Automatically Subscription doesnt work too good lately

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by NIB, Dec 17, 2003.

1. NIB

NIB Master Guru

I have selected from my control panel to automatically subscribe the threads that i reply to but for some reason this doesnt work really good the last days. It only subscribes some of the treads that i reply and not all.

Manual subscribing works(at least when i used it on 1 post). Any1 knows what is wrong?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2003
  2. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    When you do it with the "Quick Reply" option, it doesn't activate. I you do it with the "Post Reply" or the "Quote" options, it does automaticly have the subscribed thred option enabled.

I'm not sure, but I should think that this is made for preventing SPAM.

3. Ant

Ant Don Michael Corleone

GPU:
    2 x Inno3D 9600GT 512MB
    In the quick reply there is a hidden field that basically says "dont subscibe to thread". Its not something that can be changed in your options. I'd imagine this might overwrite your subscription for that thread.

I'm not going to change the quick reply bit because i spent so long on this skin i am quite sick of editting it!
    If you use post reply instead of quick reply you should be ok.

p.s. NIB, your name is spelt wrong :p It should be with an 'h' !

4. NIB

NIB Master Guru

Yup you are right. I was using the quick reply lately cause the reply takes so much time to load on the computer in my work(maybe cause of the heavy interface?).

Do you mean my real name(antony)?

In greek my name(antonis) doesnt have an h. Most teachers in greece teach antony without an h. Some teach it with an h(anthony). I prefer writing it without an h.

Or do you mean NIB?

NIB is a song from Black Sabbath(rock band of the 70s), Nativity In Black. Many years ago i was trying to find an original name to use. So i was trying titles from songs and eventually i found NIB. NIB is a name that as far as i know no1 else uses it so its original. And its also small and easy to remember and spell. So ppl can remember you easily and write your name in their flameposts without any spelling errors :p.

Off topic : Why cant i include the author's name on my quotes? For example on other forums i can use
    and it appears from who i am quoting from.

5. Ant

Ant Don Michael Corleone

GPU:
    2 x Inno3D 9600GT 512MB
    antony with an h. I think its something that the romans decided to do when they got to the UK. Give antony an h, lets see how they fight about it later!

You cant include the authors name because in this version of VB
    has not been made. The way VB does it is by including the persons name between the quote brackets. I would like to see it implemented in VB version 3 thats for sure.

Guru's forum takes a while to load pages like this, not because of the graphics, but because of the number of mysql calls each page has to do. If you see the specs on the right, thats all another 7 db calls per post. Add that to the calls it has to make for the posts themselves, the user info on the left plus the header and footer sections. I do admit its slightly lower, and if i get the time some time next year, i am going to make another skin that is going to be for 56k low res users. It will basically be a really cut down version of this skin. No specs, no fancy gfx, and more emphasis on the quick reply section. I.e. just load one page to read a thread and post in it.
    At the moment i have no time at all.