Auzentech Prelude Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by davaid, Aug 28, 2007.

1. mito

mito Member Guru

GPU:
    zotac gtx 280 SLI
    I"m confused now.

Do I need alchemy in order to have EAX + Prelude + Vista 64?

I enabled EAX in Bioshock and it's working fine.

No alchemy. Please advise.

Thans.

2. SeeingWhite

SeeingWhite Member

GPU:
    ATI x1800XL 265MB
    Ok, Bioshock has OpenAL support, which Creative uses to deliver its "EAX" effects. Therefore, you do NOT need Alchemy for Bioshock.

http://www.openal.org/titles.html
    Creative's Bioshock website

3. mito

mito Member Guru

GPU:
    zotac gtx 280 SLI
    oh!

is there any perfomance hit using EAX through OpenAL or Alchemy (emulation)?

4. SeeingWhite

SeeingWhite Member

GPU:
    ATI x1800XL 265MB
    Good Questions. I'm sure there have been some tests done out there to see the performance differences between OpenAL vs EAX natively (XP) vs ALchemy. But I'm not sure.

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Actually, IIRC, this question was asked and answered by a CL rep that was bouncing around the forums. He did say there is a small CPU hit...2-3% That's nothing for modern CPU's It is there though...

6. Rathbone

Rathbone Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix RTX2070
  7. SeeingWhite

SeeingWhite Member

GPU:
    ATI x1800XL 265MB
  8. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    All thats changed is the updated date on that page. It's the same update as before.

9. Rathbone

Rathbone Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix RTX2070
    The filename says ...Patch1.1, so they changed something.

10. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    True, #26.

Shame that they don't have a listed changelog.

11. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    IIRC, some guys were having difficulties with the installer and Auzen fixed it. This may be why we get Patch 1.1

12. Precarious

Precarious Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 275

Some of us had X-Meridian issues as well don't forget.

Leading to my question... has anyone had any sort of issue with crackling analog output from the Prelude? Specifically with ASUS mobo's or Z-5500's. (With my luck I'll be the first, though at that point I would have to assume it had nothing to do with the soundcards and was a system issue or something whacky with my spks.)

Next question... is there any way Creative could screw the Prelude over and not release the new digital features (within a reasonable time frame)?

I'd hate to spend a couple hundred and then not have DDL and DTS.

13. soul8103

soul8103 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600M GT
    I think It will be a while before all features are enabled. DDL is expected next month. However DDL (which I want) wont be available till Q1 2008. Quite a wait really but thats the price of releasing a card so early. It's still a great card dont get me wrong.

As for the crackiling havnt experienced any cracking since switching to this from the xtreme music

14. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    That doesn't make sense... you'll get your DDL this year. Are you not referring to a fully working Digital out thats to be fixed for next year?

As for the soundcard on Asus, Precarious, no I'm not encountering that with analog.

Auzentech are making their own drivers I heard IIRC, as these Creative branded ones are just a gap filler. *I Hope*

15. soul8103

soul8103 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600M GT
    Sorry I didnt mean DDL, I meant DTS.., Which is due Q1 2008 which i previously stated:

-
    http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-fi_prelude.php#dtsint

16. Precarious

Precarious Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 275
    Well if that gets confirmed I'll be picking one up sooner rather than later. I don't trust a word creative says (specifically if they have target dates in them).

I'm pretty much dieing to stick a Prelude in my main machine and swap my X-Meridian over to the secondary one (hopefully then it will have clear analog).

17. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I don' think they are making their own drivers. Creative Labs said they won't open the source code for the drivers. Just to note, The driver and the Prelude are solid. People may have had trouble in the past with Creative X-fi's and drivers but there doesn't seem to be any such issues with the Prelude. Auzen added the 4gb patch but other then that everything is great. Here is a couple new review for you guys wanting more information:

http://computershopper.com/reviews/auzen-x-fi-prelude-71-sound-card-review

http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/auzentech_xfi_prelude/index.shtml

18. Reaping_Ant

Reaping_Ant Member

GPU:
    XFX Geforce GTX 285
    Hi to all !

I have been trying to decide whether to get a Prelude or not and am almost convinced of ordering one when the next batch arrives here in Germany in mid-October (I hope).
    The one thing I don't know, however, is whether the Prelude plays Audio-DVDs, or more specifically, their high-res, MLP-encoded part.
    I have grown quite fond of my small collection of DVD-As and have no other means to play them than my PC.
    From the review here on Guru3D I gather that the DVD-Audio player is not included with the Prelude.
    Would the Creative player work on the Prelude ? Or is there any third-party software that plays DVD-As ?
    Thanks to anyone who can clarify this !

19. Precarious

Precarious Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 275
    I trust the drivers to be solid. I'm more concerned about Creative squelching on the target dates for the new features release. I don't want to be sitting here in 2009 wishing I could use DTS NEO:pC.

20. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    everyone spazzing over having DDL and DTS Interactive :p

You guys do know analog out > digital out right? :)