Auzentech Prelude Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by davaid, Aug 28, 2007.

1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I was using a XM with full LM4562's and I found they sound pretty much the same but different if you know what I mean they have different sonic signatures.. They are both awesome cards. The Prelude has many more features though. You can;t use the Preludes adapter on a Coax port on a device not meant for them. You will just damage the connector and the jack. I found some have trouble with inserting the optical adapters into the Prelude...the don't seem to realize there are very tiny plastic caps on the pointy end of the adapter that need to be removed prior to inserting them into the Prelude.
    What will decide if DTS will sound better then the Prelude in analog is again the unit your connecting it to. Right now the Prelude decodes DTS BUT only over analog. The Digital side of it is DTS-Connect and that would depend greatly on the receiver or speaker system your connecting to. Worth some tests when the driver is released.

2. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    shamefully, it happened to me too. :puke2:

3. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    [Edit] Oh I read it as some broke the plastic tip off inside.

Is the broken piece still inside, xan K?

I never used those, as they looked so breakable, even just looking at them they would break.

I was lucky enough that I had one that came with my optical cable, with the gold tip/inner rod.

As there is no chance to break it, since it is metal.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  4. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    no, I didn't jerk it in completely. as soon as I realized it was too difficult to get it into I knew something was up. :p that's a nice adapter, btw. but I guess there's no difference in sound, right. just in the materials?

5. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    No, no difference in sound. Just I needed another cable when I got the Prelude last year.

The little add-on adapter took my fancy for this one.

6. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    wait...... you actually got suckered into buying gold-plated optical audio cables?!?!?

7. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    I never got suckered into anything. I wanted the little adapter, that came with the cable. Plus it wasn't that expensive. £3 - 4 or so. It's not a flimsy cable like most. Others were cheaper £2 but there was no adaptor.

8. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    *shrug* the optical cable that came with the Prelude works just fine, and so do the adapters. not like they'd break if you so much as look at them.... seeing as they're inserted quite far into the SPDIF plug, and that it's at the back of your computer.

9. Zillator

Zillator Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD4870
    Hello everyone.
    Long time reader, first time poster. :)

I've been following this thread since it started, however I haven't seen this mentioned yet:

I use Vista 32bit and have my speakers set up to 7.1 - I'm using analog output for my Logitech 5400 speakers and headphone amp (hence 7.1 ;-) ). My output is set to 24bit 96kHz.

When I'm listening to music in foobar2000 with ASIO output in Audio Creation Mode I hear any other sound (eg. system sounds, movies, other mp3 playing concurrently in WMP) as a distorted screech which is ruining the listening experience while working on the computer.

The funny thing is that this ONLY happens if my speakers are set to 5.1 or 7.1, if I set them to stereo, everything is fine.
    I also noticed that without anything playing, the Speaker Setup in Vista plays the sound correctly. So the phenomenon only occurs while using foobar and ASIO.

I've contacted Auzen about the issue and while their support was polite, they obviously didn't understand my question (twice) as they replied something completely irrelevant like using DDL, which does not apply to analog output.

Has anyone seen this happening on their machine?

10. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    Geez, seriously what's it to you anyway. The Prelude supplied cable is being used on another device, since I needed a longer cable. It would fit you better if you read things.

I said I needed another cable. The End.

11. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    @VF, yeah those adapters look pretty sturdy. I have a small multi compartment box FULL of different adapters for audio . That sits on top of a large bin that is filled with pretty much 3 of every type of audio cable I can use or might need. I buy this stuff when I see it on sale even if I don't need it at the time. I work with so much audio gear that these adapters and cables come in very handy. Don't need to run to the store every time I want to do something.

Almost all of the newer cards, Prelude, Xonar use similar optical adapters for combo jack.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  12. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    Yeah I already had one brake. I like what you bought.. Gota find me some of those lol..

13. hdxnickka

hdxnickka Member

GPU:
    8800GTS 512 (G92) 805/1970/2150
    help

hey guys i know this has been mentioned already in this thread but i cant seem to find it again out of the many pages O_O.

well here is my situation: i just got the prelude, installed it in my rig. and its runn on vista 32. i have 5.1 surround sound but i cant seem to get it functioning.

i already went through the control panel and it gives me no option for 5.1 neither in the auzen panel.

also i saw the color wire configuration on this thread but i cant seem to find it x|. i just have the green/black/orange lines

thanks in advance!

14. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Just askin, At launch the Prelude didnt support 5.1 sound From Stereo MP3s over Digital, does that work now??

i havnt been keeping up.

15. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Set up the Vista Audio control panel. It is in the Main control panel. There will be options in there to setup your speakers type and size etc...You should be able to click on th speakers and click configure at the bottom. The reason you don;t have full surround options is the Vista audio panel is defaulted to 2.0. Hope this helps..

16. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I am not sure about VIsta 64 bit, but the Prelude has always had CMSS3D upmix. This is what gives you 5.1 output from 2.0 channel input.
    Vista is a bit tricky also as there is a drop down list for signal input to the card AND signal output which is quite different from earlier OS's...as far as I know the option has always been there.

17. hdxnickka

hdxnickka Member

GPU:

so i went to the control panel/hardware and sound/manage audio devices/

and i cant seem to get into anywhere where i can change the speaker setup.

hmm.. it says under jack information " no jack information available"

my jacks are in and all i hear is the left and right speakers along with the sub

ahh so frustrating..

18. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    When you click speakers from the main Vista sound panel, there should be a "Configure" button (lower left) when speakers are selected. Next, next choose 5.1 or so and finish going from memory.

19. hdxnickka

hdxnickka Member

GPU:

o crap.. THANK YOU

i feel so dumb and blind -_- lol.

20. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    ok, about this... there's a part when setting up speakers that I got to select if my satellites are full-range or not. what should I select for a Z-5500?