Auzentech Prelude Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by davaid, Aug 28, 2007.

1. nam

nam Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    i do use an Aurlex Gramma as i have a wood suspended floor but i do have an old school house,them New builds can be a pain to EQ, mostly watch the Hi-def stuff on my Blu 760/Xe1 hd-dvd players.

2. kimosabi

kimosabi Member

GPU:
    P.Color 5870 PCS
    Anyone got any recomendations on a nice affordable external DAC for this soundcard BTW? My poor minijack is starting to feel a bit strained having an adapter and two fatty signal wires hanging from it.

3. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Guru3D did a review of the Beresford TC-7520 DAC and it has excellent sound quality. Here have a look, TC-7520 Review
    Not sure what your budget is though. There are many lower priced DAC's around that have great sound quality for the price.

4. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Gaming OC
    So with Beresford TC-7520 DAC will my Prelude + Z-5500 sounds better? Beresford TC-7520 can only send digital sound right? I use now my analog's on my Prelude.
    No, this is not for my setup :/

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    No, you connect the card or other digital source to the DAC. You then connected your speakers or headphones to the DAC but it is only stereo as 99% of the external DAC out there are.

When you ask for a recommendation for a DAC for your soundcard, what do you mean?

To note, you could always use digital for connection to your speakers if your mini jack is failing. but it will be a downgrade over analog on the Prelude as the Z-5500's have a mediocre internal DAC.

Why don't you just prop the wires up so they are not putting weight on the card?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  6. lukas_1987_dion

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Gaming OC
    Thanks

Now i understand. When i connect prelude to z-5500 over analogs, then prelude doing all works (as it should be, because prelude have's better DAC's), and when i connect prelude to z-5500 digital optical (spdif jack to prelude & toslink to z-5500) then my z-5500 doing all work. But why, when i enable (without DTS ON all effects is not working on digital connection) DTS encoder in sound card control panel and effects like eax, crystalizer, EQ etc. then all this effect's is working over optical digital connection... this suggest that prelude doing all job on digital con. too... One more thing, yesterday i read that DAC on prelude (analog) have 120db S/R, and that ADC (digital) have 123db S/(N+D), so it better? Maybe i must try and go digital over good coaxial cable? I don't know... this is so much complicated. Thanks for your reply!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  7. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yes, that is about right. The speakers aren't doing any "worK' they are just doing the Digital to Analog conversion.
    Without DDL or DTS-C you will only have stereo over digital. You need the encoder to produce surround sound. The Prelude is doing the Encoding and any processing Yes, but the DAC in the speakers is still doing the conversion.
    DAC is for the cards output.
    ADC is for cards input.

The ADC really has nothing to do with your speakers or digital output.
    With your system it is better to go analog but it is your system so do what you want.

Hope that Helps.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  8. kimosabi

kimosabi Member

GPU:
    P.Color 5870 PCS
    That one looks mighty interesting. I've read through some threads at my fav AV forum and it seems this one is a great investment. Remaining thing to do is to find a retailer. Might have to buy it from Beresford directly?

Thanks!

9. bodean

bodean Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970
    Are we ever going to see GOOD drivers for this card? The latest drivers, when used in Windows 7 x64, I get static a lot when playing music, and it is very irritating.

10. nam

nam Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    Been using theses for a while and had no issues http://forums.creative.com/t5/Sound-Blaster/SB-X-Fi-Series-AuzenUAA-Pack-1-5-02-20-2010/m-p/550638

also has the Heatsink come loose on the Xfi chip?, they can run hot you no and cause static ect, i even have a side fan on low Rpm pointing towards the card, but Manley for the 480.

11. nam

nam Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    Fit a OPA2277PA other day there good but just i fell not as good as the original LM4562, i also have some OPA2107AP 8-dip(which i forgot i had:3eyes:) going to try theses OPA2107AP 8-dip next, as i read good things about them.:)

12. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    Yea I enjoy the OPA2107APs my self which i have in my STX's.

13. nam

nam Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    nice to no :) can not believe i have had them over a year and forgot i had them lol,

i can get the OPA637/627Ap in dip 8 so i can just fit them out of the box, auzen are selling them as AU (2 separate chips) will there be any difference between the two different types, but there the same chips?

14. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Some LME49720HA opamp make a great upgrade to the Prelude 7.1 over the stock opamps. There are many opamps that can give you great sound quality.

I build opamps for many people around the audio community. If you are interested drop me a line and I will tell you what I have.

15. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    OPA627/637's are single channel and will not drop right in out of the pack. You have to use an adapter.

16. nam

nam Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    i did last time but you was not keen on sending to the Uk.

dam i checked the dip 8 ones there are single channel. http://search.digikey.com/scripts/D..._go&lang=en&site=uk&keywords=OPA627&x=17&y=22

17. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I can hook you up in the UK. Let me know...

18. lukas_1987_dion

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Gaming OC
    Hello again.
    So Prelude is not support DTS-HD over analog? 'I' can't by-pass analog conversion on my prelude, and DTS 96/24 is not working on Digital... So i don't have real DTS on analogs - only conversion from DTS to analog? Perhaps I must sell my Prelude... This card is not support Digital I/O too.
    If i may be have HD6970 (with HDMI 7.1 192/24) then i can connect it to my amp with HDMI and play all sounds from PC? Not only sound in movies? :-/

19. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    The Auzentech X-Fi HDMI and Xonar HDAV 1.3/h6 board are the only two sound cards which does full blu ray audio over analog.

your GTX570 should beable to do it as well when your use the DVI-HDMI adapter which came with the card that was made to do that.

20. lukas_1987_dion

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Gaming OC
    Sounds

Thanks for your reply GenClaymore.
    So finally my question is; Is Auzentech HomeTheater have's better DAC's than Prelude? (Auzen HT HDMI have 115db DAC and Prelude have 120db DAC and ADC at 123db).

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011