soldered on it...

2. PanzerIV

PanzerIV Active Member

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX570 @ 860
    Ya something is very misleading here. If I really read that Creative's XtremeMusic is of much better sound quality than Auzentech's Prelude/Forte then my face will prolly turn into :3eyes: x10

3. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080M
    Holy thread resurrection indeed, but back to topic:
    You may try putting your X-Fi farther from the graphics card. It may or may not help, but it's worth trying. Extra power filters may help too.

Just now I'm waiting for my Xonar D2X to be shipped, but I had an interesting experience with my on-board X-Fi (SoundMax). Basically, the quality of normal outputs is pretty good, but when I use extra cables to connect it to "HD Audio" front panel, it's really bad. Using front panel connectors, I can hear everything in my computer; then unplug headphones, plug directly to the card and it works ok. Maybe you have something similar, or your Forte is damaged.

4. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    No i had the same thing with my Forte the problem is that the card itself is not shielded etc. So when ur GFX is working hard you can hear that ... What you need to do is wrap some tape etc on the PCI bracket so that ur card is not ''connected'' to ur case

Did it myself and no more buzzzzzzzzz or sqeeeeeeeeeeekk :)

5. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080M
    Duct tape mod, lol :D
    It's hard to believe that with so advanced design they just forgot about decoupling it from case.

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    You said "Well the closest thing to the Xtreme Music still around is the Xtreme Gamer"

You mentioned two different cards in which the XM is still much better quality. -I thought you were talking about a XM-> Auzen X-Meridian.

Here you said "so I doubt I would be able to get much for the XM card. Whenever I get a new sound card I'll likely give this one to a friend"

My mistake, the term "XM" is usually used to denote the Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1.
    I though you were mentioing that card. As to what the X-Music go for, I see those around for about $40.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010