Audigy 1 to Audigy 2

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by pantsmachine, Dec 31, 2004.

1. pantsmachine

pantsmachine Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 260gtx
    I've got an Audigy 1 running. I've had it for about a year and its good. Now i'm wondering if its worthwhile upgrading to an Audigy 2. Is there a noticable difference, anyone out there done this upgrade and can say what they think? I want good sound and zero performance hit in games if possible.

2. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLI
    I wouldnt bother really mate. Dont think you would notice a huge difference. Wait until creative release another set of cards and upgrade then.

3. spectraman

spectraman Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 560ti
    If you want a performance boost try the KX drivers. The link is around here some where.

4. Coolppl

Coolppl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForceFX 5600 VIVO 128MB
    I'd go straight to the Aud 2 ZS and fly past the Audigy 2 since the point of softmodding right now is to use the Audigy 2 ZS's kick ass drivers from Creative

as for sound quality difference THX certification may mean some enhancement to the soundcard overall and not just the specifications themself

There is no such thing as no performance hit unless you want no sound lol but the Audigy 2 ZS so far is the best least CPU intensive card ever made if you were to only want HW mode and not HW + EAX 1, 2, 3 or 4

5. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    use the Your Paq Softmod which works with Audigy 1 aslong it aint the ES nor the LS vers. the softmod turns the A1 into a A2.

that way u get a Audigy 2 for free ;)

6. pantsmachine

pantsmachine Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 260gtx
    Thats news, i have never heard of your paq softmod. I'll go google and find out about it.Thanks.