ATT last builds discussions.

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Apr 25, 2010.

1. gsbueno

gsbueno Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD HD 6870
    I can say that it works (at least for me) because if I try to play with the vcore I set (1,005) in ATT, with gpuz running, it shows the VCC jumping from 0,95 (2D) to 1,005. Also, if I set 0,95 for the stock 3D frequencies (900/1050) my PC freezes and I have to restart it.

Let's see if this is working in yours too!

2. flapane

flapane Member

GPU:
    Sapphire/hd5670/512MB
    If your PC freezes with 3d frequencies and 2d voltage, then it's working well on 6870, but not on 5670. :(

3. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Unfortunately no. This is just GUI for ATI's internal encoder

4. gsbueno

gsbueno Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD HD 6870

5. Hancoque

Hancoque Member

I've observed a strange behaviour. Until now I never used CCC, only the driver, installed via INF-file in the device manager. In ATT this gave me two separate 3D options entries in its menu, one for Direct3D and one for OpenGL. While tweaking RAGE (id Software's new game) I wanted to enable VSync in OpenGL but noticed that it didn't work, so I installed CCC with which it worked. But then I noticed that ATT had changed. Suddenly there was only one 3D options entry in its menu, for both Direct3D and OpenGL apparently. I also noticed that the registry section for the video settings (...\0000\UMD) had many new entries that weren't there before. So there seem to be two driver modes, while the second driver mode is activated after running CCC for the first time.

I haven't tested it, but this might also be the reason why profile based MLAA didn't work for me. In this new mode I also noticed that the triple buffering option for OpenGL is broken. It's always unchecked and changing it doesn't seem to have any effect.

All in all, I'd really like to know what's going on here. ;)

6. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    2 gsbueno - Did you set to load 2D profile automatically at start up? If not, then when you start Windows clocks are equal to 2D, after exiting game driver may set 2d , but may not set :)
    And about 3D profiles. If you load it, it will remains even if you start game.

7. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    2 Hancoque - Driver itself uses merged mode when CCC installed, and separate mode when not. But I do not recommend to use old separate mode because driver may not use all old settings. Do even if you don't have CCC installed you should switch to CCC compatibility mode in ATT's advanced tweaks.

8. totya

totya Guest

GPU:
    Asus EAH4850 512MB
    Hi Ray!

Hi, I think this is very important information, many users use ATT because don't like CCC. I never install CCC too. I think ask this settings when ATT installed... similar to other installer question...

So why I write now, first, old "problem" with ATT, OSD can't show video memory usage under Vista/Win7. U wrote this impossible. Now I see, new GPU-Z can show this information. (Win7 x64)

Second, my ATI fan BIOS settings is modified, and good for me. But if I change ocerlock profile, fan settings is applied, but I don't want this. Possible checbox on overlocking/fan tab "use original bios fan settings" ?

Thanks for this excellent app.

9. WKjun

WKjun Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 7950
    Hi!

While installing ATT the tweak option "Force Apply Clocks" is unchecked by default. After the installation and a look into atitray.ini I find it active. Is it a bug or deliberateness?

opt_force_apply_clocks=1

PS: I have a HD 6850 with Catalyst 11.9, a clean Win7 Pro x64 SP1 installation and the latest ATT beta v1.7.9.1571.

10. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I think I will force this option upon installation.

I know this. GPU-z use undocumented function of DX subsystem to do it. I don't have such information yet.

Hmm. If you don't touch fan it should not be applied and will remains in automatic mode. I don't use FAN control on my system and FAN works like it supposed to work by BIOS parameters.

I will check it

11. totya

totya Guest

GPU:
    Asus EAH4850 512MB
    Hi! Thanks for answers.

If ATT is update install, this is not "force". Or if driver installed (without CCC) "Enable merged 3D mode" change to unchek.

My all overlocking profiles last char is C, without F (fan settings). But if I click hardware menu and I select any profile, ATT fan settings is applied, I'm absolutely sure, because fan duty cycle, and few times later, temperature is changed. New fan duty cycle is equal to ATT/hardware/overlocking settings/fan settings (for me automatic radio button selected).

12. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    default is auto, if you don't change it it will remains in auto mode. I don't understand what you see when you select overclocking profile. How you can be sure that fan is applied if you didn't change fan. Applied to which settings?

13. totya

totya Guest

GPU:
    Asus EAH4850 512MB
    Hi!

I think my last post is clean. If I select profile, I see this. Profiles under red box.

After select profile, I see, fan speed is changed. I see this information on GPU-Z or ATT/hardware/monitoring graphs. Temperature too changed, because fan speed is changed.

After starting windows, without ATT, I see this.

After starting windows, with ATT (no load profile at startup), I see this.

These fan speed equal to video card BIOS settings.

After I select OC profile, example 500/750, I see this.

This is not video card BIOS fan speed, this is ATT (auto) fan speed.

I want (my request) BIOS fan settings is remain, if I select any profile.

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  14. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Just checked code and found that for HD version of Radeons ATT read and the set again FAN mode if you didn't include FAN in profile. As I can remember I did it because FAN resets to very strange values after set clocks. May be if was fixed now in newest hardware so I can remove this part of code. But I need to check it

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  15. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Ok. It seems that this behavior is still exists. So I can not remove this part of code or manual mode for fan will be set to auto after applying clocks by driver itself. And it seems that only on your board ATT set wrong FAN values. :(

16. BrutuZ

BrutuZ Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk TF3/OC
    Just out of curiosity, does your 4850 use the reference FAN?
    I was thinking that maybe Asus somehow "tweaked" it and therefore is causing ATT to behave strangely.
    I too had a modded vBIOS on my HIS HD4870 512Mb, and ATT profiles only affected clocks and voltage as set. The FAN was still controlled by the BIOS.

17. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
  18. totya

totya Guest

GPU:
    Asus EAH4850 512MB
    Hi, thanks for answer!

19. luxy68

luxy68 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5770 1Go
    hello Ray Adams,

It seems that there is a problem with the 1573 version and the auto-overclocking (2D profil to 3D profil)

when reinstall the 1571 version, it's working good

20. pipes

pipes Member Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4080 frostbite
    what is last version ATT?