Auzentech Prelude Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by davaid, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega56 8GB
    Turning on the lights on and off doesn't solve it. I really hope its a driver issue. :)

2. Rathbone

Rathbone Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix RTX2070
    I have this problem since I moved to Vista 64 Ultimate and installed the new drivers. Didn't happen with Vista 32 Home Premium and the old drivers.

3. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    the bug maybe related to Vista 64 then. Keitosha has Vista 64 too.

4. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    I dont have your problem with the sound mapping Rathbone And I using Vista 64.

5. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I had it and got rid of it with that light switch thing, using Vista x64 also. It shouldn't be a driver problem.

6. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    the Prelude has caused me a case of upgraditis. now I'm planning to go for better speakers for music playback. I'm looking at M-Audio Studiophile BX8a. it looks pretty nice on paper. its rated frequency is 44Hz-24kHz so my guess is I won't miss the sub in the Z-5500. I'll be keeping my Z-5500 for movies and games. a friend of my mine has a pair, so I might get a taste of them this weekend.

7. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    What about a receiver and 5.1 system? I am not sure where you are BUT Onkyo has a receiver and 5.1 speakers system for $189!!
    The studiophiles are studio monitors IIRC, they might not give you the type of sound your looking for. If you can audition a set before buying them make sure they perform as you want that is perfect. Let me know what you decide on Xan.

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  8. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    and what's the model, so I can look for it in stores? in this country there's not much to get but I might have luck. anyways, I'm giving the studiophile set a test this weekend. a friend of mine has a sound studio and I'll drop by.

9. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega56 8GB
    I've installed the newest updated drivers (from the 29st of april), installed Winamp 5.531 + AudioBurst (Power)FX and i've listened for 3 hours to some music now and now i didn't had any problems. Sounds promising.

10. Tinuva

Tinuva Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForceā„¢ 8800 GTS Fat
    Heh I had this problem when I originally got my Aureal Vortex 2 in 1998. Currently I am forcing myself to upgrade to the Auzen Prelude because I have good sound system but I need a newer sound card to go with it. Then again I found that sound pretty much the same using the digital output, however with earphones/headset it still helps to have a card with good onboard DACs.

11. Wateri

Wateri Member

GPU:
    LeadTek GTX280
    Grr, My audio continues to distort under heavy disk activity (especially file copying) with the latest driver. I am out of idea to solve this :wanker:

12. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    do you have the chance to test the soundcard in another system and see if the problems persists?

13. Wateri

Wateri Member

GPU:
    LeadTek GTX280
    I dual-boot Windows xp and Vista. There was not a problem under xp.

14. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    You try using AHCI mode for your Sata hard drives? actual it would be too late to try it since you already have windows on. Unless you read some guide to using it with it already installed.

15. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    guys I bought the Prelude :D

It was only like $154.99 on NewEgg.

My question is what will be the best way for me to output to a stereo RCA input from this card?

Also I will be using this on Vista Business x64 and I got the drivers off of the Auzentech site, is there anything I should know about using this card?

16. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega56 8GB
    The output remapping problem still occurs! I've filled in an RMA form at my retailer, because this is driving me nuts.

My Prelude was set at Game mode first at boot and i've switched to E-mode and the speaker mappings were screwed once again. LFE was heard from Right Back, Center from Left Back, Front Left from the Center Speaker.

I've switched to Audio Creation mode for the Playback meters and it was soooo stupid. Even with the Windows Playback -> Speaker config and 5.1 testing sounds when i clicked the Right Back speaker, the meter in Audio Creation window showed sound output @ the sub and so fort.

Is my card now broken or the drivers?? :bang: Never had this with my CL X-Fi card, which makes no sense, because both cards are basically using the same drivers.

I also tried another PCI slot, no help and i had to reinstall Vista 64 for 2 times already (due to other reasons), but that didn't help as well.

17. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega56 8GB
    Now i really can't have 5.1 output anymore with my Prelude. Only Stereo, but shared over each speaker. Vista's Playback speaker setup is set to 5.1 and i tried Stereo -> but Audio Creation wants to do only the Front Left and Front Right speaker.

It's becoming worse and i tried Windows XP SP3 as well to see if the problem also occurs in XP and yes, same crap! Channels getting swapped. :puke2:

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  18. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Did this trouble start after swapping out drivers? - if so, pull them clean out the rest of the files with DC and put in some new ones. In short, install the last set you know worked. Good luck.

19. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega56 8GB
    It started happening with the first RC1 drivers (from February). I was hoping that it would be fixed in the next drivers. I hadn't got that problem in the beginning, but the weird thing is that it started to happen after i used AudioBurst FX for the first time, but i really doubt that AudioBurst busted my Prelude.

I also tried my previous X-Fi Fatal Pro and that's working like a charm, but the downside is is that my gf is using that in her rig now, so it was only for testing. Normally the channel mappings were fixed if i switched from E-mode (my default mode) to G-mode and then back, but now that doesn't help. Now i also need to switch to Audio Creation mode and back and that fixes my probs mostly until it happens again.

I'm gonna get my old Audigy 1 (with the freaking 1394 port, SB0090), but does is it even 5.1 ready? I'm afraid not. Quite forces me to go onboard. :bang::bang::bang::bang:

20. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Have you sent a ticket to Auzen? Sometimes when issues pop up it is just coincidence. You may need a new card. I can't be totally sure. Have you tested the card in another machine?
    Put the Prelude in the GF'x machine and see how it works out. Let us know how it goes...