ATT beta version (UNICODE support)

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    BIOS limitation and sometimes at hardware level too.

2. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
  3. Kuldebar

Kuldebar Active Member

GPU:
    GT730 2GB/DDR5
    Driver loader installs works perfectly. *

*ATT won't run at system startup even if the option (registry or startup) is selected. BUT the driver loader works perfect and ATT can be started manually with no issues. Of course, if you are using the driver loader service from a previous install, it must be disabled to be able to complete the ATT installation.

To have ATT run automatically at system log on simply set it up as a Task in the Task Scheduler like Johnjk described here:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  4. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    So, does it work with UAC or not?

5. Kuldebar

Kuldebar Active Member

GPU:
    GT730 2GB/DDR5
    Yes, I don't disable UAC, it works fine with it.

retail Windows 7 64 bit, all updated...

6. gsbueno

gsbueno Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD HD 6870
    I don't know what is going on in my PC but the previous versions of ATT worked perfect but this one don't.

In Low Level Driver Installation appears to be installed but not started (just like the previous one) but this time I cannot get it started from the beginning.

What am I doing wrong? My OS is Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit with UAC disabled.

Thank you very much

7. TekGun

TekGun New Member

GPU:
    ATI HD6950 2GB u
    Hi, I'm having the same problem, I have UAC disabled anyway (just because I find it annoying) previous versions of ATT worked fine. I upgraded to the latest beta version tonight and the program installed fine. However I ran find max core and got a bsod, when my PC restarted I received a error message
    "Can not connect to low level driver Please reinstall under administration rights"
    Uninstalled ATT reinstalled but now get the same message every time I try to start ATT. This is with me logged in as admin and running the installer with admin rights.
    If I go to the low level driver installation menu, it says low level driver is installed but not started and I can't seem to start it.
    My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

8. Kuldebar

Kuldebar Active Member

GPU:
    GT730 2GB/DDR5
    For those having problems, can you check to see if the service is running?

If not, install the service by typing "attdrv64srv.exe /install" -this has to be done in admin mode.

I had to stop the service to finish the install, because I already had attdrv64srv running previously, but perhaps you aren't getting the attdrv64srv installed correctly by attsetup.exe...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  9. gsbueno

gsbueno Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD HD 6870
    Yes Kuldebar, it's started the service you have showed me but I still can make it start. I don't know which are the differences between this loader and the previous one but I cannot make it work.

Thank you very much for your work Ray! and thank you for your help Kuldebar!

Have a nice day both!

10. TekGun

TekGun New Member

GPU:
    ATI HD6950 2GB u
    I have the service in the services list, but can not start it I get the message
    "Windows could not start the Ati Tray Tool 64Bits low level driver loader service on Local Computer.
    Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

I tried install the service from an elevated command prompt (after googling how to do it) but I get a message saying that "InstallUtil is not a recognised internal or external command, operable program or batch file"
    I don't know how to fix this, and have not got time to learn right now hopefully tomorrow.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010

11. Kuldebar

Kuldebar Active Member

GPU:
    GT730 2GB/DDR5
    This is very strange.

The service should load if you are running x64 Windows. ATT auto start may not work, but that can be taken care of by running ATT as a scheduled task on logon once you have the 64 bit loader running.

Just to be doubly sure about manually installing the 64 bit loader the first time:

[​IMG]

That's how I did it. after a reboot, the service loads, and ATT can be started manually or as a Task.

12. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Juist run ATT. Do not look in any Windows errors and don't use Low Level driver installation util.

ATT install new loader automatically if 64 bit Vista or W7 detected. Of course you must have .NET installed.

13. gsbueno

gsbueno Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD HD 6870
    Ok Ray. I think I know which was the problem: I had untick .net from Windows Features Menu:bang:

I'll try later if that was the issue. By the way, which are the differences between this new loader and the old one?

Thnak you very much. I'll post later if it finally works for me.

14. WTFX

WTFX Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560 Ti TOP 1GB
    The old loader worked just fine for me on Win7 x64 without testmode etc. hacks..
    Now the new one needs a service running constantly so it feels more like a downgrade.

UAC support, so what, it's the most annoying feature ever introduced in Windows.

How about we get an option to choose the loader?
    If not possible, it's ok, ATT is the greatest thing ever happened to my ATi card. Too bad I thought it's development had stopped long ago, 'cos guru3d's ATT page is down and download section only has the latest (rly dated) stable rls. Just found out recently it's been in dev all this time. :bang:

15. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Lets ask people :) Do you need old style loader or new one like Service? Do you need UAC support or not.

16. Kuldebar

Kuldebar Active Member

GPU:
    GT730 2GB/DDR5
    Well, not everyone wished to disable UAC, especially now that UAC isn't a pain in the ass like it used to be. So, I think, you make ATI Trays Tools install like you always have, and include the 64 bit loader file as an optional file for those like me.

Where's Cheerpipe at, he might have a better idea?

17. gsbueno

gsbueno Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD HD 6870
    I prefer the old one. For me it's easier than the new one and I've had 0 issues with it.

Definately old style loader.

Regards

18. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
  19. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Later I will try to find way to coexists two loaders in ATT and give choice to user.

20. WTFX

WTFX Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560 Ti TOP 1GB
    wow, well thx for such a quick fix Ray! normally i'd expect my 1st post in a forum to be ignored or something. this was like the complete opposite.. :D

glad i sort of could "help" since i lead u to those tests which showed the defects of the new loader. :D

option to choose sounds good, while i feel completely satisfied with the "old" loader anyway. but better than a must-be-running-service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.