ATT beta with HD 3xxx (and may be 2xxx) support

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    No. What is that? new chip or just new name for old one? :)

2. Linkintones

Linkintones Member

GPU:
    PowerColor HD 3850 AGP 837/1035MHz
    Ok, now I've tried with installing/uninstalling:
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable

I've also tried to replace the "msvcrt.dll" with different versions, but I still get the same error! The only "fix" that works for me is to use an older version of ATT. Is there something else that I can try? I really want to use the latest version of ATT! :)

By the way, the error-message pops-up everytime I launch "atitray.exe".

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  3. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Sorry, I have no idea whats wrong.

4. Linkintones

Linkintones Member

GPU:
    I don't know if this may help as you say that you do not use C++, but I've read that the error-message should dissapear if you "Disable C++ exception handling by the compiler option".

5. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I use C++ in suport.dll, raphook.dll. But as you can see no one has any problems. :)

6. Bhairava

Bhairava Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 5850
    Nobody knows yet, but i think probably is the previously announced (and then removed) A12 revision of RV670 with better silicon, able to reach 1000mhz.

Very intresting due to its price, that, in my opinion, should be around 130-150 dollars.

7. Linkintones

Linkintones Member

GPU:
    No one but me! :-(

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  8. Hellknight[FA]

Hellknight[FA] Member

GPU:
    GeForce 1060 GTX
    Some small bugs in the current version (without CCC installed):

1. In "merged 3D-Mode" (OpenGL and D3D in one Panel) some options like "3:2 Pulldown" or "Triple Buffering" don't remain checked. You have to disable this mode (seperate panels for OGL and D3D) to get this options saved. The orginal CCC saves this options...

2. A small cosmetic bug: When you disable the merged 3D-Mode (OGL and D3D in seperate panels) there is a empty line in the tray icon's tooltip (the first line). In catalyst emulation mode everything is allright.

Greetings

Timo

9. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    2 Hellknight[FA] - First of all. Why not to try search before postings "bugs"? :)

1. This is not bug. Use search. I really to lazzy to answer hundreds of times to the same questions about 3d and other settings in CCC mode.

2. Not a bug. This is beta version, is not it? :) I just trying to make new version of tray tooltip, but because I never use non merged mode (and I do not recommend to use it to anyone!) I didn't fix it for non CCC compatible mode.

10. talon_262

talon_262 Member

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 3870 512MB
    Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out...

11. Hellknight[FA]

Hellknight[FA] Member

GPU:
    GeForce 1060 GTX

Sorry to bother you again Ray :(

I did the search and found an excerpt of your F.A.Q which is the following:

Why setting 3D settings in ATT shows no effect in the CCC/CP settings? May be ATT unable to set correct 3D settings?

- I wrote about it a lot of times. There are nothing wrong with ATT, the problem in ATI CP or CCC because both CP and CCC doesn't show real 3D settings from registry, but instead of this they show last changed, by user, value in GUI. And store these values in separate location just for their use, not for Catalyst driver. ATT change 3D settings in right registry path, but ATT will not update CP or CCC "last set" values. Why I have to do their job? If ATI developers decided that no one else can change 3D settings and there are no needs to display values from RIGHT registry path its their problems , not mine. If you don't believe ATT, do not use it . Or just check it with small 3D applications or games, not with CP/CCC.

If I understand this right the "Merged 3D Mode" wasn't supposed to run if no ATI CCC is installed (if CCC is installed CCC does the major adjustments - ATT's job is to change settings "on the fly" if neccessary but this settings are not saved - they are only active until the system is restarted. If you want to make "longer lasting" adjustments you have to use the CCC).

If you want to run ATT withount CCC you have to disable the "Merged 3D Mode" if I'm right (only in this mode all settings will be saved!).

The problem is that you don't support this mode (as you stated in your answer to my posting).

Is it possible to add a 3rd mode like "CCC Behaviour" for people without CCC which saves the settings and has the same looking like the "Merged 3D Mode" (if the non-merged mode supports saving of adjustments I think it should be possible to do the same for this new mode (or am I wrong :D))?

Please don't misunderstand me but I try to understand the purpose of ATTs behaviour not to save some settings in CCC mode. So please don't be angry.

Greetings and continue you exceptional work on this "new CCC" :)

Timo

12. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    No. No needs to do this. ATT has option to load last used 3D profile this will help with 3D settings. But not with Avivo of Overlays.

I'm not angry on you, just stupid ATI's developers! Why the heck Catalyst MUST resets 3D and other settings when CCC installed (or CCC mode enabled) but keep them in non CCC mode?
    I really just don't want to do their job , but it seems I will be forced. As I said at this moment ATT can restore last used 3D profile so this is just first step :)

13. Hellknight[FA]

Hellknight[FA] Member

GPU:
    GeForce 1060 GTX
    thank you for the answer :)

Didn't know that there is a option to restore the last profile - will check it :D. And for the 3:2 Pulldown checkbox - I can live with that (if a dvd requires it for best quality there are only a few clicks to do :) )

Greetings

Timo

14. Mag1cWalker

Mag1cWalker New Member

GPU:
    Asus HD 2900 XT 512-bit 512-mb
    Hi

So there is working solution to run ATT on Vista 64?
    I read thread about it, but i cant find clear working solution...

Thanks for replies

Sorry for my english

edit: nvm i found it, but i just wondering if test mode have any disandvatage when running... thanks

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  15. nfkru

nfkru Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 1GB GDDR5
    There was a solution (using a program called "atsiv") but M$ as revoked its certificate...so now it wasn't possible to run it :bang:

Anyone knows Windows Defender update which revoked atsiv certificate ??
    If we know then we can remove it ! Or not ?!

16. mspeedo

mspeedo New Member

GPU:
    ATI HD3650 512 MB
    Hi, Ray pls make an option to ignore fan speed control in overclocking section, because now when i use overclock in ATT, automatically is applied ATT software fan speed (manual or automatic mode). And then, when i use hotkey for reset card frequency, fan speed is same as was set before with applied overclock profile. So pls add option to leave fan speed control on hardware. My card is HD 3650.
    -sry for bad english-

17. seeker010

seeker010 Member

for all the att that support it, setting a tent filter in a profile, saving, reopening att and going back to the profile shows box filter instead of the set tent filter.

18. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Did you Apply settings? Or did you load profile after that? :)

19. ktrain

ktrain New Member

GPU:
    Built by ATI X1300 PRO AGP 256 MB
    Hi Ray great tool!

Been using for long time, got old x1300 agp, trying this latest beta 1194 w/ catalyst 8.5, can't seem to get auto 2d/3d overclock working... what can I tell you to help with this?

p.s. auto 2d/3d overclock worked fine with cat 8.4 and att 1.3.6.1067

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  20. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Autoverclocking in ATT doesn't related to the version of Catalyst driver. better check what you did with settings :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.