Auzentech Prelude Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by davaid, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Btw., short update on Alchemy:

After using the support.cab of the Auzen release on the newer Creative release, the installation worked.
    And after editing the alchemy.ini manually, my games do show in the Alchemy tool as supported. EAX works now, finally :)

I did encounter some of the clicking noise now though, also measured the latency of my system. XP is significantly lower than Vista, still I didn't find any device that causes the problem as a single thing. My latency goes up to something above 1000 regularly, so I thought it might be the network. Disabling them did help a little, yet didn't solve the problem completely. I didn't have any other devices running that I wouldn't need, so:
    Has anyone done some comprehensive testing, which devices could be "known" do cause a higher delay?

2. DoctorO

DoctorO Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX Titan
    For me, it is the Prelude that causes the high latency...

3. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Wow. Now that's stupid... the cause and the solution to the problem in one single piece :D
    I haven't tried that out too, I guess I won't do it anyways so fast as I had so many troubles with the drivers.
    The only thing I could spare for some time is network access. Hard drives have to stay, graphics card of course, mouse, keyboard... not much to turn of that's not needed.

4. EvaUnit02

EvaUnit02 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX27/896MB@stock
    Is it worth upgrading to driver RC5-1 from RC5?

I use analogue stereo connections, so I've had no use for DDL encoding thus far.

Thanks in advance.

5. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    Well, it's best to use the latest drivers for any hardware really, so I'd recommend it, I use the RC5-1 drivers atm and they're great :)

6. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Still, if you don't have any special problems, why change drivers? I'd recommend to read the release notes of the drivers then. If there's something you might "like", or a problem you might have encountered, change drivers.
    There should be a new driver coming out soon, maybe it has some new features that make the change useful :)

7. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Hey, just checking... what is the driver date stamp on the RC5_1 driver under Vista?

Under DxDiag its version 6.00.0001.1281
    Date 18/12/2007 00:39:08
    After installing RC5-1.

I remember seeing 2008 for XP when I last checked.

Also the Auzentech Audio Console (under control panel) doesn't seem to want to open up. No Error message or anything. Almost like the link to it is dead. Since nothing happens when trying to access it.
    The blue console launcher panel functions fine though.

[Edit] I don't know what Auzen have done, but I've lost my rear satellites and center channel. And yes 5.1 is selected.

[Edit 2] Cancel that, rear satellites and center are working fine. Everytime I install a new set from Auzen, something changes that causes my previous Winamp setup to not work. :book:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  8. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Thats odd, my rear and center works for me in my xp and vista boot. also the console works for me.

Try uninstalling the drivers and then use driver cleaner and re install them.

9. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Whats the driver date under Vista though, GenClaymore.

10. 2000army

2000army Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X1950xtx
    Does Auzen plan on fixing this mic issue with Vista ...after 5 min my mic just stops working. I have to use the prelude and onboard audio to get Ventrilo to work properly

11. Intelman

Intelman Active Member

GPU:
    Saphire 4870 512MB
  12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I think I found the reason for my latency problem: Everest. I nearly always had this running to monitor temps and such.
    Then I turned it off and looked at the latency monitor again. Stays in the green area all the time. As soon as Everest is launched, it goes to over a second of delay regularly.
    Something else handled ;)

13. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    For sure, Empty out your startup. ANYTHING you don't need to be running, get rid of it.

14. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Yes, of course. This wasn't even in the startup, I started it manually each time as I use it very frequently. I hope it's just one of its modules that causes this, something I can turn off and keep using the rest of the program.

15. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Is it the same for others? *coughs quietly*

16. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Within XP 64-bit, it shows me the same driver version. Only the release date is slightly different, same date but with 00:25:08 it shows me a different time stamp.

17. EvaUnit02

EvaUnit02 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX27/896MB@stock
    Any news on the HDMI v1.3 X-tension board?

I plan on building a HTPC with a LG GGC-H20L drive and want to get a 2nd Prelude to put into that machine, but would need the daughter board too.

Thanks in advance.

18. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Well we seen the Prototypes. I would think it would be coming...not sure exactly when.

19. yasendi

yasendi Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce GTX 590
    Yesterday I installed my new Prelude replacing Creative xtreme Music card. I did the switch due to the need of Dolby Digital Live so I can get surround system with games and also movies.
    I was surprised that installition went very smoothely.

What is confusing me is that I was able to get DDL output simultaniously with analog output. Actually, If I tried to disable the analog output (by not making it the default speakers in VISTA), WMV and some games won't run. So I just enable DDL in the console and I get surround sound 5.1 emulated on my 7.1 analog speakers and 5.1 on my home theater speakers via digital signal.

Is that normal?

20. Coolchris

Coolchris Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 512mb GForce 8800GT
    YES..mine too. I wish they would fix this damn mic issue. Ive emailed them and theyve said they would look at it...before RC5...When I had my XMeridian it worked perfectly..so its the Drivers again, not my hardware.:bang: