Automatic Fan Control Problem

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by xenom, Feb 10, 2010.

1. xenom

xenom New Member

GPU:
    ATI / 3870 / 512
    Hey guys,

so i was getting myself an arctic twin turbo for my 3870 as i wanted to lower the temp in my system..mostly so that my room doesn't heat up that much :)

so tho i have had ATT for quite a while i hardly did mess around with fan speeds or overclocking.

my problem now is that i want to adjust the automatic fan speeds, made a profile for it and changed the values so that the fans starts to work with a higher % early on as it is really quiet anyway.
    still as soon as i load the profile and hit apply the fan starts to work at 80% no matter what i do..still i can adjust the values with manuell controle just fine. still i'd love to have it automated so the fans aren't running higher when i am not playing a game.

the search didn't yield any results besides that there are problems with the higher ATi series.

i got an Asus HD 3870 512 mb using vista 64 bit with a gigabyte p35-DS3P

any help appreciated as i am quite new to tweaking that kind of stuff :)

thx in advance
    xen

2. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Well known bug of 3xxx boards.
    Look in atitray.ini, find opt_auto_fan_fix and change the value from 0 to 1. Close ATT before making any changes. Hope ity will help. If not. Try to find updated BIOS for your board

3. xenom

xenom New Member

GPU:
    ATI / 3870 / 512
    thanks for the fast reply :)

well the value is set to 1 already as i installed the fix with the installation.

so you think that it is connected to my motherboard ? well i should be getting a new one later today, maybe it will work then..back to asus, finally hehe.

maybe it is the smart fan option from gigabyte preventing this from working.

xen

4. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Did I say motherboard? No, video board. Try to update BIOS