Auzentech Prelude Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by davaid, Aug 28, 2007.

1. TracesofCopper

TracesofCopper Member

GPU:
    280GTX WB OC
    I read this on a few of the major hardware sites about 1.5-2 years ago.

I'm not sure how valid the Info was, could have been snagged from some crappy blog, but I don't think so. If I remember right, Creative had a right-up about It on their site also with some funny code name, wish I could remember the name, I'd google It.

They have to be working on something....right?

2. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    my thinking? they do nothing .....nothing at all...auzen is the savior of creative....just what i believe....but to go back to creative i need really something awsome,just if not im not leave my hoty xonar!!!!!!xD they need a BIG leason...to stop mess with the supported customers..erm 1-3 that left anyway hehe

3. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi do you guys find the preludes 0db for the treble/bass dials are wrong, when u get them to half which is ment to be 0db it is more like +6db maybe more i find it to much

4. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    There is really no way to know if they are wrong without testing gear.
    IIRC, on that card for my personal listening I left both at about half way.

I would say just set them as you like using your ears.

5. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    i have them setup like this,
    [​IMG]

bass @ -(1db says windows) ~ (46% says sound manager)
    treble @ -(6db says windows) ~ (21% says sound manager)

i have very good speakers, very natural sounding mordaunt short, and a denon av receiver and the treble is Cristal clear at the settings above its weird as i think what the prelude says is 0db (@dial 50%) is wrong. might just be my setup you never know

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Well it can be all in how they are calibrated also.

7. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    explain what you mean by this matey

8. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    Is DTS suppose to show in the second last button with Dolby Digital or have I accidentally installed an old set on Win7? as only Dolby Digital shows.

Not that it matters as I'm still using analog.

9. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    No word from the Prelude guru's?...

10. nam

nam Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    The xfi creative range has just had a Win7 update , couple of days ago ..

11. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    I tried searching through the forums but I can't really find an answer to my question. I recently got a new external DAC I'm connecting it to the prelude via toslink. I'm running W7 x64 with the "recent" W7 drivers on Auzentech's site.

How do I enable CMSS Headphone over the spdif connections? How do I enable software (video games, PowerDVD, etc.) to use 5.1 or 7.1 speaker configurations, then ask the Prelude to CMSS-Headphone the data into a stereo stream over the spdif outputs?

Basically, I want the spdif output on the card to act as a digital copy of the 2 front speakers - and not be separate device seen by windows or other apps.

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  12. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW

I would suggest going to the Auzentech forums if you don't get a proper answer here or haven't tried it already.

http://community.auzentech.com/forum

13. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    It seems after doing some reading and driver changes, that I cannot do this with the Prelude. I picked up a new Creative X-Fi card and it CAN do with the option called "Play Stereo Mix using Digital Output" option in the drivers.

My Prelude couldn't even feed my DAC a 96 kHz signal properly over toslink. The Titanium Fatal1ty has been rock solid so far.

14. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    So Auzen releases old drivers for the Prelude....

______

Driver name: 20K1_X-Fi_Prelude_RefCD4
    Version: 1.0
    Download Size: 172 mb Zip
    Release Date: 07/03/2010

http://www.auzensupport.com/site/download/updates.php

• DTS Encoding available in Windows 7 and Vista only. However, the DTS driver provides additional features even in Windows XP.
    • Installation of this driver will require removal of any previous X-Fi Prelude drivers.
    • The ALchemy application is included in this installation. Any previous installations of ALchemy from this site should be uninstalled first.
    • ALchemy DDL Manual for X-Fi Prelude RC-4 Driver available on the manuals page.
    • Driver version number was reset with the first Windows 7 driver for the X-Fi Prelude.

15. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I built some LME49720HA opamps and tested them out on the Prelude 7.1. Sounded very good. Will report more testing results soon.

16. TracesofCopper

TracesofCopper Member

GPU:
    280GTX WB OC

Yes, there Is something wrong with Auzentech! Either they are doing something different with their hardware,or they aren't very capable,or they are just lazy?

I've got a Prelude that's been sitting In the closet since I bought the dam thing because of driver Issues. No, you can't blame It all on Auzentech, but why release old drivers?

17. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    So the long-awaited driver update is just an old driver? What are they smoking over there?

18. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Many times new drivers are built off older base drivers. When verified the dates and other aspects can make them look dated. Is there any new features or options to show they are indeed a new driver set?

19. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Vega56 8GB
    The 99% 4th core usage bug is still there with these "new" drivers. Bah! Uninstalling the driver from device manager and the core usage drops, installing it and it goes up again.

I got tired of my damn Prelude and i've put it in my HTPC. Using a CL X-Fi Titanium with less problems now.

EDIT:
    I just did a clean install with the drivers, uninstalled it completely and reinstalling it and these drivers are way better than the previous beta. Plus the 99% core usage bug is fixed. YAY!!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  20. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    OK, I've tried them and they've been working good so far, but so were the previous drivers. :)