ATT beta version (UNICODE support)

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjc862003

rjc862003 Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5750@855/1337
    well ah-hem I don't understand why you have not heard of it
    malwarebytes makes some of THE BEST anti BadWare products avaliable I have used there software for many years

just fyi :)

2. spaceger

spaceger Member

But only Malwarebytes report an issue. who is wrong, the other very important "security" companies or Malwarebytes.

My hint, delete this kind of software.

Back to Topic.

Somthing went really wrong with 9.11, a lot of flickering with ATT and Borderlands wont start -> now it starts, but it looks garbage.

My Problem or ATIDriver(ATT) issue?

Sorry, ive seen Ray lost textures too.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  3. DOOMJESUS

DOOMJESUS Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5870
    kid, FYI, if you spend enough time computing, you will eventually learn that these programs are 99% bullsh*t.
    don't be surprised when people who are smarter than you, have never heard of your favorite false-sense-of-security-snake-oil-program.
    you will find that by staying away from unscrupulous websites, you can negate the need for them entirely...:biggun:

sorry Ray, back to business...

Ray, (i'm certain you have been asked before but) i wonder if you could include hdtv over/underscan controls?

i had to go back to ccc for the sake of my hdmi 1080p panels.
    some versions of the driver, upon install, set the driver to underscan a 1080p screen 5% on hdmi by default.
    and the only way to control it at this point is ccc. i chased my tail for way too long figuring this out...

also, i'm wondering if you will require a 5000 card to enable super-sample aa?
    which, it seems, also requires ccc to access at this point...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  4. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Why when something happens its should be always ATT's fault? :) 9.111 is garbage itself I also found lost of textures in Borderlands. Rolled back to 9.8 :)

Already answered ion such question. TV Out/Displays module are removed from ATT ad will be developed in future. This is because of lack of information and hardware. Hardware like LCD displays, HDMI TV and so on. Its near impossible for me to support all kind of monitors and connections. ATI gives no information about it

5. mcgyvr81

mcgyvr81 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7870 2GB
    Well, regarding that GPU scaling / over- / underscan stuff:

Even ATi don't get that BS sorted themselves...

1. CCC leaves the GPU scaling options greyed out as long as you have the displays' native resolution set on desktop. To make them accessible, you first have to switch to a non-native desktop resolution. If you read through various hardware forums, that's the main point people are moaning about. And ATi gives a **** about it... Looks like the case when a user wants native desktop resolution, but needs GPU scaling for non-native Fullscreen apps doesn't exist for them. :bang:

2. In my case (1920x1200 display), even switching to a non-native resolution didn't remove the grey from GPU scaling options at first. Tried 1920x1080, then 1600x1200, 1280x800, neither worked... 1366x768 then did the trick, and the boxes finally became clickable. :3eyes:

3. Scaling works fine for all Fullscreen apps in 2D and for 3D up to DX9. DX10+ Fullscreen apps however are not affected by my GPU scaling settings... :grab:

6. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Personally I don't like GPU scaling because it switch to 59Hz not 60Hz on my BENQ monitor. Video board can scale on old fashion manner without any problems, but not in GPU scale mode.

7. DOOMJESUS

DOOMJESUS Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5870
    for the record, my experience has been nothing like what you describe. with an asus 24" 1080 monitor and a vizio 37" 1080 hdtv (the ultimate desktop). i think you've got some other type of conflict at work there, just letting you know, it doesn't work that way for everyone...

i don't see why you would scale a 3d app the first place, most of them have adjustments to change the resolution but if the game doesn't go as high as the monitor, it would be most preferable to play the game in a box with pixel for pixel reproduction than to stretch it, that looks like **** whether it's done by the gfx card or the monitor.

also 1920x1200 is a wasted res imo, i would not go over 1080 until they double or triple the pixel standard for panels. scaling will be required for just about every movie you watch on a 1200 display. i didn't get a widescreen monitor and hdtv so i could watch movies letterboxed. everything (games, movies, television) is optimized for 1080, i can't imagine why people are willing to spend money on 120 more lines with that in mind... ...but i digress...

8. mcgyvr81

mcgyvr81 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7870 2GB
    I have other systems where the scaling options work as they're supposed to, but not on the one with the 1920x1200 monitor... and my findings on the scaling options behaviour concur with some others on (german) hardware forums, so a single point user error should be ruled out.

Your opinion has nothing to do with my problems - point.

Scaling to fullscreen to me is a viable way if your graphics card can't push the necessary FPS in certain apps at native resolution. Quality of output stands and falls with the interpolation algorithms of the monitor, and can't be judged in "black-and-white" fashion IMHO...

If you do productive work on the same display (3D CAD construction for example), every pixel counts.

1080p fullscreen works for me, as I get black bars top and bottom, and the image is output with per-pixel accuracy. And we don't talk of cinemascope material yet, where you get black bars even on native FullHD panels.

And again, it's your personal opinion and not mine...

9. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
  10. CartCSS

CartCSS Member

GPU:
    HD4870

11. koiazliwe

koiazliwe New Member

GPU:
    HD 3870 Ultimate
    ATI Tray Tools v1.6.9.1444 ERROR [​IMG]

Other bug ATT show 1 more fps from original

2 program show 80 fps in game
    ATT show 81 fps :3eyes:

I use windows 7 Enterprise x86

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  12. Yusuke

Yusuke Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon X1900XTX 512MB PCI-E 16x
    I got the same error (with Windows 7 Ultimate x86) and a quick fix i found is to make a copy of atiadlxx.dll and name it atiadlxy.dll and all works well :)

13. mcgyvr81

mcgyvr81 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7870 2GB
    Are you sure you selected "Run as administrator"?

14. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Uploaded fixed version :) I don't use ADL , just tested it but forgot to remove part of code :)

Is 32 bit has only atiadlxx.dll ?

15. Yusuke

Yusuke Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon X1900XTX 512MB PCI-E 16x
    Thanks for quick fix :)
    Thats the only one mine has

16. n\/Cl34r

n\/Cl34r Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Problem: New ATT breaks Steam Ingame Overlay, for any game.

17. koiazliwe

koiazliwe New Member

GPU:
    HD 3870 Ultimate
    Hm I use ATI Tray Tools v1.6.9.1447 in Steam play original Counter-Strike and no problem.

Bug in ATT show 1 more fps CONTINUE,please Ray fix

18. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Nothing to fix. It just mathematics . If ATT counts 55.7 FPS it will show 56, not 55.

19. krakjen

krakjen Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290 Tri-X
    Confirmed (despite not using auto-overclocking).

20. Cheerpipe

Cheerpipe Active Member

GPU:
    2X HD48702 1GB CF
    Hi to all. First off all, it is not a bug report, only a question.

Sinse i installed cat 9.12 hotfix, i was unable to play any game while att is open, or worst, if i open att, i got bsod after some minutes.

So the question is. ¿Is only my messed system the problem? or ¿there are more poeploe with ATT problems with the new cat 9.12 hf?

I really hope the problem is my pc and not imcompatibility between ATT and cat 9.12hf.

Thanks by all..... and sorry my english

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.