ATT beta with HD 3xxx (and may be 2xxx) support

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clozak

clozak Member

Ray, thanks for the explanation. After about an hour of testing, disabling Shared Memory did not stop the stutters. In fact, disabling Shared Memory caused my card not to be overclocked, as set in the game profile, when started and actually overclocked the card after quiting the game.

If it's any consolation, the stuttering does not occur in all games like Crysis or Stalker. But it does stutter in all UT3 and games that use this engine. I hope you can fix this because a lot of cool games are coming out like Turok that uses the UT3 engine. I like the UT3 engine because it is the only engine that uses both cores of my FX-60 100% of the time.

So for now, ATT Shared Memory enabled and all OSD off. Result is games run silky smooth and top notch. Cheers to you for all of your time. :)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  2. Laykun

Laykun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Oh no, my problem is much worse than that. What I meant by nothing showing up when I click the Monitoring Graphs button is PRECISELY that. Not even the graph window shows up, absolutely nothing happens when I click Monitoring Graphs.

3. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    RTX2070 SUPER
    Ray : is there any possibility to add second sensor to second GPU on 3870X2?
    Thank you

4. Johnjk

Johnjk Member

GPU:
    Visiontek HD3870 512MB
    Well actuall, the HL2:Lost Coast Video Stress Test show a difference of 122fps with the OSD off and 84 with OSD on. No other settings were changed, I simply hit the hotkey to turn off the OSD.

Thus why I saw increased jerkiness/lag on TF2 (same graphics engine).

5. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Did you try to overclock your board?

_____
    to all. Guyz. If you post reports from your board please also write what works and what not.

6. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    So the problem not in SharedMemory.
    I just finished single missions in Fuel of war. This game use UE3. No problems, no stuttering, nothing at all!
    May be the problem in 3D settings?

I wrote before that using any kind of OSD functionality (not only in ATT but in any of other software!) will drop your fps because this required additional CPU and GPU times! And I have nothing to do with it.

7. Johnjk

Johnjk Member

GPU:
    Visiontek HD3870 512MB
    me???

8. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Ray, would you consider adding the GPU temp and fan speed to the tray tooltip?

9. blackmail

blackmail Member

GPU:
    His 4850 IceQ4 Turbo
    but this only happen wen ATT is open.

10. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    2 inklimited - There are no space for that. Tool tip is limited to 255 characters.

2 blackmail -
    Lets say it - This inly happened when X-Fire is opened :)

11. blackmail

blackmail Member

GPU:
    His 4850 IceQ4 Turbo
    u have a point there...

12. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I have already received reports about incompatible issues between ATT and X-Fire. And what can I say? You can use for example at same time RivaTuner+ATT+FRAPS without a single issue. All these utils use OSD functionality. X-Fire also has such functionality but I don't understand why they never thing that other software also can be integrated into rendering chain? :)
    I really think its time for me to look , what they did in X-Fire.

13. Laykun

Laykun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Take a page from Everest and create two extra taskbar icons that use the temp as their icon.

14. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    [​IMG]

But tooltip only uses about 40 at the moment. And some tooltips use even more than ATT. But I had a better idea, how about options so that people can choose which information they wish to display in the tooltip ie:clocks, AA+AF, Temps and Fans, etc.

15. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Sorry not 256 but 127 characters including carriage return.
    But I will think about it. I think no need in "ATI Tray Tools" text. It can be used for temperatures.

16. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Ok. I've analyzed injection code and found that X-Fire sometimes override my JPM instruction in the middle of my code so I unable to restore original code of DirectX function and as result - crash .
    At this moment you have to make game profile and check "Disable OSD Support" for this game. Of course you will lost FPS and FlashOSD functionality.

17. clozak

clozak Member

Ray, no problems in 3D settings. What problems could there be in 3D settings? Other people have reported this stuttering to you.

Something is wrong. I would not waste your time if this wasn't an issue. As soon as I uncheck "Enable OSD", the problem goes away.

18. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    You know, I think adding this info to toolstip is not a good idea. It will waste some additional CPU times every second! And I don't like this idea. At this moment tooltip updated only when you change clocks in ATT or right click to open menu. But it will not show current temperatures without automatically updates!

19. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I understand you. But you also should understand me. I don't have this problem on my computer, so how can I find the problem? And in addition. The stuttering - can you explain what kind of stuttering is it? There is no precise definition of the term :)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  20. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    ATT already can show temperatures as icons in tray area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.