Auzentech Prelude Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by davaid, Aug 28, 2007.

1. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    I've installed daniel_k's support pack 1.1 in every of the latest builds leaked and it has worked perfectly with no extra effort. no compatibility mode, no administrator forcing on setups, just installed normally and went smoothly.

2. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    Well on my other computer with a X-FI Xtreme music, Daniel_K 1.1 pack it had static sound so I had to take it off my other comp. And install creative's Windows 7 drivers off the site. It worked fine in 7068 build but it static in build 7077.

3. nam

nam Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    Thanks for that Gen .. you may of just answered a Question a frend was asking :)

4. Azrael5

Azrael5 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 AGP
    I am intereted to match Prelude to z-5500. Can I use thx effect or I will be limited!?

I would like also to install windows 7 RC.... when it will be available...
    Thanks

OT: I have problem with one speaker on my sbs580 5.1 creative system, the left front or right rear often doesn't work, i hear only a sound like subwoofer when i test on panel control of realtek (I have a realtek alc850 inboard audio card).

Thanks.

5. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    You get the best quailty if you use analog with the z5500s and prelude instead of digital.Because the analog quailty on the prelude is higher then it would be thru digital.

6. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    If I remember correctly, the Prelude didn't get the THX certification, but I don't think it'll be a real problem as said in the following:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  7. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    IIRC, my old Audigy 2 ZS was THX certified and the Prelude completely sweeps the floor with it and then eats it for breakfast.

8. Ratix

Ratix Active Member

GPU:
    radeon 9600 xt
    Does the front channel opamp work for heapdhones too? Or is there a separate opamp for headphones?
    How does the auzen work with headphones?
    I'm thinking about buying the jvc rx700. They're talking very well about these headphones, and they're rather cheap. I just hope they'll be sold in Europe too.

9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Headphones are the same as the front outs on this card. The front channel op amps influences the sound of both.

To note, the Auzentech Forte 7.1 has a separate opamp based headphone amplifier -but it cannot be replaced.

10. Ratix

Ratix Active Member

GPU:
    radeon 9600 xt
    That's another point in favor of the auzen x-fi prelude :)

11. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yes, but the Prelude doesn't have a headphone amplifier.

However, you may need a headphones amplifier depending on what headphones you buy.

High impedance headphones will require a amplifier.

12. angershark

angershark Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    I thought the OPA2134 next to the front panel connector was for the headphones output? The front panel out is insanely loud with my 32ohm cans, any more than 10% volume hurts my ears. I wonder how it would do with cans around 100ohms.

13. Ratix

Ratix Active Member

GPU:
    radeon 9600 xt
    How about 50ohms headphones, or grado headphones (i think they're 35 ohms)? Will the auzen drive them as good as some cheap amplifier?
    I know that auzen can compete with entry level hifi dac and preamplifier, but i'd like to know how it behaves with the headphones too.

14. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Those headphones you mentioned are low impedance the Prelude will have not trouble driving them.

IIRC, Usually any headphones over 150 Ohm impedance will generally require a amplifier. Ther are exceptions to the "rule" and that is not to say you cannot use an amplifier with lower impedance headphones for their sound signature etc.

15. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    Rob actualy the prelude couldnt drive my ultrasone HFI-780 32ohms headphones fully. Neither did my HDAV.

I had to get a headphone amp to make them sound the way they was meant to be sound as I also had low volume that I had to turn up near max just to make them loud enough.

16. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yes, I said there are exceptions to the rule. Some headphones are low impedance and low sensitivity so they will require some extra muscle.

17. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    Woops i didnt notice that line.

18. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yes, depends on the headphones but generally the rule applies.

Do you have a headphone amplifier for your phones?

19. Azrael5

Azrael5 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 AGP
    What are the features of last diriver of Auzen prelude!? Are Auzen prelude able to support hd audio?

20. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    yes, I bought one last month or the month before, its a Fiio E5.