Auzentech Prelude Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by davaid, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Ratix

Ratix Active Member

GPU:
    radeon 9600 xt
    Ok. Guess that's a good compressor ^^.

2. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    it's maybe because Auzentech's come bundled with some creative apps, like mediasource...?

3. Ratix

Ratix Active Member

GPU:
    radeon 9600 xt
    Ah i see. That may be the cause too!

4. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    yeah, and like it's been already mentioned, daniel_k used the most powerfull archiver in the whole planet: 7-Zip. :)

5. Pyr0

Pyr0 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FTW3
    my bad, it's not the new driverpack that stops my mic from working...

just a quick question:

is anybody using these drivers in windows7 x64 with more than 4gb of memory?

and if so, is your microphone still working in the control panel:
    [​IMG]

on here with windows7, if i install the drivers with 4gb or less, the mic works.
    but as soon as i plug in another 2gb, the mic stops working and even removing the extra mem does not fix it after it's been disabled.
    so far the only way i've fixed it is by restoring an image

i've been testing all evening. i installed and backed up a fresh windows7 and have just been trying the drivers with different memory configs.

the mic seems to work just fine with the drivers and 6gb in vista tho (pic above is from vista64 sp1 with all 6gb installed) *shrug*

figured i'd ask in here before submitting another ticket to auzentech

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  6. Ratix

Ratix Active Member

GPU:
    radeon 9600 xt
    Is it possible to perfectly configure the speakers with the thx panel, without a measurement microphone?
    At first i was scared because i thought i had to buy a microphone to configure the speakers settings perfectly. But after seeing a screenshot of the thx panel i think it's possible just by setting the speakers distance and angle. Anyone has tried doing so, and can confirm if it works good?

7. nam

nam Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    If it is anything like the old creative thx console/panel i used , all you do is measure to your setting postion, then put that measurement into each speaker..

8. Ratix

Ratix Active Member

GPU:
    radeon 9600 xt
    So do i simply need a meter and measure the distance with it? ^^.
    How do i exactly measure the angle? Is there a simple formula (don't remember from high school)?

9. nam

nam Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX

yea measure tape, and distance from you to speaker simple as that, forget angle. once all mearsurements are put in the DB settings for each speaker go higher or lower to level the volume to your seating postion , also the measurements should be in meteric:thumbup:

no need to run a sound Field program like REW or CARMA :)

10. Ratix

Ratix Active Member

GPU:
    radeon 9600 xt
    What's that? Couldn't find anything concerning audio with google.
    The Thx panel also set's the latency for surround speakers...doesn't it?

11. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    nah, I just ignore all that technical stuff. I forget about measuring and setup my speakers the closest possible to this graphic, just without caring too much about angling, distance. just eyed-measured.

[​IMG]

sit back and enjoy the ride. but that's just me. :p

12. SScorpio

SScorpio Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 9800GTX
    Getting Alchemy to work with Daniel_K's X-Fi Support Pack 1.0.

I was to get Alchemy working with my Prelude and Daniel_K's pack by doing the following.

Go to Auzentech's site and download the standalone Alchemy installer. http://www.auzensupport.com/data/ALXF_PCVTAPP_LB_1_00_11.zip

Download the latest Alchemy release from Creative: http://support.creative.com/downloads/welcome.aspx

When you extract the zip file from Auzentech you will have an executable, and the download from Creative is also a executable.

Using the archiver of your choice (I used 7-zip) right click on each executable and extract all of the files from them. You'll notice that they look the same.

Delete the directory named Alchemy from the Auzentech pack.

Move the Alchemy directory from the Creative pack to the Auzentech pack.

Run the installer for the Auzentech pack and reboot when prompted to. You should now be successfully running Alchemy.

The reason you'd want to do this is that the Auzentech Alchemy pack was created on September 2007, while the latest Creative release is from July 2008. You can't run the Creative installer because it says you don't have a supported card; however, the Auzentech installer will work. By replacing the outdated Alchemy directory from Auzentech with the latest one from Creative you can force the latest Alchemy release to be installed.

13. Capt Proton

Capt Proton Member Guru

GPU:
    2 X GTX 570
    Do you uninstall the Alchemy drivers first? Auzentech site says you should before installing the driver packs that contain the Alchemy driver. If so, how? I do not see anything in the Add Remove programs other than the complete Auzentech Drivers.

14. Pyr0

Pyr0 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FTW3
    I didn't need to download the pack from Auzentech

I just downloaded the one from Creative and extracted the files to a folder.
    Copied the engine32.cab file into the Alchemy folder and ran setup from in there.

I had no complaints that my card was not supported, Alchemy installed without a hitch and asked to reboot after

15. Zyrocenus

Zyrocenus Master Guru

GPU:
    Saph 4890@1033\1200@1.45V
    Daniel K's support pack psted here earlier is the best to date...all things for me are supported and despite the lag still being present I now have the THX console so kudos to daniel K..... despite how some ppl feel about him

Zyro

16. SScorpio

SScorpio Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 9800GTX

Thanks for the tip on the engine32.cab file. I knew something was missing since you couldn't directly execute the setup.exe that was in the Alchemy folder.

I'm not sure how you would uninstall just the Alchemy drivers from the Auzentech driver packages. I had the Daniel_K pack installed and I did a full uninstall of the Auzentech pack and then ran Driver Sweeper. The problem is that Daniel_K's pack doesn't include Alchemy. You could just try installing the latest Alchemy over the top of your existing install and see what happens.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  17. damafan

damafan Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Lightning III
    mic isnt working for me after installing DK's pack, running vista 64bit with 4GB ram. any fix for that?? my usb mic works though only analog mic sometimes work.

18. Zyrocenus

Zyrocenus Master Guru

GPU:
    Saph 4890@1033\1200@1.45V
    Hey Rob! I got a question and I know yer the man to ask it to!

No doubt you've heard about the XFi Forte 7.1 that was released.... I'm sorry if this is asked elsewhere.... but:

How does it compare to the prelude? Is it nothin more than a slightly dressed up prelude on the PCI-X bus with a low profile possibility?

Thanks! and sorry if the answer is elsewhere

Zyro

EDIT: Oops! If anyone else has input on the matter toss it in by all means...or point to the thread where its being discussed! lol

19. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yes, the Forte' is aimed at a different market then the Prelude.
    I will be testing out one very soon, Look for the review!

20. nam

nam Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX