Auzentech Prelude Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by davaid, Aug 28, 2007.

1. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    wow, daniel_k's support pack 2.0 is sounding awesome in W7 x64. it's definitely sounding a lot better than v1.1 and some little bugs have been ironed out too. excellent work!

2. nam

nam Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    When you first installed the prelude what did you do? as SP2 defaults sound so you have to set card up again as when you first installed drivers..

3. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    I have completely lost the ability to change modes with my Prelude in win 7 x64. It was fine with dan k's 1.1, but when I installed the 2.0 pack, I lost it and am now stuck in entertainment mode.

No amount of uninstalling, reinstalling or driver cleaning has helped. I don't understand why the 1.1's don't work properly now for me when they were fine before. If someone could point out some secret area to delete crap which a driver cleaner could miss, I would carve a gold statue in your likeness with my bare hands.

4. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    Is running Daniel's 2.0 Support Pack recommended over Auzentechs Driver V1.1? I know daniel used to release packs that didn't have certain things included like the main driver and I'm wondering if that is still the case with these? For example the auzentech V1.1 driver is almost twice the size of daniels support pack 2.0.

Edit: just noticed that in his release notes it does include the new X-Fi driver, so you can just run his support pack without anything else I'm guessing? I just wonder why Auzentechs driver is so much larger in size than his.

I'm not on W7 nor have I used it, but have you tried uninstalling in Device Manager and clicking the option that says to delete driver also? (assuming Windows 7 has similar options as Vista)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009

5. cricket bones

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    I have tried that and used two separate driver cleaners along with ccleaner.

6. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    can you try the card in a different PCI slot?

7. cricket bones

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    i only have one pci slot, unfortunately. I could probably and will probably just reinstall windows. The drivers worked fine when I had a fresh install, it was only after I uninstalled the 1.1 pack and tried to use the 2.0 that everything went to crap. Now any driver I try is stuck in Entertainment mode. There's no option to even change modes.

8. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Did you install the non-pnp devices by hand? Maybe one of them causes the problem. They aren't affected by the uninstallation of the software or the main driver.

9. cricket bones

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    Nothing has been installed manually through device manager. In fact, if you try to do that, you get an error that prevents it. I assume that there's remnants of files and crap in the registry that no driver cleaner or uninstaller so far touches and this is the cause of my issue. Not sure if it's worth it to comb through my registry when I can just reinstall windows 7 or go back to Vista, which I have imaged just in case something like this happened.

10. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Sorry, my fault. I meant un-install ;) There should be several devices starting with "CT" in the non pnp tab.

11. cricket bones

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    I did that, too.

I used: Set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
    Devmgmt.msc

Uninstalled all CT stuff, but I just reinstalled windows 7 and now the drivers work perfectly. There's no way I am going to uninstall this crap again now that it works.

12. djazza

djazza New Member

Mate i have the same problem with windows 7 rc1 x64, i am stuck in entertainment mode, there is no tab to change mode either. I contacted auzentech 3 days ago still waiting for a reply, but nothing. I dunno what to try to get it working.
    The thing is i need audio creation mode for my music, so i'm buggered for the time being i guess.

13. cricket bones

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    The dan k drivers do work, but somehow things got effed up and I could no longer install any driver pack properly until I reinstalled Win 7. Works great now. I also make music, so it's important for the asio/audio creation mode to work for me.

14. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    Well I have a new problem with my Prelude, no matter what I've tried (switching PCI slots, reinstalling drivers/messing with RAM) I get an almost constant crackling/static that comes every 5-10 seconds. I've tried turning off SVM/EAX Effects/24bit Crystalizer/CMSS-3D and nothing effects it. Does anyone have any idea what could cause this? I'm going to reinstall the older driver and see if effects it.

One thing I do know is this wasn't happening until I installed Daniel K's 2.0 pack, if that helps anyone figure it out.

Edit: uninstalling the NVIDIA 182.50 driver fixed this problem...WTF, I thought this was the only truly stable driver available...

Edit2: 185.85 did not cause this, but I will post back if it starts again.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  15. cricket bones

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    Maybe overclocking could be the issue?

16. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    both GPUs/Drivers were at stock speeds, I'm just glad I got it figured out.

17. nge769

nge769 Member

GPU:
    2X5970's Quad CFX
    Hey guys , I have a quick question , i just bought the AUZEN X-Fi FORTE 7.1
    Its 1 of the best pcie cards i heard yet.

anyway, is there any way i can install more presets (like concert hall,that creative cards have)in the EAX effects list in the entertainment mode ..Thanks :)..or can i somehow incorporate the EAX effects from creative instead?

18. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    with daniel_k's support pack 2.0 in Windows 7 x64 7201 everything works fine.

19. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    same here. :)

20. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Something odd, I just upgraded my system and I started to get a whine from the right channel even with my headphone amp volume all the way down.

I also could swear I could hear it with my headphones off.

Anyway, after messing around. I found out the noise goes away as the CPU get utilized, so I disabled the C1E halt state feature in my BIOS and that fixed the noise.

Has anyone ran into this issue before?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009