Audigy 2 ZS Driver Installation Guide

Discussion in 'Links' started by Mod Enerjen, Apr 16, 2006.

1. LifeForce

LifeForce Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800 Ultra SLI
    I followed this guide and it worked well, but has something changed where I cannot use all of my speakers without having CMS2 EAX enabled in my EAX panel. The second I turn it off I only get my three front speakers working.

2. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080GX @ 2k/11k
    I have the exact same thing happen. I think it's supposed to be that way. You can only use all your speakers for music listening if you use CMSS. All of your speakers should work in games as long as the game supports 5.1 decoding or whatever.

3. LifeForce

LifeForce Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800 Ultra SLI
    Oh ok...I just find it odd that now I LOSE an ability. Is the third option "Stereo Surround" basically what I had before when I didn't need CMSS enabled? Because with the drivers on my CD I NEVER needed CMSS enables to hear out of all my speakers during normal windows activity.

4. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    That's normal..think if your playing a MP3 or other music it's only stereo..so why would it be playing out of all speakers? this is why you need CMSS3d enabled. if you didn't have it on the only time you would have surround is when your playing surround material-movies or games etc...hope that helps.. I don't understand how you could have all the speakers paying without CMSS enabled..or possibly matrix on your speakers?

5. LifeForce

LifeForce Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800 Ultra SLI
    Well I am sitting here right now and currently have the drivers from the creative disc I got with my dell installed. Looking at the control panel, CMSS 3D is not enabled and no matter what im doing, watching a youtube video, listening to MP3s or whatever, its coming out of all the speakers on my 5.1 setup. As far as I can see, I have absolutely no other options on that could seemingly cause this. My speakers are set to 5.1 as they were in both driver sets. So naturally things felt really odd when I installed the new drivers and was only hearing stuff out of the two in the front. I initially assumed it to be an issue with the drivers. So now after a year, I am apparently left with a completely messed up perspective on what 5.1 is and what my speakers are "supposed" to do.

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Well what speakers do you have? do they have a matriX button? if they do disable it that is what is doing the upmixing..other than that it is a driver issue...

7. LifeForce

LifeForce Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800 Ultra SLI
    I have the Logitech Z-550s and I don't see anything of the sort. Is it probably something that was fixed later? I don't know why such a seemingly obvious issue is on those drivers.

Btw, in the CMSS 3D options, would the third option which says Stereo Surround be a good one to choose if I liked what it was doing before? Cause it seems like thats what I was doing. Also by having CMSS 3D on, would I notice any performance degradation in any applications?

8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Performance degradation no..stereo surround just means what is coming out of the front is sent out the rears aswell. ALot of use use CMSS 2 with the slider half way in the middle..that is a good way to have it well atleast it sound good..

9. LifeForce

LifeForce Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800 Ultra SLI
    Ok. So basically applications that support surround sound should override the control panel right? I don't want movies or applications using the CMSS 3D effects.

One other thing. Why with CMSS on and when using 5.1 in movies are peoples voices really low while all the action and music is booming loud?

Thanks for all your help. I also apologize for hogging up the thread with this.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  10. mooshu

mooshu Member

GPU:
    7900gt 256 pci-e
    audigy zs gamer problem

I recently installed the new drivers from the creative site dated oct 6 06. after installing them I have had NOTHING but problems. The install went fine...or so it seemed. When I restarted it would not recognize the sound card. So, uninstalled
    the new drivers, then tryed going back to my old ones...that would not work eaither. I got the error msg "Windows drivers are up todate." Many more hours of trying to get drivers working later i was feed up and took out the card. I went back to my onboard nforce4 sound. That was not easy aswell. Took me for ever to find the last SB driver. But I got it working :> So here I am now....trying to do youre guide. Went looking on the creative site for those drivers and i can find them anywhere. I did a search for the file name and nothing came up. Anyone have links to all the dirvers? O_O thx for anyhelp.

11. mooshu

mooshu Member

GPU:
    7900gt 256 pci-e
    Hi

Well after some searching i found all the installs. when i install SBA2_WEBUP_EAXC_031230 (EAX Console Update) I get this error "Setup did not
    detect the required componets. Setup will exit." Thats all i can take...goodnight

12. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Drivers are usualy tricky and no drivers are worse than soundcard drivers..vry hard to mess with. Anyway get yourself driver cleaner. Remove all Creative related material. Then use Driver cleaner to remove the rest. Then install all the drivers off your disk your want. Then install the updates from Creatives should be fine.. I will Pray for you..lol

13. mooshu

mooshu Member

GPU:
    7900gt 256 pci-e
    Yeah i tryed that :( I used www.drivercleaner.net. btw just got back from the store, got a new "x-fi gamer" gonna try it out ^_^

14. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Let us Know how it goes..

15. mooshu

mooshu Member

GPU:
    7900gt 256 pci-e
    Ok I bought this new card. on the box its just called X-Fi Xtremegamer. I cleaned my reg with Registry mechanic, checked and rechecked for any old drivers........IT STILL WILL NOT RECONGIZE MY CARD. I also tryed all my pci slots.... so wtf is wrong!!!! :<<

16. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2006
  17. mooshu

mooshu Member

GPU:
    7900gt 256 pci-e
    I did use the drivers on the Disk....install wnet fine till i rebooted...then it would not recognize my card....so here I am now at a lost...What the hell am i missing!?

18. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    This is a strange one..two cards can't be defective..so what's going on with your PCI bus? when you reboot what happens? your card is question marked or exclamation mark?...what does your device manager look like any ? or ! on any devices? something is jamming on install perhaps upgrading your Chipset drivers. DO you have other PCI devices? Did you disable onboard sound?
    check your bios and make sure everything is cool there. Something is definatley out of place..

19. mooshu

mooshu Member

GPU:
    7900gt 256 pci-e
    btw which is a better card my audigy 2 ZX gamer or this new one? the audigy 2 does have x-fi, but i always thought i was kinda a buggy when playing some games.

20. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Basically what I read is this card is NOT very good, doesn't seem much better than a Audigy 2..it does not contain EAX 5.0 and other things..if I was you I would 86 that card...but if you want to keep it that's good to.