ATT overclock crashes yet CCC works fine

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion' started by Drash, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Drash

Drash New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 512MB DS
    Great app Ray does everything I need in one small package, just got a query rather than a compaint - I just can't figure this one out!

Can anyone explain why (using CCC 6.9) I can set Overdrive to 690 core, from the default 621 (keeping mem at the default 747) and using ATT OSD everything seems to switch ok and I can play Broken Sword fine (and GRAW etc all day long). Yet if I disable ATI Poller and then set ATT to do auto overclocking with a 3D profile of 690/747 I get major graphics corruption and lock-up as soon as the game starts! Surely it should be the same thing, or are things happening "behind the scenes" that I don't know about.

Thanks guys.

2. Concorde Rules

Concorde Rules Active Member

GPU:
    ATi HD4870 512Mb 825/1075
    Setting correct voltages?

1.375V Core, 2.089V mem.

3. Drash

Drash New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 512MB DS
    Thanks CR - I used the graphing function and saw that CCC increases the voltage regulator o/p from 1.3V to 1.4V so I incorporated this same jump in my profiles and now it works. Excellent!

My card doesn't seem to display an o/p for the mem voltage that I can graph so I just left that at the 2.097V value that ATT says is the current one (for both 2D and 3D).

4. Durzel

Durzel Member

GPU:
    HIS X1900XT & HIS X1900 XFire
    Does CCC actually instantly switch the clocks up to the ones you select in CCC? I always assumed it did it gradually and backed off if the temperature got too high?

5. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Thats correct for old Overdrive versions. For Overdrive 3 Catalyst increase speeds for 3D applications, but also checks temperature and if it will be more than maximum allowed for 3D level if will drops clocks to 2D state