Auzentech Prelude Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by davaid, Aug 28, 2007.

1. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    I heard you have to use analog outputs to hear sound in WMV-HD files. Don't know about the regular ones though.

2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yes that is normal. You have to set Vista audio panel to speakers. This send the audio to the card and then the card does the encoding for DDL. It was exactly the same when I tested it and when I have helped others with it....same thing. I don't think it is a glitch, just the way they do it...

3. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I tried my mic like two days ago and it worked for me. I tested it And Heard my self clear, Even recorded my voice it came out loud.

I was using come cheapo old creative clip on mic that was laying around.

4. bodean

bodean Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970
    Where do you set "vista audio panel to speakers?"

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    In the Vista audio control panel you can select what you use for input and outputs.
    You keep the settings the same there for using analog out of the Prelude, then enable DDL through the Prelude 7.1 I haven't had Vista loaded for awhile, I will go and verify.

6. Coolchris

Coolchris Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 512mb GForce 8800GT
    Strange...I also used the onboard Realtek HD to test as well and the mic works perfectly with those. Go figure. For me..its still the drivers.

7. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    dunno if this has been asked before (the thread is really long), but does enabling the Crystalizer compromise SQ? does it make sound artificial, not natural or add any artifact to the sound?

8. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Just put in a order for some OPA627's from auzentech. Went for those because I do listen to classical music and then I do want more bass and more detail etc. Cant wait til they get here. should make me and my AD700's happy.

9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    The way I understand it, the "Crystallizer" is a multi-band compressor, I don't think you could call it artificial as long as it isn't overused.

10. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56

11. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I can wait for those.so not really a big deal for me since DD live mode will do until it comes.

12. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    DTS, is a nice routine. The info states it is the better of the two encoding methods... I prefer analog for now...

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  13. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    yeah, I can wait for that too. it will be nice to see the card at its full potential. :)

14. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    WTF i got a real weird problem and i noticed that with my headphones as well.

Since yesterday when using Winamp playing music (entertainment mode) the Prelude sometimes switches to mono or that only one of 6 speakers work. And randomly after that it switches normally. I have CMSS-3D on, but never had that problem and neither on my previous XGamer Fatal Pro with similar settings.

When it happens that music just switches to mono output, i hear a small pop. Setting the card to Game mode and back to E-mode fixes it, but it's sooooo annoying.

I'm using the RC5.1 drivers and Vista 64.

I'm normally listening to music with my headphones and it started as of the day before yesterday.

15. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    I recently upgraded from an Xtreme Music and I'm loving the Prelude.

Only blemish on an otherwise perfectly working driver in Vista Home Premium 32bit is this though:

Whenever I reboot or start windows, ALL the speakers settings, 3D settings and Bass redirection settings return to their defaults. Pain in the arse to have to keep resetting to 5.1 speakers etc via the Vista sound control panel every single time you restart Windows. I emailed Auzentech who replied with this:

Thank you for contacting Auzentech.

We are discussing the feature to restore the settings by user.
    Currently, the equalizer only can be resotred as your setting.
    We will inform you when the 'User Setting' is settled.

We appreciate your support.

Well I didn't really appreciate theres.... took them 5 days to reply with that too. Still I live in hope.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else finds this and/or has a solution?

Cheers.

16. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    As long as I don't play around with the strange power circuitry I have here, I don't have those problems anymore.
    With the RC 5.1, the settings do stay set both in XP and Vista x64. They do even stay in every mode, when I switch it the settings I had there are loaded just as I would think it's supposed to.
    As you had a Creative card before, did you try to remove the old drivers with something like Driver Sweeper or Driver Cleaner .net?
    Especially Creative drivers can be really hard to delete.

17. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Yeah I used driver sweeper.... I will try cleaning and reinstalling again as you have it working OK.

18. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Just an idea ;) Uninstall the current software, use Driver Cleaner or Driver Sweeper in safe mode, then reboot to normal mode and delete all Auzen/Creative files and folders. There are some left nearly every time I check, so that might help. Maybe even use a registry cleaner then before you apply the new software. Just to make sure that every single part of the old software is deleted and gone before you install the new one.

19. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    *sigh* well tried all that and still the same I'm afraid.

Interestingly, I ran Revo Uninstaller and it picked up on some Soundblaster configuration still there. Obvioulsy I fully uninstalled and cleaned etc. Hoped that was it, but no go. Cant find any traces of the old card anywhere now. Still no go.

I do wonder if its linked with my Blue Tooth mic I use, but I've tried disabling/deleting that prior to install to no avail. Looks like I'm buggered. Shame as everything else works perfectly on it. It only takes me less than a min at boot up to configure anyway, but it would still be nice to have it resolved.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

20. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    What about the Mode changer application. I am unsure if it works with Vista or not but it would allow you to set the "default" mode that would load when the system boots. This is a way around the issue...If you try let us know if it works.
    The older version of the app would work with the Prelude by changing a file name the newer version works with both CL X-fi's and the Prelude.