ATT wont start at all, and i get error 00000(some numbers) popup

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion' started by Hawk Forest, May 31, 2011.

1. Hawk Forest

Hawk Forest New Member

GPU:
    Asus Radeon 9550 128MB
    First i want to say hello to everybody.

(yes, i've tried search but nothing came up)

I was searching web last night and bump on this guide: http://www.tweakguides.com/ATICAT_2.html and decided to get rid of annoying CCC to try ATT to tweak a bit asus radeon 9550 128MB 128bit card.

Compaq d310 p4 2.0 all integrated components - yes, i know that this PC is stuck far away in the past, but i want it to work the best it can. If you can help me to get ATT up and running, so i could continue using mentioned guide, i would be very grateful.

Services: http://www.dodaj.rs/?42/ZA/3VDAvcLG/.jpg , i've done clean driver install from here: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx , it's 10.2 catalyst ver. Latest ver. for this card i guess. Full package setup, but this time i've unchecked CCC during install.

This desktop PC has integrated some crappy nvidia card, but as i didn't install any drivers for it, system doesn't recognize it at all.
    I've done:
    Start>Run and typing cmd
    Set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
    Devmgmt.msc
    View menu and selected Show Hidden Devices - but there is no visible presence of integrated video card, so i think that's not the problem here.

I'm out of ideas what could be the prob. and i really don't want to go back with CCC that's eating already limited resources. I'd rather skip doing tweaking at all, and leave it all default, without CCC ofc.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  2. Hawk Forest

Hawk Forest New Member

GPU:
    Asus Radeon 9550 128MB
    Hello, anyone alive here?

3. Hawk Forest

Hawk Forest New Member

GPU:
    Asus Radeon 9550 128MB
    Well, thank you very much for your reply. It helped me a lot.
    Why don't you just delete my thread when it's so hard to give any sort of answer? "We don't know" would be just fine for me to move along. That way i won't check this page every day and get disappointed each time. Goodbye.

4. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Do you think that people sit here every day and night and waiting to question to answer? This is public forum, not the support forum of company. So don't expect immediate answer.

As about your problem. Because your video board is very old, I don't think I will ever be able to test it. And you will receive nothing from ATT for such old board. What exactly do you want to do?

5. Hawk Forest

Hawk Forest New Member

GPU:
    Asus Radeon 9550 128MB
    Sorry, i think i saw moderator/administrator activity on this forum every day, so i thought that you people just ignoring me. As you can see, time difference between my first and last post is more than 7 days. I hope that explains my disappointment.

As i already said, i just want to know why ATT won't start on that machine, and to help me get it up and running. Is it because it needs one of that services i've turned off or something? ATT support list includes this video board anyway. ATT is much better solution than CCC so i wanted to give it a try. I plan to use ATT on newest ATI GPU based video boards, so i want to start learning its possibilities without destroying some expensive piece of hardware, if you know what i mean. :D

I'm sorry if i offended anyone here. Anyway, i didn't expected any answer at all, especially from the creator of such great tool. I hope you can find some time to post in this thread again. With such knowledge it shouldn't be problem for you to find out why it won't start. That PC is clean, and everything is working fine. If you need more info about system configuration or error itself, please let me know. Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  6. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    First please give more information about your system, os.
    Do you have latest DirectX installed?

7. Hawk Forest

Hawk Forest New Member

GPU:
    Asus Radeon 9550 128MB

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  8. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Sorry , but I really can no help you with this problem. Although support for old boards are still exists in ATT, their is no guarantee that it will work. The last time I did something for such boards was about 5 years ago. And now its near impossible to find computer with same configuration to test it.

9. Hawk Forest

Hawk Forest New Member

GPU:
    Asus Radeon 9550 128MB
    Ok man, thanks anyway. You can close the thread. ;)