1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auzen X-Fi Bravura 7.1 review

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

Auzen X-Fi Bravura 7.1 gets tested A review and test on the Auzen X-Fi Bravura 7.1 We quite enjoyed the sound of this card it has a very musical profile that makes you want to listen to the next song...

More...

2. Vandrende Pind

Vandrende Pind Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X
    nice review!

is it better than the prelude?

do you think the bravura would be a good upgrade from a x-fi extreme music (using hd650 directly plugged in the card)?

3. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    Great review..although my question from the other soundcard reviews still stands...what speakers did you use? what were their capacity? headphones? same thing....TOTALLY relevant to the sound cards capability...did you use 7.1? was there an external crossover affecting the sound? were the speakers Radio Shack specials? Klipsch ProMedias? Logitechs? Sennheisers?

4. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I always seem to forget to mention that but I use Studio reference monitors for stereo and I used Sennheiser HD595's for cans.
    I usually test with a few different systems, I have quite a few sets of speakers, home system...headphones etc.
    I usually spend a great deal of time with a card before I even put down word 1...

5. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    any chance of adding the comparisons of the hardware? I have a set off HD555's so i can get SIMILAR sound, but ill be upgrading to the B&W P5's here in the next month/2, whenever they are released in Canada, other than that I have a set of B&W 510s thru a NAD 7120 or Klipsch ProMedia's 4.1. :) Hard to test a soundcard or trust a review of one without knowing the capability/specs of the speakers too :) Otherwise you could be talking about ketchup..:)

6. Adicto

Adicto Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 9600GT 512MB
    Theres a typo on the article :)

[​IMG]

I guess it's supposed to be :D
    Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2 or
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

7. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Actually, I think Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    would be the most accurate.
    There are many places that list the game as we have though, for example: Link

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  8. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 /AMD v7
    damn u Steven!

now I'm going sick on this card aka must have...

wonder if I really need replace my DX to this card...any spare FPS is handy(if U got still this card can u check BF:BF2?)

anyway - great review, makin me to thinking about replacement...dosh, I had a1, a2, vortex1,2, 1st x-fi even... and still looking for some fine stuff for gaming and for listening music

sry for my bad eng

9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I think I still have BF2 around....I have a feeling it won't lock for X-fi though as there is no EAX 5 support.

10. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 /AMD v7
    just found this "All the cards features are contained within the one pane. "

btw, it says no eax5 support, but...is there any difference? As I said, i had x-fi fatality fps, 1st x-fi creative card but it wasn't any special feature to me (cmms-3d or headphone was...), i generally turn off any eax features, because basically they sounds from weird to unreal at last...

so it is real difference now or i may it just skip

11. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    No, the card handles all other levels of EAX just fine and still out muscles other software cards. Which makes sense considering these are CL's routines so I would htink they do some optimizing for their own codings.
    Everything else is present for features such as CMSS-3D ..etc
    Hope that helps.

12. dillingerdan

dillingerdan New Member

GPU:
    ATi X850XT (GTX285 died)
    Why'd you compare it to just the D2? Comparing it to something like the ST/STX seems like a better like for like comparison, since they do the same thing.

Which would be the best purcahse in this regard? I am sceptical about another Auzen card. I have the X-Fi Prelude and its terrible really. Not really the card itself but the drivers/software. Constantly get audio stalls with huge buzzing before a loss of audio (disabling and re-enabling the card fixes it). Had the same issue across Vista and now 7, and the last drivers were 6+ months ago, and been across them all, and the same issue hasn't been fixed.

13. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216

I never compred it to the D2. I compared it to the DX which is a software card and the Forte which is a hardware card for gaming performance.

The STX/ST is twice the price of the Bravura 7.1, so they are in different markets altogether.
    I never had any issues with the Prelude when I tested it. However, that was awhile back now.
    As to which to buy, I think it is really up to you in which has the features you need.
    Good luck on your gear hunt.

14. bloowhalez

bloowhalez Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 270
    is it better than my x-fi music (the oem model)? that is the question

15. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    Nice review on it. Makes me want it even more than I did before, especially since it has the 6.3mm headphone jack at a much cheaper price then the Xonar Essence STX/ST. Nice performance of it as well, nice to see a software based card come really close to a hardware based one. Now I just have to decide whether to buy it now or wait for my next computer lol.

16. dillingerdan

dillingerdan New Member

GPU:
    ATi X850XT (GTX285 died)
    Well D series card, I wrote that without the article for reference, so just took a shot in the dark.

So really you compared the card to a similar priced ASUS product? Is that what you are saying? Well I don't know where you live but difference in the UK is likely to be single digits. ASUS ST(X) is around £130, and the US dollar price on this card is the same figure, so I am guessing in our not so fair translation it'll be almost the same price. No where neat half the price of it.

Plus surely the fact they are aimed at the same customer is grounds enough to warrant comparison? Headphone AMP, gaming (sort of, both software?) based cards for good music and great fidelity fragging? Surely they are the same.

I can't discern between the cards, thats the problem, to me they look like they do the same thing, so which is ideally the better card, for either, or both situations. I want it for stereo and headphone driving ideally (will be driving Surround sound Bit stream, so won't be card necessary, beyond maybe a future surround headset).

Is the ASUS the better standard card, and this better after OPAMP upgrades (which I am never going to spend $260 per upgrade on). I mean you sound like the best person to ask, really.

I mean great review, otherwise, shows it's a great card but lacks that comparison which I thought would be THE comparison made when the card was announced. ASUS ST series vs Auzen Bravura. I don't think I am the only one who expected them to be compared.