Auzen X-fi Forte 7.1 thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, Mar 11, 2009.

1. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    Yea i still having gotten around to try the 5x LME's that came last week.

2. nam

nam Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    Rub it in mate:) any way you only need 3 send me one.. :giggle2:

3. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    =) 4 of them was gonna be used in the dauther board along with whatever is laying around. It just when ever I get the dauther board.:hort:

4. nam

nam Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX

Why can you buy that separate?

5. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    I was gonna try to buy it from some one if i could. and I just remembered that was one of the things I was gonna try to see if i could get ahold of with some of my stimulus money.

I knew there was something esle I wanted to get ahold to but forgot.

6. nam

nam Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    It is odd Asus do not sell this as a separate item just in case you did not have cash for the Deluxe at time .. Flee bay? :)

7. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    If I waited i prolly would have had the cash but I couldnt wait, and I was sitting on onboard as I couldnt stand my X-fi XM i had laying around at the time.

sady its not on ebay heh.

8. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Sorry I know this is an old thread but I have a question I can't seem to find an answer to. I'm currently running Windows 7 x64. Is there anyway to change the spdif output sample rate? I see a tab for it, but it's grayed out & the setting can't be changed. When I'm not playing an AC3 video my receiver detects the stream as 96KHz & drops to 2 channels which removes my receiver's settings. So basically every time I start & stop a video, I must set the receiver back to surround sound. I know it's my receiver's limitation, but if I could set it to always use 48KHz I could avoid this annoying issue. Same thing happens when I turn off encoding. So the simple task of playing a game or movie becomes unbearable, I have to change so many setting I might as well just use my onboard sound & avoid the aggravation.

9. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    there should be a setting to prevent the sample rate from going to 96kHz...check in the windows sound settings.

I normally use Windows XP but go under control panel --> sound --> pick the Auzen --> Properties --> Advance --> Change the sample rate to what you want (16bit 44.1 <OR> 16bit 48.0)

10. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Yeah I have tried that, no luck. It must be a driver issue. I hear quite a few people have issues. I just got the card today, and it seems everything from the drivers to the control panel software seem to perform poorly in Windows 7 x64. Thanks though.

11. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    Is there anyway to let the bass redirection work in the forte control panel ?

My forte is hooked up via SPDIF to my reciever, but i cant redirect the bass from my mains to my woofer.
    The option in the control panel doenst seem to work.
    I also have a Logitech Z5400 wich i adore because it sounds awesome but my HT Set is waaay better, but with the z5400 all the bass goes to the woofer ( the mains cant handle it, i know). and its also connected via spdif.

So why is it when i use my HT set i cant redirect the bass to my woofer and with the z5400 is done automatically.

P.s. This is when listining to music aka stereo source. DD Live or DTS Connect works like a charm with my woofer.

My setup:

Reciever: Onkyo SR-TX 705

Mains: Canton Ergo RCL
    Center: Klipsch RC52
    Surr. Kef Q4
    Woofer: Jamo Sub300

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009