ATT + MLAA/Catalyst/Radeonpro

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by lazyanon, Oct 23, 2010.

1. lazyanon

lazyanon New Member

GPU:
    ati+sapphire/5670/512mb
    i'm just going to post this ahead of time

as you may or may not know, with the 6xxx cards coming out, the big thing is that they're adding in MLAA into catalyst and with radeonpro, you can adjust the settings per application

i'm just wondering as someone who does not use the catalyst software and manage video card settings with ATT, how would this work with ATT

i'm getting the impression that you need catalyst for it to work, but people right now are using regedit to get MSAA working on 5xxx cards

2. XibaD

XibaD Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7850 2Gb
    It will be implemented in the next versions of Catalyst drivers for the 5xxx series to use it. Radeonpro will soon be updated to support MLAA feature (I think that for all 5xxx and 6xxx series). But right now the only way to go is with CCC + 6xxx or CCC+5xxx+registry/.ini fix.

I tried it yesterday and it does work with StarCraft II, but this MLAA thing makes all more blurry (rounded) and less sharp, specially in the fonts. The effect is similar from what you get when you play an emulator game and select a video filter plugin like SuperEagle or hq2x or 3x.

3. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Hello all
    Here is new beta build 1.7.9.1496
    http://cid-a50350ea7a969f0c.office.live.com/self.aspx/Public/attsetup.exe

[-] D3D Force RefreshRate option has been removed. Doesn't work any more. Try to use Refresh Overrider in ATT.

[+] Updated support for HD5xxx series. New AA modes have been included. Please recreate your 3D profiles if you have HD5xxx video board

Implemented full support for all AA modes for HD5xxx including new Morphological filtering.

Please test and give your feedback. For best compatibility I suggest you to recreate your 3D profiles

4. XibaD

XibaD Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7850 2Gb
    Tha was unexpected... Thank you very much Ray! Testing.

5. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    This is just for your info. I know you have no way of testing. But thanks for this :)

With the 6870 it locks up my system everytime. Now my other with 5870 works perfect.