ATT last builds discussions.

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    2 polyluxx -Mazy be you selected higher voltage than your standard 3D voltage. Nothing to warry about if you don't get any crashes :)

2 Formula350 -
    No. I can not such changes in ATT to support independent clocks for cards. Design limitation.

I'm not sure such changes ever will be in ATT for newest boards. X1xxx has a lot of good things to play with, but not HD 3/4/5 :)

I already wrote about it. There are no way to actually detect is this AA from driver or implemented by game engine. And why you need preview? :) AA will looks different in different games.

Limitation of driver itself. I don't use internal controller (in HD 5xxx) to override voltage, but MSI AB does it.

Why not to use search before asking? I answered already.

I think they does works with any CF, but can not be absolutely sure about it. I never tested them with Hybrid configurations.

Can I assume you already tested ATT and something went wrong? If, yes. Tell me more.

2. Snooc

Snooc Member

GPU:
    XFX 5850 1GB
    Hi ray! First of all, I'd like to thank you for still supporting this great app, but I do have one little sneaky request for you..

Read my thread here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=322819

Is there any possabillity that you could try to fix this for us ATI users? Would be really appreciated!

3. Formula350

Formula350 Member

GPU:
    2x ASUS CUcore 5770
    Well the reason I'm interested in something to accurately display the effects of AA is because I am having a tough time seeing the difference in-game. Now I will admit since my whole computer isn't setup fully yet, that I've only tested it in GRID and slightly in NFS: Shift, but I can't really tell any difference in IQ. GRID might be totally limited to not being able to over-ride the game's AA settings with that of the driver's, but given that changing the "AA Mode" from Adaptive to Super Sample impacts the performance, it almost seems like the driver settings should still work. IF that is the case, then I can't tell any difference between 8x and 16x along with all the methods (narrow, wide and edge) :\

Is there any plan for ATT to be able to control voltages in hardware?

Thanks for the answers, I appreciate it! :thumbup:

EDIT: While this is the first result I've looked into, which sadly ended up being for MacOS, this is pretty much exactly what I was interested in for the AA app/plugin test. If I was a coder I'd look into trying to port the source (bottom of the Texture AA page), alas I'm not :( Anything think they'd be able to? ^_^
    http://homepage.mac.com/arekkusu/bugs/invariance/index.html

Only downside is that is only for OGL and I don't know if ATi's AA methods are universal between D3D and OGL, but I would assume so...

That reminds me, no comment on the limited AA options in ATT while in CF? (8x is the most available)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  4. f0xx

f0xx Member

GPU:
    Gainward HD4870 GS 512MB
    I tested ATT and nothing went wrong, it just doesnt do anything, doesnt react to the changes I do.

System Information says unkown 10B0 in the subvendor, I suppose its not detecting the GPU..

5. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Thanks for this great tool.

Is there any news on getting hue/saturation sliders to work with 5XXX series cards anytime ?
    Or is it a feature that cannot be implemented.

I'd really like to adjust my colour saturation, but dont want to install that CCC bloat !!!

6. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Be more specific, please. What exactly doesn't work.

7. f0xx

f0xx Member

GPU:
    Gainward HD4870 GS 512MB
    I cant force Anti-Aliasing, I cant force refresh rate, etc etc

I can force AA in ME2 with CCC, just have to rename the .exe to UT3 turn AI to advanced and thats it, but I cant do that with ATT, it gives me the impression that ATT isnt detecting, properly, my GPU :(

Thanks

8. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    No need for ATT to know your GPU to enable AA. if you can force AA with CCC you definitely can do the same with ATT

9. f0xx

f0xx Member

GPU:
    Gainward HD4870 GS 512MB
    After I install ATT, its ready to use?

I did a game profile and its not working, any clue whats the issue here?

10. BrutuZ

BrutuZ Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk TF3/OC
    Hey Ray, i just updated ATT from a rather old version (i believe it was released somewhere between december and february) to check if you had implemented one request i made on January, but the odd is that after i installed this newer version, my card temp. went up about 5ºC on idle. Any guess on what may have caused this? I don't use ATT table to manage my fan though, i baked a ROM for that purpose so that i could use the Transfer Function.

11. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Already answered many times. When you use overclocking in ATT you killing PowerPlay functionality of driver. So in 2D your temperature can be a bit higher.

12. BrutuZ

BrutuZ Member

GPU:
    I realize that PowerPlay is off, if it weren't i wouldn't be able to underclock to 160:209 to get lower temp. and power consumption. Or is PowerPlay responsible for managing the fan speed too?
    I noticed now that "Automatic depended on temperature" is selected by default, with the other version both this and the fixed option would stay unselected unless i changed manually, does this mean that it overrides the BIOS fan control to ATT's even thought the FAN settings aren't saved to my profiles?

Just to note, with the "old" version the reported idle temp. was around 45ºC, with the new one it's 50ºC

13. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    PowerPlay also intended to turn off some parts of GPU for power consumption. Without PP all parts of ATT works even in 2D cloks and of course you got higher temperature.

If you don't touch FAN it will not be overrided.

14. BrutuZ

BrutuZ Member

GPU:
    Alright then, thanks for the enlightment :)

15. f0xx

f0xx Member

GPU:
    Gainward HD4870 GS 512MB
    OK, Ive reinstalled ATT, did a gameprofile for mass effect 2, changed exe to UT3.exe, set AI to standard/advanced forced AA, and it didnt work.

What did I do wrong?

16. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I don't know. Really.

17. f0xx

f0xx Member

GPU:
    Gainward HD4870 GS 512MB
    :S

Ok thanks anyway ^^

18. AHPD

AHPD Active Member

GPU:
    R9 Fury Tri-X @4096SP
    About PowerPlay with ATT, if you want to restore it, just click the damn "SET DEFAULTS CLOCK" button.
    Or do like me. Do your own PowerPlay.

My GFX came clocked at 800/925Mhz in 3D, and 500/925 while in PowerPlay mode. But those clocks for some crappy games and Windows Desktop is still overkill for such.

Then i make a profile with really low clocks, 250/250, and make ATT load those profiles at startup.
    Then, i create some other profiles, with variated clocks, like 500/450, 625/500, and so on.

And i create profiles for the games i play more oftenly. "Before" stands for the clocks i wish to run it and "After", stands for my neat 250/250.
    So i enhance PowerPlay in my own way. Use your brains a little people.

If someone wishes to see what crap i've done, i uploaded a backup of my profiles. Change the extension from .txt to .reg and merge it with our registry.
    Then finally look into the profiles i created. If you guys think i play my games with my factory overclocked clocks, you all guessed wrong.

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    With the 10.3 and later drivers, Mass Effect 2 does not need to be renamed to force AA, at least it doesn't on my setup. Have you tried forcing AA with the default MassEffect2 executable? AA worked fine for me in 10.3, 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6 beta drivers.

20. BrutuZ

BrutuZ Member

GPU:
    Way ahead, i keep my card underclocked at 160/209. The fact is that ATT overrides PowerPlay, and for some reason that i can't fully understand, and honestly don't care that much, the card's average temp. while underclocked increased about 5ºC when i upgraded my ATT version, despite using the exact same profiles. But again, Ray already explained that, and i reckon 48~50ºC is an acceptable idle temp.