Auzentech Prelude Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by davaid, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Radiohedwig

Radiohedwig New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX280 1GB
    thx:p

It's weird though I've tried all sorts of drivers and the same issues occurs.

2. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    guys, I've noticed that the sound output through the prelude is quite powerful at 100%. so, I wonder if it's safe and wise to use it at that. I use analog for music and DDL optical for movies and games.

I ask this because I've always thought that keeping the source the loudest is the best way. I could be totally wrong, though.

3. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    huh? source volume? sound output quite powerful at 100%? you mean.... adjusting the volume of sound the card outputs to the speakers using Windows? that doesn't really affect the quality or anything.... just makes it easier to control the volume, and would probably be most helpful for someone using headphones directly connected to the card that don't have their own volume control. And seeing as you have Z-5500's.... doubt that's the case. Hell.... can hardly turn these suckers up with the card volume at 69%, let alone with the volume at 100%. you probably have the volume dial on your 5500's to like... half a bar, whereas mine i usually keep around..... 2... maybe 2.5 bars. lol.

Still can't believe how great the Z-5500's are....... and big.

4. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    With speakers, even more "stronger" speakers, it's hard to find a sweet spot.
    The manual for my little headphone amp said something like turning up the source to ~80% and do the rest with the amp. For using headphones, this works out wonderfully.

5. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    what I mean is, does it get to distort or damage my speakers if I keep the volume on the card at 100% and control it through the speaker's control knob?

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    The Prelude has HOT outputs, driving around 5volts....whereas normal line-level gear and other soundcards are about 2volts. Keep your wave and master volume at about 50-60% and you should be fine.

7. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    This is the first I just noticed... I remember before the 5_1RC Prelude update. I had the Vista volume icon in the system tray. Now when I go to taskbar/start menu properties. Everything is greyed out in the System icons group box except clock... o_O

There's no way to enable Volume, Network or Power. Weird.

[Edit] Silly Vista SP1 disabled them. How stupid. Why they done that I will never know.

Method Two http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/106787-notification-area-system-icons.html

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  8. Dexta

Dexta New Member

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce 7900GS 512MB
    Hi there!

I have got a problem with the entertainment modus of the auzen x-fi prelude. I allready have installed the current drivers which are provided from the auzen webpage.

The problem is, that I have got no bass while I playing music etc. There is no choice to activate the bass-redirection or something similar. But I can activate it at the game mode :confused:.

Somebody knows the problem? I run windows xp with service pack 2. I also have reinstall the drivers/applications and also used driver cleaner.

Greetz Dexta

9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    You will have to use gaming mode for music with the XP drivers. It has to do with the card and the way your speaker system filters bass. I have the same thing happening. Before you ask, you don't lose any sound quality by using Game mode for music. The Vista driver have Bass redirect back in the Entertainment panel and Auzen mentioned they will be adding it in later driver releases.

10. KingDazza

KingDazza Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Interesting... is there any advantage at all in switching to the Entertainment mode? In XP or Vista? Personally I use the Prelude the same way I used my Xtreme Music and that is to always leave it in Game mode.

I run mine through a high end receiver with a decent 5.1 hifi seperates speaker package and tbh have always loved and been happy with the sound I get from Game mode for music. I use the analogue connections too.

Blu Ray 5.1 uncompressed via analogue in Game mode sounds utterly superb too. It sounds sooo good that I guess I've never really bothered testing for any differnce in Entertainment mode.

11. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    Thats odd in my XP boot when I useto use entertainment mode I didnt have problems. But I use AC mode and bit playback with audioburst.

12. Wateri

Wateri Member

GPU:
    LeadTek GTX280
    I posted this in another thread.

My Prelude has been working great so far, but there is a very minor issue.

Slight audio skipping/distortion would occur whenever there is heavy disk activity. I am using the latest driver from Auzentech.

This is perhaps the inherent issue with Windows Vista. I don't remember this problem when I was using Creative X-Fi Extreme Music in Windows XP.

Any idea?

13. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Sure, swap to another PCI slot....

14. Dexta

Dexta New Member

GPU:
    Thanks for fast answering! Well, it is not really a solution to solve the problem, but it gives me a small understanding about the problem. :)

So all Windows XP users must hope that Auzen will provide in the future new drivers which maybe integrate the bass redirection in the entertainment mode. So long as Auzen hopefully work on it, music sounds very good in the game mode too.
    But there must be a difference between the entertainment and game mode, otherwise why should have creative labs developed two modes? Or it is the same technique but just two different GUI's? Maybe for those who have special demands... Only Dolby Digital Live is not available in the game mode. Well, apart from that they are equally.

15. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Maybe you should take a look in the manual that can be downloaded on the Auzen site. There is a list of features and difference of the 3 modes.

16. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    actually DD live option is in game mode, I use it when I use my speakers. It just in the settings at the bottom, instead of the options in the game mode .

17. Dexta

Dexta New Member

GPU:
    Oh yeah, I found Dolby Digital Live in the game mode, thx! But DDL is just a useful feature if one uses a external receiver with a digital input, isn't? So it makes no differences if I have activate or deactivate it while I use an analogue 5.1 speaker system which is connected directly at the soundcard.

Well, also interesting to see that in the manual is nothing written about bass redirection in the entertainmend mode. Still a feature that is missing. It should not be a question which mode is better for music, I think it has to be the quality of support for the soundcard from auzen. Because Creative Labs support features in the entertainment mode while Auzen does it not. I think Auzen has to do everything that it will be there for Windows XP in the future by next new driver/application release!

The speakersystem I use has the option to change the frequency stepless between 40Hz and 240Hz. But it is equally while I swith to 120Hz (=recommended by Teufel to have best level of bass) or 240Hz at the active subwoofer, there is still no bass in the entertainment mode. Must be a problem of the driver or application.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  18. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    DDL settings are in EVERY mode...just in different locations.

19. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    I know, I was just letting him know that game mode did have it. because he said it wasnt because he couldnt find it at first.

20. Dexta

Dexta New Member

GPU:
    Another question: do somebody know which are the main differences between the X-Fi CMSS-3D Surround mode "Stereo-Surround" and "Stereo Xpand" in the game mode? In my ears I always listining at the Stereo-Surround mode @ 50% because music sounds better and space will filled better by music. At Stereo Xpand the music/sound is also a little bit more quite.