ATT beta version with HD 4xxx support.

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    Ray, is it possible to force VPU recovery to stay turned off?

Im using CCC mode in ATT becuase you recomended it over the separate ogl, d3d. Im on xp32 bit, but whenever i restart my computer VPU recovery is back on.

I do not have CCC installed. and its the same with 8.7 and 8.8 drivers.

2. Drek

Drek Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD2600 XT
    I'm wondering if it might be because I saved my settings from the earlier version. I just didn't want to set everything up all over again, but maybe I need to wipe it clean and start from scratch...

3. Tioz

Tioz New Member

GPU:
    Powecolor HD4850 512MB
    How do I make the card automatically switch to the frequencies I set in Manual Overclock every time a 3D is opened?
    Also, does the voltage setting in Manual Overclock override the bios setting? Is it possible to set 1,2V in ATT?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  4. Hellknight[FA]

Hellknight[FA] Member

GPU:
    GeForce 1060 GTX
    Are there any plans of implementing a checkbox for the new "de-noise" feature of 8.8 under XP?

It's a important quality switch because ATi does have it's denoising settings way to high adjusted. So you get ugly smearing when hardware acceleration is enabled.

Greetings

Timo

5. Tioz

Tioz New Member

GPU:
    Powecolor HD4850 512MB
    ATT has messed up my display
    Suddenly after a find artifacts the image of the screen has gone too big for the screen.
    At 1680*1050 it's enormours and won't fit on the monitor, it's like zoomed in
    http://img178.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=92779_Untitled-1_122_369lo.jpg&loc=loc369
    I've tried uninstalling and cleaning completely and reinstalling the drivers but it won't go right
    I tried putting DNA drivers but the problem remains; games work but they too are like zoomed in
    I just can't get it right and I don't want to format!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  6. Dwarden

Dwarden Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2048MB
    tioz this is offtopic what's that background is that downloaded from somewhere or result of some application / PS plugin?

7. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    As I know VPU Recover options has no effect on HD 3xxx, nd 4xxx boards. These boards has internal protection systems differs from standard VPU recover. Also Vista has its own VPU recover system which can not be overrided by Catalyst.

8. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Have no idea will this works under XP or not.

9. krakjen

krakjen Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290 Tri-X
    Are you referring to this?

10. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    Thx for the response.

However, i've been playing serious sam 2 lately.with vpu recover ticked, i get a slowdown to 20fps after 10-20min's of gameplay. it goes away if i alt tab. I reproduced it more than 5 times. when i untick vpu rcover, i don't get any slowdowns after hours of playing. its really strange :3eyes:

Ill give it a few more runs with both vpu recovery on and off to see if it happens again.

11. Tioz

Tioz New Member

GPU:
    Powecolor HD4850 512MB
    Downloaded, everybody askes me for it:)

12. mat9v9tam

mat9v9tam Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX970M @C1330/M2705
    Hi
    I seem to have a small problem. I created 2 profiles, for simplicity named high and low speed. The low speed one is 300/300 for both cards and is ticked to run @ startup. The problem is that while it seems to load the profile (gpu-z reports that at least cards are @ 300/300) powerplay automaticaly increases clock values "on demand". Bit if I manualy load high speed profile then again low speed profile, everything work just like I want it to, namely card stay @ 300/300 all the time.
    Driver version is 8.54 Vista 64, cards are HD4870.

13. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Guyz I need your help again :)
    Build 1.5.9.1292
    http://cid-a50350ea7a969f0c.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/attsetup.exe
    I have added monitoring of 3 additional diodes for HD 4xxx video boards. You can see them in GPU-Z as DISPIO/MEMIO/SHADERCORE. What I want from you is to check ATT monitoring comparing it with GPU-Z. Why I need it. GPU-Z use different technique to read temperatures. I just want to be sure that other method will works as well on all HD 4xxx samples.

14. bigflause

bigflause Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9600 GT
    does anyone know how to get rid of this smearing? I find it really annoying watching sports. I used to have a 9600GT and I never had this smearing issue.

15. Fulch

Fulch New Member

GPU:
    Powercolor PCS 4870 512MB
    Works fine for me on Powercolor PCS Extreme HD 4870, this is one of the non reference cards as it has the extra vrm module.

Any chance of adding the vrm temp's to monitoring, they are shown as VDDC Slave 1 - 4 in GPU-Z.

Thank you Ray for all the time and effort you have put into developing ATT.

16. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Did you compare results between GPUZ and ATT?

17. 6mike6

6mike6 New Member

GPU:
    Club3D HD4870 512MB
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  18. LuxZg

LuxZg Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD4890
    Ray, it works fine. I have just compared them, and will post a screenshot in a minute, when it's uploaded.. There are small differences (mostly 0,5C) but that is normal as had same small differences between GPU-Z and Everest as well (depends on the moment of polling probably). Screenshot comming!

EDIT: Sorry for GPU-Z cutt-off, I did it in Paint, but I guess it doesn't matter, important numbers are clearly seen :)
    [​IMG]

Now, I'll ask the same thing Fulch asked above - can we expect VRM monitoring as well? :)

Oh, and btw - when we pick "export" for monitoring history values, do we get whole history from the moment that monitoring was turned on (or only what's seen on the graph). And other thing is, can we export all graphs to same file? Oh, and one more question, when we mouseover graphs and get readouts of values.. can we get readout for the all graphs above/below at the same time? Something like in RivaTuner :) Pleaaaase, pretty please :)

19. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Good info. And really cool temperatures! I have about 60c for 3 sensors in 2D! :)

20. Tigertank

Tigertank Member

GPU:
    XFX 5870
    Hi Ray, your ATT is compatible with 64bit games like Crysis, Half-life 2(64bit mode), ecc...?
    I use Vista 64.
    Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.