ATT first Vista32 version!

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Feb 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Uploaded new beta version build 1015. ( Same location :) )
    Improved Vista support with UAC enabled.

2. Marvie

Marvie New Member

GPU:
    Asus X850XT
    WoW Super I will try it tonight and let you know!!
    Thanx for your super support!!

3. talon_262

talon_262 Member

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 3870 512MB
    BTW, Ray, thanks for the Vista port of ATT....it's been slow going, but as of the Cat 7.3's and the latest ATT Vista beta, I can do just about everything I could in XP just as well, with a few minor exceptions (more a beef with ATI and Microsoft than anyone else).

I certainly appreciate your hard work and look forward to even better revisions of ATT down the road :)

4. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    aaaaaannnd I'm subscribed. Thanks for the work Ray. Even though ccc has gotten a little better your tool is WAY better for what I need it to do.

5. Marvie

Marvie New Member

GPU:
    Asus X850XT
    I installed the new Beta version under Administrator login and then a reboot....
    And yes it works without any problem or blocking at auto start up!!

Once again thanks for your support and this great tool.

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

He did. He has purchased VeriSign signature, which costed $499 (for one year). And that's the only way. Check SpeedFan blog:

http://www.speedfanblog.com/?p=5#comment-144

It is great that he was able to do it, but now all freeware tool developers are able to invest such amount of money in the hobby every year. Tell thanks to mICRO$OFT.

7. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    WOW! He really did it? But after one year he should pay again same amount ? :(

_________
    To all

Uploaded new beta version (build 1017)
    + Added option to prevent ATT from reseting Windows color profile at start up
    + removed debug check windows

8. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Yep, signature's lifetime period is one year. Ater that, the signature is blocked and you've to pay $500 again. But there are discounts if you purchase the signature for a few years at once. E.g. 1 year VeriSign signature costs $499, 2 years - 2 * $449 and so on.

Funniest thing is that in fact you pay for nothing. Seeing initial MS promotianal statements, telling users that kernel driver code signing is aimed to imporve OS security, I imagined driver signing in the following way:

1) You send driver binaries
    2) Driver signer analyzes the code to be signed for threats _then_ signs it if it is safe

But in reality everything is much simplier: you just pay money, confirm your identity, get a private key allowing you to sing _anything_ you wish during signature's lifetime period. So anything including spyware or virus can be easily signed if the developer have money.
    Driver signing is nothing about safety. Just a thing to get more profits into M$ pocket.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  9. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    You right :)

10. freeza

freeza New Member

Hey Ray, thanks for your efforts on making ATT work with vista64.

Below is a screenshot,

I am unable to start the driver, latest build, 1.3.6.1024 Beta.

Any ideas?

[​IMG]

11. nabla666

nabla666 New Member

I am under Vista64.
    I found the file certmgr.msc which seems to do the same job than certmgr.exe.
    I exported and imported the "root agency" certificate but without any success on the launching of ATT (136.1024)
    Boot with "disabling digital signature" enables ATT to work however.
    Is there an easy way to automatically disable "digital signature" ?

12. qpilin

qpilin New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon X800GTO@XL 256MB
    Thanks for greatful tweaker tool, Ray!
    I always use it on win xp and it works very stable. But with Vista Ultimate x64 I got some issues. First of all, switching ALT+TAB or WIN+TAB or CTRL+ESC key combination from game started through profile with some changed quality settings and gamma correction offen hangs my system succesfully. With ATT unloaded those operations works correctly but may be It cause also when 3D desktop enabled and preffered switching from OpenGL to Direct3D (as I able to verify). I can't find this problem on issues listed in Catalyst driver release notes so it probably matters with ATT game profile settings. Catalyst 7.3 + beta 1.3.6.1024 installed. Then after restart I've got 60Hz refresh If ATT starts automatically. If I quit the games which started with no desktop resolution overrided (to desktop) in their profiles I got same 60Hz. And OSD information does not work too (only fps displayed) even if I install latest SpeedFan and use data from it.
    Anyway I hope that's the only problems that I found. Rest of other features works perfectly, except my unused or listed as unsupported before.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  13. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    2 qpilin - I don't understand 50% of your problems :) Try to be more informative. For about FlashOSD, if FPS works, it will works too. Also refresh override functionality in D3D/OGL settings will not work under Vista. Use RefreshLock functionality.

14. willardjuice

willardjuice Active Member

GPU:
    4870 X2
    Ray, I tried this method (downloaded CertMgr.exe, etc) and I still can't get the driver to start in Vista x64. :(

Any ideas?

EDIT: nvm, it works! But Crossfire support could still some work, I'll go post in the other thread about that though.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  15. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    CrossFire under Vista are not supported in AT yet. Still trying to find whats difference in Catalyst procedures for Vista and for old systems.

16. willardjuice

willardjuice Active Member

GPU:
    4870 X2
    Well it's pretty close to working fully, it just has some kinks on start up (and obviously the lack of CF AA modes, but I'm aware that you still have to implement that, not a big deal). I posted more details in the other thread when you have a chance Ray, no rush.

17. wudaoyou

wudaoyou New Member

Unfortunately, I still can run ATT on my imac that is running vista 32bit. I’ve already upgrade my driver to ver.7.3. But I get a message box said “ Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000.” and access violation at address 0051ce73 in module ‘atitray.exe’. Read of address 00000004 after I click the icon of ATT.
    That is so strange that I am totally confused.:cops: :cops: :cops: :behead:

18. Guz

Guz Active Member

GPU:
    680gtx sli
    Ray any chance you can try to force v-sync in vista? This is a big deciding factor apart from bugs in drivers for me to dual boot and keep using winxp instead.

19. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Hmm. I never use VSync so I don't know is it work or not :) Let me check ti first

20. Darkmaya

Darkmaya New Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon X1650Pro 512MB
    Hi there :)

Downloaded your great tools (used it on my XP machine before), but now there are errors on Vista 32 :(
    [​IMG]
    Hope there is any help for my problem.

Greetings from Germany,
    Darkmaya

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.