ATT beta version with HD 4xxx support.

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ooops!

Ooops! New Member

GPU:
    PCS+ HD4870 512MB
    Hi. I only installed ATT to control my gfx card Fan speed. Other than that, i have no use for it, no overclocking, etc. So i had applied whatever fan speed in ATT that i wanted and proceed using my PC as normal.

So when i want to play my game, eg WoW, i just proceed as normal, aka start the Launcher and hit "Play". With ATT active, hitting "Play" does not start the game at all. I tried this with TF2 (thru Steam, of course) but the game didn't start too. When i disable ATT, i am able to start the game though, although there is this one weird Error msg, which i didn't bother to jot down.

Do you mean to say that I will have to create a "Game Profile" in ATT for each of my game in order for these games to start smoothly?

10Q for your patience. :)

2. Leopardi

Leopardi Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7870 OC 2GB

3. DaedalEVE

DaedalEVE New Member

GPU:
    VisionTek Radeon HD4870
    Tried the v-sync options?

3D > Settings
    "Wait for vertical Sync" options.

4. Burdoror

Burdoror New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850@710/1150

I have exactly the same issue.
    I'm not able to run any voltage different than default in ATT (In this case, max is 1158). As far as I know 4850 is able to reach max 2.1V. *Without pencil mode).

After implementation of any different V my monitor goes to crash.
    Another problem: Find MAX memory works good. GPU not. It crashes after value of 775 is reached. I know I should have higher voltage, but ATT should find artifacts in "GPU max" searching engine. It doesnt :(

Max what I was able to reach (with 1158V) is 710/1150 :(

Temps are 45-50'C (I'm using Accelero + 120mm fan)

Waitng for help :( If anybody has a solution for voltage configuration.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008

5. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Ray, I just installed the HD4870 on my PC, and downloaded the latest beta of ATT. To my dismay, the hue and saturation controls are missing! :confused: What happened to them? I'd really like to have them back...

6. Leopardi

Leopardi Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7870 OC 2GB
    Of course. It is disabled there but it still remains on in games where you cant disable it from game.

7. Peke

Peke Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4890 1GB Vapor-X
    @Laykun & Ooops!
    I'm not sure if it is related to TF2 also but I have noticed that when I start EVE OSD must be disabled or Game reports Security issue due to possible file tempering and closes the game, W/O OSD all is OK.

@Decane
    Display settings are disabled in latest ATT versions.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  8. Laykun

Laykun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Hmm, interesting, however TF2 opens for me with the OSD enabled.

9. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    I can see that, but my question is why? Is it an incompatibility issue? Also, is the correct registry setting for determining the intensity of saturation the ColorVibrance string in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{CC99CD63-D53E-4576-B0C8-7A6CBCD54FD1}\0000\?

EDIT: Or is it perhaps the binary DALOvlYUVSaturation?

10. stevvie

stevvie Member Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Pulse
    Just installed version 1314 and can't seem to find where to enable my TVout. I remember using TVOut with ATT a few years back with my 9800Pro. Has it been removed in the newer versions ?

11. DaedalEVE

DaedalEVE New Member

GPU:
    VisionTek Radeon HD4870
    I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but is there a way to add more than one executable to the path of a game profile, or do you have to create a separate profile for each one?

And for that matter, does ATT detect simply the EXE or does it detect the EXE WITH the path specified in the profile?

I run multiple instances of some MMO's that use their own install folder for each instance (helps eliminate read/write conflicts when two or more instances are trying to access the same file at the same time). Thing is for a game like EVE, one file is "EVE\bin\ExeFile.exe" while the other is in "EVE2\bin\ExeFile.exe"

Ok I've done a little experimenting and found that ATT indeed detects the ENTIRE path of the EXE as it is defined in the profile.
    I'm also not sure you can put more than one path in there. I've tried several variations including ; and , with and without spaces. It is unlikely any other combo will work.

I've also learned that some games that use multiple executables (like EVE, which uses eve.exe as it's launcher, and exefile.exe for the game itself) require a profile for each exe file path. If not setup properly ATT will not apply the correct 3d profile or OC settings, nor will the OSD support be disabled (when set as such) unless it is set as so for both executables profiles.

Ray, is there a way to include the ability for a profile to accept more than one exe file path?
    Obviously you can go through and create a separate profile for each and every file, but this can make things quite messy/confusing when it comes time to change those settings.
    Also it will allow you to create fewer total profiles, using only variations in 3d settings (AA and AF), then simply assigning an exe to that profile. Instead of having say, 10 game profiles, that all use the same AAx4 and AFx8 settings, you can have a single profile capable of applying those setting to 10 different exe's, and it's all handled within a single profile. Everything is then made much neater and easier to work with.
    I'm actually accustomed to this having come from an nVidia card using nHancer, as it gives you the ability to do just that.

12. stevvie

stevvie Member Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Pulse
    Are the voltages in the Overclocking section supposed to be saved in the profile ?
    I set Core @ 200 and mem @625( any lower and I would get artifacting on the screen at ANY voltage) and voltage at 0.892 and applied it and saved the profile as 2D. I then set Core@650 Mem @ 1000 Voltage at 1.044(default) and apllied it and saved it as 3D. ?I then went to autooverclocking and sets 2D for 2D and 3D for 3D. I then started the monitor and played a little of crysis warhead and then looked at the monitor and it showed the core/mem changing speed but the voltage stayed the same.
    This was in Vista 64Bit with cat's 8.9.

EDIT: I reinstalled ATT and it now seems to work as it should, not sure why it need a reinstall but a reinstall fixed it.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  13. Peke

Peke Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4890 1GB Vapor-X
    @DaedalEVE
    As an active EVE player I have set "ExeFile.exe" as executable and all work like charm.

Fly safe.

14. Yakubblackbeard

Yakubblackbeard New Member

GPU:
    Visontek HD4850
    For all the people that have issues with games not starting or working with vista, I just turned off OSD and everything seem to work fine.
    I don't if it's just isolated to me, but I suggest trying that

15. piojo153

piojo153 New Member

GPU:
    HIS 4890 1GB
    Version 1.5.9.1314 equals a PunkBuster Kick for GAME HOOK #125083

Test 4 urself.

(Tested in battlefield 2 only)

PS: Tried in two diff PC's also w/ one friend, same Sh**. Be aware.
    PS2: 1.5.9.1284, doesnt give that fake kick.

16. DaedalEVE

DaedalEVE New Member

GPU:
    VisionTek Radeon HD4870
    Ah ok, I just tried bypassing the eve.exe (the file my desktop shortcut points to) and went directly for ExeFile.exe
    It seems to let everything work just fine.

Hmm... makes me wonder what the point of the eve.exe file is then. The only difference I saw was that with eve.exe you get the eve splash screen, but with exefile.exe you get a command prompt during load. *shrug*

No flying for me anyway though, I'm in station training while I try out Warhammer online ^_^ (buggy, but fun so far).

17. slimsymeat

slimsymeat Active Member

GPU:
    Super Jetsream GTX 1080
    Question about the LOD in game profile. I play a lot of games that have the lods for the materials assigned from 0 to -6. If I leave the slider set at 0 does that mean everything will be set to 0 or is it like a neutral setting and let the application decide. If not it possible to have an application decide setting in the game profiles?

Thx...

18. Tigertank

Tigertank Member

GPU:
    XFX 5870
    Hi Ray, can you include this CCC feature in your program? it's important for old games.

[​IMG]

Thanks!

19. Osiwaru

Osiwaru New Member

GPU:
    MSI - R4850-T2D512
    Underclocking via ATT and electricity failure

Hello,

I would like to ask you here.
    I tried underclock my MSI R4850 - T2D512, GPU at 160 and memory at 500 via ATT 1.5.9.1314. After confirmation of new clocks and few seconds electricity in my apartament fail and i have must kick on main fuses for apartement. How is it possible? And what may be the cause?

My configuration:
    • E5200
    • GA-EP45-DS3L
    • 4GB PATRIOT PDC24G6400ELK
    • Seasonic SS-400ET

20. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Full path + exe name.

TV Out / Display module removed from ATT and never will be back. Sorry :)

I have only COD4 as online game and don't have any problems with PB service and with last beta of ATT.

0 - is default value , have no idea is it app control. This is unofficial option so no one can say how its work exactly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.