Audigy 1 question!

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by degadi, Sep 4, 2005.

1. degadi

degadi Member Guru

GPU:
    Chaintech AA6800 12/6 @ 405/900
    Hello guys... I got a question for u.... I got an AUDIGY sound card, but i don´t know if it´s an ES or LS card... how can do i know if it is ES, LS or none of them?

when i install the drivers and check the hardware i only see AUDIGY... on my card i don´t read ES or LS anywhere... on audioHQ i see my audio device as SB AUDIGY (B800).

My card has the "firewire" port in the back.

I downloaded and installed the SBA_EAX4DRV_031031.exe and it worked... Then i installed the new AUDIOHQ and i was able to play games and listen to music, but some EAX enviroments didn´t work anymore.

What do u guys can tell me about this? Does this card will be able to play EAX 4.0? What about 7.1 with that "ZS MOD"?

Does anybody know where i can find the A2-ZS-PAX.exe (ZS MOD) for the card?

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 4, 2005
  2. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5600XT
    Easiest way to find out which Audigy you have, is to pull the card and Google the model number. It is located near the top right hand corner of the card, looks like SB0160 (mine which is an Audigy ES).

As far as using the PAX drivers, I was using them until the X-Fi drivers became available. Now I am running them instead. See this thread for how to install them,

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149976

You can download them from here or directly from Creative/Soundblaster.com.

3. degadi

degadi Member Guru

GPU:
    Thanks, i am gonna check that... but this x-fi drivers seems to lack EAX.... I really need EAX....

i guess PAX will be better for me... at least for now..

4. degadi

degadi Member Guru

GPU:
    I just checked and mine is SB0090, what appears to be the normal Audigy... not LS/ES, what seems good :-D.

Does anybody know where i can find the best drivers for this card? I need EAX...

5. michealace82

michealace82 Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X BFG GTX 285 OCE 1GB
  6. degadi

degadi Member Guru

GPU:
    I just did that, and it recommended the SBA_EAX4DRV_031031.exe update that i already have... Thanks.

7. Willy Boy

Willy Boy Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek PX 7800gtx x2 sli
    After installing same drivers as you did i then installed from this...

AUDDRVPACK_L11

I have same Sb0090 & Eax works fine on mine it does show 7.1 but dont think it really is !