AudioTechnica Mx30s w Creative soundblaster 3d recon SC

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by nz3777, Oct 21, 2017.

1. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Well this is my 1st pair of audiotechnica headphones Mx30s granted they are not high-end but for the $70 dollars plus tax I paid for them they Blew my mind as far as sound clairty goes Jesus christ!!! ....I was listening to some Dolby atmos videos on youTube and all I have to say is I am DONE with cheep-ass gaming headphones from now on ( screw that )

In my situation would I benefit from a Headphone amp? Tube style headphone amp to be specific? I just love the way they look lol. As far as Sound goes these cans are so damm loud I can barely crank the volume past 80% honestly!......

My soundcard is Creative audio soundblaster recon 3-d, How much power do you guys think this card puts out and how is the power measured anyway in watts>? I am not an Audiophile like some of you guys here but I think all that is about to change lol.

The cans are very-good I must say,I would rate them at an 8 out of 10, Very comfy to wear, Great Bass, They isolate the outside noise by at least 40-50%. So for $70 bucks I think they are Awsome! My only other higher-end was Sennheiser Hd-280s. These sound a little bit better in my opinion.

2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    going from your current setup to a decked-out external DAC and headphone amp would certainly bring in the jollies, if you also invest in some nice reference grade headphones. (Like say the new Sennheiser HD660S)