Audio Digest thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, Aug 11, 2012.

1. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    If bought it online, the online seller would had gave you the receipt if you asked for it. Unless you didn't buy it off one.

2. Erqury

Erqury Guest

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    Is it just me but I take into consideration warranty when I buy a product and then I always lose the receipt. I need to start scanning and organizing receipts.

3. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I have the receipt... but I don't have the box nor serial number of the product. If I remember correctly this had 1 year warranty from the store (seller is always the first one should contact here). Sennheiser woudl offer some kind of extended warranty but I was too stupid not to register this when I could have. Usually warranty is handled through the store. I could contact the store and ask if they could still do something about it since the warranty period does not terminate liability for defects.

I'm not going to fight it, though. In worst case scenario I can just glue it together and hope that it won't fall apart.

4. Rebel975

Rebel975 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SC+
    This place wants $193 (26% of the cost of the speakers) to upgrade you to Goertz copper foil inductors and Mundorf Supreme caps on the crossover. Do things like that provide an objectively quantifiable difference to the sound?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012

5. jcSihle

jcSihle Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno 3d + POV GTX 580 SLI
    What has really pissed me off recently is saving your hard earned money to buy good gear and have that gear; brand new just give you massive headaches as I've just experienced yesterday when I bought Roccat Kaves and plugged them on my two monthly old Xonar only to be greater with the worst static ever. All the reviews I checked for the Kaves said wonderful things about them and now when I have this problem people are saying Kaves are crap. So what is the best approach if you want the best

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    That's strange. Do they have static on every source or just the soundcard?

7. Mine done the exact same thing.

Twisting/turning them causes the band to push out against the plastic. ..It really can't be avoided.

I used some strong glue and a couple wraps of 3M Rubber tape, awesome stuff and it comes in clear.

8. jcSihle

jcSihle Member Guru

GPU:
    I tried them on my onboard sound card and yes, static

9. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    my hd 555`s are cracking as well, never again will I buy Senn cans

10. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    They sound like they are defective, can you return them?
    Quality is one thing but headphones that offer static tends to suggest a bad egg here.

11. jcSihle

jcSihle Member Guru

GPU:
    I'll return them on Monday

12. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    Lets start a new conversation :)

My left and right ears apparently have different sensitivity. My left ear is slightly more sensitive than the right ear. It's very noticeable when using headphones, the left cup is always sounds a little bit louder and brighter.

When there's a loud sound, like car horn or sound system's feedback, the sound will hurt my left ear but not the right ear.

The difference is not much and very subtle so most of the time it doesn't bother me except when using headphones.

Anybody notice the similar? Or have the explanation about this?

13. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Yeah, I've got the same, also my right eye is better than my left. It's a common thing...

regards,
    RagDoll.

14. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    Yea my right eye also sees brighter. I don't know if that's a common thing, I asked my wife about this and she said she doesn't feel any differences

15. Rebel975

Rebel975 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SC+
    My ears are pretty bad. I have serious earwax problems caused by dry skin in my ear canals (psoriasis). Because of this I usually have some kind of imbalance in my hearing, but it's generally pretty subtle. The main issue I deal with is not hearing enough details. I ask people to repeat what they said far too much. Also, I can only hear up to like 17,000 Hz and I'm only 23 years old. I am lucky though- most people with psoriasis get ear infections all the time, and I've never had one.

I could have my ears professionally cleaned out, but they would only stay that way for a couple weeks. I used an over the counter ear cleaning solution once and I was 90% deaf for a week. It was like it took the stuff a week to evaporate out of my ears. All of a sudden they popped and I could hear like I've never heard before. I'll just stick with manually cleaning them.

I wonder if my opinion on certain speakers/etc. would change if I could hear better.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012

16. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    I hear ya... lol no pun intended :) I sometimes can't hear people when they talk and I'm in a big room, or outside. I'm slow sometimes and not on the ball because of this and it's upsetting for me. However, I've always had a good ear for music.

regards,
    RagDoll.

17. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    I also have 2 different global volumes for my ears, as well as one generally being more sensitive than the other. lol So if I ever put my finger across my nose and blow gently, sounds become louder. A bit similar to popping your ears after a flight, though far less aggressive.

I asked my doc about it when I was a teenager once and she just looked at me weird!

Still, good to know the ear sensitivity thing is normal - always wondered about that.

18. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    I would suggest you ear candle but last time I heard the ear candle therapy is not recommended by many doctors..

Same here, I often ask people to repeat what they say.

It's because when you close your nose and blow the air inside your nose is pressurized and it opens then Eustachian tubes, so your voice travels directly into your ears through the tube and sounds louder. The tube is always closed in normal condition.

The weird thing is, I can open the tubes any time at my will by moving certain muscles. This ability is very very useful when traveling with airplane or to high places. I ask many people and it seems one can do the same.

19. Rebel975

Rebel975 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SC+

I'd be too scared to try it TBH. :paranoid:

20. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Yea one wrong move and no more hearing. At-least you don't have tinnitus. I have it in my left ear from loud noises. Tho I lucky it not bad like those who have it worst then me. I gotten used to it, so even if i hear it in a dead quiet room. It doesn't bother me.