Aureal Vortex vs Hercules Proohet

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 25, 2001.

1. Please check if both cards are sharing the same IRQ. If so then please place your soundcard into another slot.<P>------------------<BR>Hilbert Hagedoorn - Chief Editor<BR>- "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."

2. Steamer

Steamer Guest

I have a Hercules 3D Prophet (32MB DDR)vid card and recently got an Aureal Vortex II for sound. I run win98 and win2000. They both work well on their own, but they don't get along. With both installed, the moment I configure my monitor to 1024x768, the sound dies, like right in the middle of a song! Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a cure?<BR>Thanks,<BR>Steamer

3. Steamer

Steamer Guest

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steamer:<BR><B>I have a Hercules 3D Prophet (32MB DDR)vid card and recently got an Aureal Vortex II for sound. I run win98 and win2000. They both work well on their own, but they don't get along. With both installed, the moment I configure my monitor to 1024x768, the sound dies, like right in the middle of a song! Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a cure?<BR>Thanks,<BR>Steamer</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I have cards on different IRQ, but problems still there.<P>