Auzentech Forte - Popping noises

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by PETEY, Jul 8, 2010.

1. PETEY

PETEY Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS
    Typically when watching a video on Youtube (not when playing a game or listening to music, or at least it hasn't happened yet) - there's a varied popping noise keeping a steady "pop pop pop pop pop" noise. It's extremely annoying and fixed by restarting my computer until I watch another Youtube video for a couple of minutes. Anyone know of a solution?

2. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 GAMING OC
    update drivers, try different speakers. update flash.

3. Th3_Edge

Th3_Edge Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870
    They just released new drivers for the Forte, you may want to try them.

4. PETEY

PETEY Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS
    It's now happening all the time. When I try to play games, listen to music, and even while booting up there's a popping noise. I have the latest drivers and it's not the speakers.

5. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
  6. Th3_Edge

Th3_Edge Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870
    Try it in a different system as the card may be picking up noise. If it does it in another system then RMA.

7. PETEY

PETEY Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS
    This is some lame sauce yo.

8. linyanti

linyanti Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 GTX Founders C
    This post has been dead for some time but I recently had this problem and found a solution. It started when I went from a GTX 285 to an stock overclocked 5870 videocard.

It turned out that any overclocking done to either the system memory or to the cpu would cause problems with the Auzentech Forte 7.1. These problems would start after I had stressed the system with some intense gaming. It was that popping sound which might or might not go away with a restart.

Now I do not have this anymore when I run the videocard, system memory and cpu at stock speeds. This is not too much of a loss since there was not much improvement in gaming at the overclocked speeds.

9. Joohan

Joohan Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus AMD Radeon R9 Nano
    This is a widely known issue with the Fortes, just take a look at the Auzentech forums Forte section. It seems like it's an overheating issue of somesort, and the total lack of support from Auzentech is concerning to say the least. I also had this issue so it took it back to the shop. The shop tried to get a replacement and after over 6 weeks of no answer from Auzentech, they agreed to let me change the card to another, so I got an Essence ST and I'm very glad that I did!